Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Bombers v Saints Sat March 30th 4:20pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon-vs-St-Kilda.png

11th v 9th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 3
ESSENDON V ST KILDA
SATURDAY MARCH 30TH 4:20PM AEDT (MARVEL STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
BOMBERS

B: D.Heppell, B.McKay, N.Hind
HB: N.Martin, M.Redman, A.McGrath
C: X.Duursma, D.Parish, J.Kelly
HF: A.Perkins, K.Langford, J.Caldwell
F: J.Gresham, J.Stringer, B.Hobbs
FOLL: T.Goldstein, W.Setterfield, Z.Merrett - C

I/C: S.Draper, N.Cox, J.Laverde, S.Durham, J.Menzie
EMG: E.Tsatas, H.Jones, A.Davey Jnr

IN: M.Redman, D.Parish, J.Kelly
OUT: E.Tsatas (Omitted), P.Wright (Suspension), A.Davey Jnr (Omitted)

SAINTS
B: J.Battle, Z.Cordy, C.Wilkie
HB: R.Bonner, J.Sinclair, N.Wanganeen-Milera
C: R.Byrnes, S.Ross, B.Hill
HF: J.Higgins, D.Butler, M.Owens
F: D.Wilson, A.Caminiti, T.Membrey
FOLL: R.Marshall, J.Steele - C, M.Windhager

I/C: Z.Jones, L.Stocker, A.Hastie, M.Phillipou, C.Sharman
EMG: A.Schoenmaker, H.Garcia, T.Campbell

IN: D.Butler, A.Caminiti, A.Hastie
OUT: M.Wood (Injured), L.Henry (Injured), M.King (Suspension)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Looks close to a 50/50 game to me. The Saints have been doing pretty well despite a hefty injury list, but I think there’s a risk that catches up with them in this one, and the Dons weren’t too bad in Sydney last week.

Essendon by a goal or two

Looks close to a 50/50 game to me. The Saints have been doing pretty well despite a hefty injury list, but I think there’s a risk that catches up with them in this one, and the Dons weren’t too bad in Sydney last week.

Essendon by a goal or two
Yeah we’re looking like we’ll be missing 8 of our best 23 or so, and will most likely have to bring in another 18/19yo debutant (Schoenmaker or Garcia, neither of whom really fill a positional need), plus an underdone Butler, so it’s a hell of a good time to be getting us.

While Essendon said they’ll be getting Parish, Redman and Kelly back, so they’re looking like fielding a stronger team than last week, while we’ll have a weaker one, and one of the youngest teams for the round.

Likely 7 who have played less than 40 games and 10 who have played less than 55.

Yeah we’re looking like we’ll be missing 8 of our best 23 or so, and will most likely have to bring in another 18/19yo debutant (Schoenmaker or Garcia, neither of whom really fill a positional need), plus an underdone Butler, so it’s a hell of a good time to be getting us.

While Essendon said they’ll be getting Parish, Redman and Kelly back, so they’re looking like fielding a stronger team than last week, while we’ll have a weaker one, and one of the youngest teams for the round.

Likely 7 who have played less than 40 games and 10 who have played less than 55.
Wanganeen-Milera, Windhager and Owens are all around the 40 game mark, but all play like they are much more experienced than that.

The potential issues are the loss of very creative Henry (who has been electric) and likely the structurally important King.

We can bring in Caminiti and a possibly underdone Butler, but we're a fair way off our best 22 at the moment.

Wanganeen-Milera, Windhager and Owens are all around the 40 game mark, but all play like they are much more experienced than that.

The potential issues are the loss of very creative Henry (who has been electric) and likely the structurally important King.

We can bring in Caminiti and a possibly underdone Butler, but we're a fair way off our best 22 at the moment.
It’s a pity because I like what you’ve been building. Looking at your injury list it looks like you’ll have some decent reinforcements coming back in the next 3-4 weeks (not everyone back, but quite a few) so if you could find a way to go 2-2 over the next month then you’d be pretty well set up I would think.

