Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - North v Freo Sat March 23rd 1:45pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Amiss done enough for sleep? I heard insomnia helps him. ;)

JK, Great win Freo.
His one goal three behinds is more then some of the Demons key forwards can manage.
I noticed him in general play up at the wing and i am sure he centred one in the last quarter which i think ended in a goal assist.
Don't worry i would rather have him at west coast in front of Van rooyen.

GGs. North has some talent for sure, but it can be hard for the young players to run out games consistently.
I'm not sure the running is the problem, so much as the physical side. The amount of tackles that were a limp arm easily burst through in the last but would have stuck in the first seemed quite high. That affects the running as well though, its hard to run when the body isn't used to taking those knocks. Really, it impacts everything, decision making gets tired as well.
But the problems are far more than just being a young, undeveloped, side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you saw the good and bad of the Kangaroos. More bad then good.
They will have a strong midfield when they mature but they will come across a lot of very mature better midfields this season.
Some will try to excuse the fade out to being a young side but they have a lot to fix up.
North's backline is terrible and they will come across sides with two or three key forwards who will expose them.
The forward line is not as potent as it will need to be. Even with two KPD out thru injury North couldn't exploit.
North are a work in progress.
As for Freo they were impressive. A lot of criticism about Longmuir being boring but when a team plays with that much passion maybe it is unjustified and i am looking at the segment of dockers supporters who think he is boring.

Its an omen when Matt Taberner look unstoppable.

Will be out for 3-4 with a soft tissue injury if history is any guide.
As long as he’s available for his usual 7 goals against Essendon

A disappointing outcome for the Kangas after dominating the first half. Freo applied the heat big time in the 2nd half and sadly we folded under their pressure. Will start with the NM votes.

3. Tom Powell
2. Bailey Scott
3. George Wardlaw

So what are the positives here for the game?

• First half of the backline and distribution into the forward line was super slick.
  • X is super important in the middle and feeding his mids.
  • Zurhaar in the guts made a big difference. That call should have been made earlier
  • Pink did a little better this week, and hopefully he keep growing 2nd game in
  • Paul Curtis plays well above his height/weight and as his motor grows, so does his impact on the game
  • Wardlaw is tracking nicely 10 games in
  • Could have gotten even uglier than the final margin, so some fight observed in the end.

Negatives

• CCJ did not back up X, and Luke Jackson cut loose and hit Freo back in the game.
  • Terrible set shot kicking from Dursma/Larkey/Sympkin, especially when out foot was on Free’s throat in the 2nd QTR. We should have been 45 point up. Give a good team a sniff.
  • I can see why Sydney let Dylan Stephen’s go. 8 disposals in nearly 100 mins game time. Another one who had a ripping pre-season which counts for nothing in a real match.
  • Missing tackles or just not holding on long enough.
  • Corr was horrible again, and each night I say a prayer to get Griffin Logue back.
  • LMac first game back was either rusty, or he has not improved from 2023. Can’t see him holding his position as Captain even. He is lucky Goater is out.
  • Sheezel and McKercher need to play a little bit of defense from time to time.
  • Coaching - what was plan B, C and D when Free started on their roll??
  • Crowd for a home game.

Till next week

Back