Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Port v Demons Sat March 30th 7:30pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port-Adelaide-vs-Melbourne.png

3rd v 4th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 3
PORT ADELAIDE V MELBOURNE
SATURDAY MARCH 30TH 7:30PM AEDT (ADELAIDE OVAL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
POWER

B: R.Burton, E.Ratugolea, B.Zerk-Thatcher
HB: L.Jones, A.Aliir, D.Houston
C: M.Bergman, W.Drew, T.Boak
HF: D.Byrne-Jones, T.Marshall, C.Rozee - C
F: J.Finlayson, C.Dixon, W.Rioli
FOLL: I.Soldo, O.Wines, Z.Butters

I/C: K.Farrell, J.Mead, J.Burgoyne, F.Evans, J.McEntee
EMG: D.Williams, D.Visentini, T.McKenzie

IN: J.McEntee
OUT: D.Williams (Omitted)

DEMONS
B: J.McVee, J.Lever, B.Howes
HB: T.Rivers, T.McDonald, C.Salem
C: E.Langdon, C.Petracca, C.Windsor
HF: T.Sparrow, B.Fritsch, K.Pickett
F: A.Neal-Bullen, J.van Rooyen, K.Chandler
FOLL: M.Gawn - C, J.Viney, C.Oliver

I/C: J.Billings, M.Hore, H.Petty, T.Woewodin, B.Brown
EMG: B.Laurie, A.Tomlinson, T.Fullarton

IN: T.Woewodin
OUT: S.May (Injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Irks me when people mention May/Lever as outs but forget Bowser. Love that little guy, very solid young defender.

Anyway port are shithouse. Hard to see them winning after all the big emotions celebrating king kenny’s milestone match last week. We’ll thrash them.

Why is it you post the local time in the title for the Freo/WCE home games but not for Adel/Port or Bris/GC? Just something I've noticed is always the case.

Irks me when people mention May/Lever as outs but forget Bowser. Love that little guy, very solid young defender.
I considered Bowey when I mentioned May and Lever but I left him out just to annoy you Toump

Im Not Even Sorry Friends Tv GIF

The Dees midfield is absolutely humming and the forward connection has been much improved. I think we will be hard to beat given the forecast dry conditions.

The Dees midfield is absolutely humming and the forward connection has been much improved. I think we will be hard to beat given the forecast dry conditions.

Beating the Dogs and Hawks is hardly impressive.
This is Melbourne's second test against a true contender.

Port brought in Ratugolea, Zerk-Thatcher & Soldo for this type of match. They'll get the job done at home by 2 goals.

Last time we played Melbourne we had 5-6 first choice players out and still got over the line and that was with May and lever playing.

Even with no JHF or SPP this time I think we’ll get it done by 8-20 points.

Last time we played Melbourne we had 5-6 first choice players out and still got over the line and that was with May and lever playing.

Even with no JHF or SPP this time I think we’ll get it done by 8-20 points.
You played against a Melbourne side that put its season worst performance in and yet we led by 20 points before three-quarter time before multiple dubious free kicks get paid to Zak Butters.

We absolutely deserved to lose, but don't compare that game with this one, we are a better side this year than the last two seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You played against a Melbourne side that put its season worst performance in and yet we led by 20 points before three-quarter time before multiple dubious free kicks get paid to Zak Butters.

We absolutely deserved to lose, but don't compare that game with this one, we are a better side this year than the last two seasons.
Lol dubious frees ok

We also missed an abundance of shots and the game should’ve been well and truly over early in the 3rd.

You also played against a Port side who were significantly weakened and still got over the line so..

Guess we’ll see Saturday night

Beating the Dogs and Hawks is hardly impressive.
This is Melbourne's second test against a true contender.

Port brought in Ratugolea, Zerk-Thatcher & Soldo for this type of match. They'll get the job done at home by 2 goals.
I guess beating the Eagles and Tigers is super impressive though

We are?

You’ve passed the eye test the last two weeks but I’m conscious that was against your bunnies the Bulldogs and then a bottom 4 bound Hawthorn side. Could make a similar argument about Port with wins over West Coast and Richmond too. This week should answer a few questions about both sides I reckon.

Our stubborn coach has seemingly finally conceded that we need to change the way we play. It will take time for it to fully click but it is clearly a different style.

I think we will eventually be a better side but it may take us a few losses to fix certain things. Can only hope for a Geelong 2022 type season.

I feel that we have done the same thing. Playing a more attacking game style this year but seeming to get scored against easily on the rebound. If west coast and Richmond could score that easily against our press I am dreading to see Melbourne move the ball through us.

Back