Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - Saints v Pies Thurs March 21st 7:30pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t the AFL give GOTY to a player that clearly threw the ball one year? They don’t care lol
Yeah Higgins against Collingwood

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

A bit rich about pies fans complaining about the umps considering they got an armchair ride all the way through the finals right up until the last 10 seconds with the crazy 'advantage' call.

Daicos has got to play half back. He's too soft for the midfield. It sets a bad precedent for the rest of the team.

Won't go into the umps, but yes, daicos at half back is a weapon. He has time and space. In the middle he is rushed and he isn't strong enough to break away at every contest

Won't go into the umps, but yes, daicos at half back is a weapon. He has time and space. In the middle he is rushed and he isn't strong enough to break away at every contest
In the lead up to the Higgins boundary goal Naicos actually ran away from the marking contest waiting for someone else to win the hard crumb and get the easy receive ...... absolute fraud

It's probably good in the long run the Saints play at the MCG, though were they annoyed that the game wasn't scheduled at Marvel?

Is it related to Collingwood not playing down at Geelong?

In light of the fixed fixturing, the skewiff free kick stat, and the Higgins goal kicked from the front row, appear to karmatic events. Yeah we all. shine. on.

It's probably good in the long run the Saints play at the MCG, though were they annoyed that the game wasn't scheduled at Marvel?

In light of the fixed fixturing, the skewiff free kick stat, and the Higgins goal kicked from the front row, appear to karmatic events. Yeah we all. shine. on.

We asked for it to be moved there.

We did the same thing last year vs Essendon to celebrate our 150th.

They would have requested it, for the increased ticket sales at a larger venue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's no forget the first goal of the game was a goal to Jamie Elliott who dropped the mark but they paid it. Not getting enough airtime in this thread. Also I can't stand it when fans don't understand that you need to have prior to be called for holding the ball. All the pies fans yelling out 'balllll' at every tackle was hella frustrating.

Let's no forget the first goal of the game was a goal to Jamie Elliott who dropped the mark but they paid it. Not getting enough airtime in this thread. Also I can't stand it when fans don't understand that you need to have prior to be called for holding the ball. All the pies fans yelling out 'balllll' at every tackle was hella frustrating.

And the obvious throw by Moore to Higgins before he kicked a goal where he was probably out of bounds.

Collingwood fans just being sooks.

We asked for it to be moved there.

We did the same thing last year vs Essendon to celebrate our 150th.
It cost your mob significant dollars also, it’s a good thing getting more people to a game that draws greater community awareness to a significant issue, also pays respect to Spud and his contribution.

Sh1t we lost but there are a few things bigger than 4 points as much as they were needed.

First of all, it's always a wonderful thing to see Collingwood lose. The Saints are not bad, they are a good team and while the Pies were competitive in the game, they have lost that half a metre or so and were caught often and fumbled more than they usually do. It's so much like Geelong of last season and looking at their fixture in the next month they could be in the lower half of the ladder come the end of April? The game against the Lions is now critical for both teams.

I didn't notice the umpires to be honest.

But for full disclosure, I also didn't notice when in deep sleep the thief in the night who cleaned out my garage late last year in the build up to the festive season!

Hey, I'm not the first person to defend Collingwood, but ...

I watched a movie last night rather than the game. I switched it on just after St Kilda had kicked a goal to give them a 33-point lead. Then the Collingwood comeback started, the umpiring from there was atrocious and one-sided and killed any momentum that Collingwood had. It wasn't just that they were missing frees that Collingwood should have got, they were giving Saints free off wrong calls . Then when it was capped off with the goal from the 5th row, I had to literally lol.

If Essendon was on the receiving end of that it would be hard not to feel like it was almost deliberate. I'm sure it wasn't, but whoever was umpiring was completely incompetent. I haven't seen a worse performance on the MCG since Harry Jones last week. He's been omitted despite Essendon also having 3 forced changes.

I didn't see the press conference, but I doubt very much that Mcrae made a big deal about it in the press because it is bad for our footy culture to bring umpire abuse in as it does filter down to lower leagues and ends umpiring for juniors. It also sends the wrong message to his players because his players should know that they're in that position because of how bad they were. However, I really hope that there is a behind the scenes way for clubs to complain about umpiring.

Umpires should be held accountable because it is a professional entertainment product and really bad performances like that turn people off. I feel like each decision should be open to official complaints and responses so that everyone involved can learn from it. Either the umpire or the team that felt like they were wronged can learn that they need to change something. Also over time, particular umpries can learn where their blindspots are, and if an umpire is consistently not up to it (not just had one bad game), then they're not given more games.

It can be all left behind closed doors and down the track released to the public de-personalised.

While there is something to be said about the drama of injustice driving viewership, I think the opposite is true. The nature of officiating in soccer stops me from being a full-on fan of that game.

Back