It’s a pity because I like what you’ve been building. Looking at your injury list it looks like you’ll have some decent reinforcements coming back in the next 3-4 weeks (not everyone back, but quite a few) so if you could find a way to go 2-2 over the next month then you’d be pretty well set up I would think.
I think Max is the only one that’s due back in the seniors in next 2-3 weeks, so if we can win this next two (Ess and Richmond) while so short of full strength, it will augur well for us.

Unfortunately the ones who haven’t played this year will need some match fitness. Especially with our game plan. So you can add another week or two to all those other guys. And now Crouch is out for 6-8!

We wouldn’t know ourselves if we were anywhere near full strength. This is 4 years in a row where we’ve had at least 8 of our best 23 or so missing at at least one stage of the year.

I think Max is the only one that’s due back in the seniors in next 2-3 weeks, so if we can win this next two (Ess and Richmond) while so short of full strength, it will augur well for us.

Unfortunately the ones who haven’t played this year will need some match fitness. Especially with our game plan. So you can add another week or two to all those other guys. And now Crouch is out for 6-8!

We wouldn’t know ourselves if we were anywhere near full strength. This is 4 years in a row where we’ve had at least 8 of our best 23 or so missing at at least one stage of the year.
Impressive how you’ve started the year then! Hopefully it can continue

It's looking very similar to this time last year with all the players we are missing now.

For our Rd 3 clash against Essendon last year King, Membrey, Steele, Jones, Webster, Hayes, Billings, Coffield and McKenzie were all injured.

This year we have Henry, Crouch, Wood, Clark, Howard, Dow, Paton and Hayes all out injured with Webster and King suspended.

We still managed to beat Essendon last year, hopefully we can do it again this year but it makes it tough when we are well below full strength

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesnt matter if The saints have 8 of their best 23 out injured, Saints have Ross Lyon as coach.

Dockers in the 2013 season, in which they made a grand final had Pavlich missed 8 games through injury, Sandilands missed 14 games with a turf toe and McPharlin missing 4-6 weeks with a hamstring injury.

Yep. The Saints and Tigers are two teams with shocking injury lists. Will be plenty of interest if the Shoe gets his debut. The reports have been that he is in ripping form.

Both teams will miss their best tall forwards.

Saints are still managing to play some terrific footy. There was plenty of merit even in the loss to the Cats.

Dons need to improve their defensive transition. Merrett cannot do it all (wonderful player though). Of their vaunted trades, I thought Gresham was impressive. Whether Cunningham would have curbed his influence is just conjecture. Goldy was the solid old pro but the Hillbilly was a bit rusty in the rucks.

Saints by 18.

Yep. The Saints and Tigers are two teams with shocking injury lists. Will be plenty of interest if the Shoe gets his debut. The reports have been that he is in ripping form.
Dees also have about 8 best 23 types out I think.

Yeah Shoenmaker would be a huge chance. Already seems too good for the VFL. Had about 8 intercept marks in the VFL practice match he played and then in their first proper match on the weekend he had 29 kicks and took 13 marks.

Clubs must have had some serious concerns about his off-field stuff to let him slide that much. 194cm interceptor who racks them up and has a cannon of a left foot.

Saints are still managing to play some terrific footy. There was plenty of merit even in the loss to the Cats.

Yeah I wasn’t too disappointed when we lost that game, as it felt like two good teams going hammer-and-tongs and that whoever lost would still win plenty of games.

Of their vaunted trades, I thought Gresham was impressive.
If he stays injury-free it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he kicked 40 goals this year. 3 years of pretty serious injuries really took the wind out of his sails just when he looked primed to explode for us.

On paper we should probably win this but idk, got that bad feeling and its generally right. Although that may just be the anxiety that comes with being a Saints supporter.
While i think Essendon get on top in the midfield idk if they have the offensive firepower, especially without Wright. Same can be said about King missing but I think its fair to say there's a decent gap in these two teams ability to defend.

Back