Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Freo v Crows Fri March 29th 7:30pm AEDT/4:30pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just out of interest, what did you mean by writing lol at the end. Always fascinated me.

That's me having a giggle at the annual 'yes you're undefeated but who have you beaten that's any good' that we get when a few teams go 3-0 and the mobs they've beaten are usually 0-3 or 1-2 haha.

I mean seriously we're not even 4 rounds into the year so it's difficult to gauge form for the year ahead and people like to pot a side that starts well.

You can only beat the teams you're fixtured to play so after 3 rounds of course they're going to look ordinary on the ladder.

Freo has started well so good on them.

Does this logic also apply to GWS, Port and Carlton?
GWS are light years ahead of the Dockers at the moment. Port and Carlton still playing better footy than the Dockers.
We will see at the end of the year but i expect all three to finish ahead of the Dockers. The Dockers will have to improve a lot otherwise i see them finishing 8-12 especially as they have a lot better teams to play who are in real form and not playing a half or three quarters of footy.

From the AFL website:
FREMANTLE coach Justin Longmuir has declared there is significant improvement left in his in-form group if they ... embrace the "boredom and monotony" of the season ahead.

Says it all, really.
Yeah you need to read the full quote. Not just cherry pick the line that suits you best.

Does this logic also apply to GWS, Port and Carlton?

Freo have beaten three teams that beat us last year. Does that make our 3-0 sound better.

Sure North are crap for 1/2 their games. Not sure what is wrong with Brisbane, and our defence killed Adelaide. We can only play the teams in front of us.
Next week against Carltank will be a good judge of where we are. At least we won’t be coming off consecutive six day breaks.

GWS are light years ahead of the Dockers at the moment. Port and Carlton still playing better footy than the Dockers.
We will see at the end of the year but i expect all three to finish ahead of the Dockers. The Dockers will have to improve a lot otherwise i see them finishing 8-12 especially as they have a lot better teams to play who are in real form and not playing a half or three quarters of footy.
Carlton won two games by less than a kick and beat up on North yesterday. They haven’t put a four quarter effort together either yet reading the drivel on Big Footy and the idiots in the media you’d think they’ve got top 4 in the bag.

I don’t mind us being perennially underrated but the lack of respect for a team that won a final 18 months ago and has started this season with the best defence in the league does spin me out compared to the praise other teams that have also effectively achieved nothing get.

What a silly post.

Lions are expected to be top 4 again.

We know North stinks.

Crows on the rebuild too but you can only beat who you're fixtured to play lol.
Another nuffy who can't deal with facts.

Yes, you can only beat who you're fixtured to play. In Freo's case, they've had the good fortune of playing teams that haven't won a game all year.

Another nuffy who can't deal with facts.

Yes, you can only beat who you're fixtured to play. In Freo's case, they've had the good fortune of playing teams that haven't won a game all year.
We’ve also kept the two highest scoring teams from last season to a combined 103 points.

Back