Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Giants v Pies Sat March 9th 7:30pm AEDT (GS)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you even understand what constitutes a contested possession?

Any possession with an opponent within 2m of you is classified as a contested possession. Show me a hard ball get from Nicky and i will wait.

In the mean time there is plenty of footage of him shirking a contest and running away from blokes!
Are we arguing over contested possessions or hard ball gets though?

Collingwood are premiers largely because they played as hard as anyone and outworked other teams - also favourable umpiring in their last two finals.

Their actual list, while good, is not the best in the comp. It’d be an amazing effort if they’re able to keep up that intensity after winning a flag.
They won 3 finals last year by a total of 12 points. In standard Melbourne fashion we had that many more I50 yet failed to score. Us to blame. I’d be very surprised if they won it again this year. GWS will be right up there, as will Brisbane and possibly Carlton. I like the Swans as well. No idea on Port.

At least AFL knobs in the past like Jack Riewoldt and Goddard could actually play. I don't get how one guy living off 1 decent game can think he is top sh!t.
Nothing worse watching him with a premiership medal and the American flag draped over him last year…..Mason and his ‘trash talk’.

Are we arguing over contested possessions or hard ball gets though?
I mean, contested posessions were being discussed as a way to prove Daicos was a... I dunno, insde player or something.

That said, I think this criticism of him as not being tough or whatever is stupid. Even if he wasnt in the top 40 hardest players on the team, who gets his hands dirty or splits every 1v1 ground ball, that's not his role. It's like people shitting on inside midfielders for being poor kicks.

Nice game.
Once the referees stopped the dodgy frees early, it was 16 to 8 goals rest of game. Commentatoes clearly restrained from speaking frankly.

Collingwood backs pushed up so much, there were fairly easy goals over the back in an open Giants forward half.

Too early to get too excited. Plenty of big dipper moments awaiting all teams rest of season. The season is a 19th century Russian novel, rather than a quick tweet. Alyosha is not guaranteed victory.

At least AFL knobs in the past like Jack Riewoldt and Goddard could actually play. I don't get how one guy living off 1 decent game can think he is top sh!t.
This is how I've always felt.

I don't like arrogant knobhead players.....but at least if they're genuinely talented, I guess they're earned the right to carry on like that. They demand respect.

Seeing Cox trash talk and strut around like King Carey when he's had like 4 touches for the game is just cringe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was funny by Cox.
I think he knows what he's doing, someone mentioned on this thread last night that he's playing the 'Heel'.
Being the arrogant, tosspot bully.
It adds a bit of spice, and all that.
In the end, noone was hurt and GWS did the talking where it matters.

Last edited:
If any team’s going to grow the game in Western Sydney it’ll be this iteration of the Giants. They are electric. Excited/petrified to see them in person next week.

Back