Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Swans v Demons Thurs March 7th 7:30pm AEDT (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • Swans by a lot

• Demons by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Midfield is the problem. Langdon finished.

Petty has kicked 19 goals in his career, with 6 straight in 1 game, yet he’s crafted some reputation as being a great forward…

I didn't have them as a lock for the finals, lost some decent players and the off field situation in the preseason can either galvanise or fracture a group

Still plenty of talent on the list, but not sure the cohesion is strong

Petty has kicked 19 goals in his career, with 6 straight in 1 game, yet he’s crafted some reputation as being a great forward…

I agree re: Langdon but in time Howes and Windsor will fill that void.

Jeremy Howe started as a forward and ended up a solid defender. If Petty can stop getting injured I believe he can do the same.

What a boring game.

Why did Melbourne play Oliver when he is clearly not match fit? Needs a spell in the twos until his fitness is back to AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol bit harsh on Petty stating his career goal tally when he's played 99% of his career as a key defender. come on mate.

He's definitely our best key forward.

Dees will certainly improve once their injured/suspended forwards return but last night did look as though one side was playing modern day turnover footy + utilising the corridoor whenever they could whilst the other tried to rely on a triassic style of clearances and long dump kicks inside 50

I agree re: Langdon but in time Howes and Windsor will fill that void.

Jeremy Howe started as a forward and ended up a solid defender. If Petty can stop getting injured I believe he can do the same.
I think it’s easier for forwards to play back. I’m not suggesting Petty can’t be a good forward, it’s just that alot of Melbourne fans think he is the big difference, yet he really apart from 1 game, he is unproven as a forward.

lol bit harsh on Petty stating his career goal tally when he's played 99% of his career as a key defender. come on mate.

He's definitely our best key forward.
Yeah that’s what I mean. He really hasn’t played forward long enough to suggest he will make a difference. His 6 goal straight game may have been an outlier.

I didn't have them as a lock for the finals, lost some decent players and the off field situation in the preseason can either galvanise or fracture a group

Still plenty of talent on the list, but not sure the cohesion is strong
youve always got Billings.

Back