Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Blues v Tigers Thurs March 14th 7:30pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 62 66.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton-vs-Richmond.png

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 1
CARLTON V RICHMOND
THURSDAY MARCH 14TH 7:30PM AEDT (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
BLUES
B: Z. Williams, L. Young, B. Kemp
HB: A. Saad, M. McGovern, N. Newman
C: M. Cottrell, P. Cripps - C, B. Acres
HF: D. Cuningham, C. Curnow, O. Fantasia
F: M. Owies, H. McKay, O. Hollands
FOLL: T. De Koning, A. Cerra, G. Hewett

I/C: J. Boyd, C. Durdin, M. Kennedy, L. Fogarty, J. Carroll
EMG: J. Binns, M. Pittonet, A. Moir

TIGERS
B: D. Grimes, T. Young, J. Gibcus
HB: J. Short, N. Broad, N. Vlastuin
C: K. McIntosh, T. Taranto, J. Ross
HF: M. Rioli, L. Baker, S. Bolton
F: N. Balta, D. Martin, T. Lynch
FOLL: T. Nankervis - C, J. Hopper, D. Prestia

I/C: D. Rioli, T. Dow, M. Pickett, R. Mansell, S. Campbell
EMG: T. Brown, S. Naismith, S. Banks

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stating the obvious, but this is a big game for both sides.

Carlton will be full of confidence coming off a remarkable victory in Brisbane. Review and scrutinize the reason for the slow start, but gain massive belief that they're never truly out of it.

But there will be a major shift here for Carlton, going from one game in which not many gave them a chance, to the next in which they are overwhelming favorite.

I am not expecting many changes for the Blues. Perhaps just the one forced change with Docherty out, which is a devastating blow to someone who has had to endure so much in recent years.

As for his impact, I feel his absence may be felt more so from a morale perspective than an on-field perspective. As good as he is on the field I feel we'll be able to cover him reasonably comfortably, but the leadership he brings is invaluable. The supporters are devastated for Doc; will the players be able to put his injury behind them so quickly?

Richmond, not dissimilar to the Blues, were smacked early. Didn't get back in the game but managed to make the scoreboard somewhat respectable in the end.

Dusty, Nankervis and Lynch are significant inclusions if all do come in, but I would be wary of adding all three of them at the same time.

Heart of course says Carlton here, and so too does my head. 2-0 heading into a 15 day break with the imminent return of a number of hugely important players would be a great position to be in.

But I don't think this will be as easy for Carlton as some may be thinking. Richmond are a strong chance to finish in the bottom 4 this season, but they've got enough experience out there to ensure they remain competitive more often than not.

It's the season of low expectations, every media pundit has us bottom 6, most (every?) media pundit has Carlton top 6.

Based on their round 1 games, Carlton have to be deserving strong favourites here.

I'm not too fussed about the wins and losses alone this season as we need to build our next contending list, I just want to see them play with the same dare and effort they did in the second half vs GC, and continually see the next iteration of the side continue to develop.

Think the Blues will get up by about 33, the market things it's a pretty straightforward tip too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opening round cobwebs and uncharacteristic results are common features. Richmond will be a lot better back on the G and in more favourable conditions, together with some important inclusions. Lynch back, even slightly underdone, will be a worry as he normally dines out on Carlton. This’ll be a close one.
I don't think we will play Lynch given the seriousness of the injury... I think the club will be conservative.

I'm not too fussed about the wins and losses alone this season as we need to build our next contending list, I just want to see them play with the same dare and effort they did in the second half vs GC, and continually see the next iteration of the side continue to develop.

Yeah this is the correct attitude IMO.

Richmond aren't doing anything of great significance this season. Very decent chance to finish bottom 4, though you've still got enough quality and experience to avoid consistent blowouts.

Use the year to implement and fine tune the Yze game style, whilst exposing the kids to senior game time where possible, and filtering through to figure out who is/is not a long term option.

There will be wins, but that can't be the metric. They are a bonus.

Not so sure. While I'd love to spank the Tigers, I think it won't be the cake walk many expect

Yes, guys like Dusty, Nank, Lynch would be considered past their best, but they still add experience and quality

I hope we stay switched on and stride out for the whole game, given we have a 15 day break until North

For anyone interested here is a link to our live show from Monday night.

Full disclosure it is a Richmond based show so if our views or knowledge on the opposition isn't extremely high, that is why. Although we do keep it balance when discussing the game.

The Preview of the Carlton vs Richmond game starts at the 36 minute mark.

Topics covered:

-Welcome to everyone
-Review of Gold Coast game
-Balta forward / ruck
-MRJ pressure
-Grimes 50m
-Broad rushed behind
-Yze calmness and having a plan b
-Preview of Blues game
-Plus more!

Back