Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - North v Carlton Good Friday Appeal Game March 29th 4:20pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Our fans are actually pretty bad tbh especially compared to North - I like going to North games :)

I don't think any group of fans are any worse than others. Was a nice big crowd

Based on that performance the begging isn’t going to stop at the end of the year. That’d be 5 consecutive years of going to the AFL cap in hand asking to be bailed out.

What happened to the shinboner spirit? How sad has this club become.

As a neutral supporter that is only watching this game as there is nothing else to do on Good Friday, my only take away thought is….

The 3 umpires that gave officiated this game should never by allowed anywhere near an AFL field of play again.
They umpired beautifully.

Got to keep the Carlton fans happy and the crowds coming in.

They were going to win anyway, umpires just making sure an upset doesn’t happen.

The AFL is like the WWE. Scripted garbage to keep the big clubs happy and revenue up.

Based on that performance the begging isn’t going to stop at the end of the year. That’d be 5 consecutive years of going to the AFL cap in hand asking to be bailed out.

Agreed, more PPs! Exciting times!

We ask for assistance at the end of the year unlike Carlton who demand it in game.

North gave away 34 free kicks and 6 x 50's.

Undisciplined. I hope Clarkson can coach that kind of thuggery out of them, but Clarkson being Clarkson, I doubt it.
Haha that's a valiant effort but I think you have to be a bit less obvious that that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think any group of fans are any worse than others. Was a nice big crowd
You’re probably right, I just get embarrassed by the cringy ones at my club

Credit to your boys today, lots to like. Wardlaw is an A grader, McKercher and Duursma not far behind either.

fans bitching about the umpiring gotta realise the north kids are so outmatched all they can do is infringe. shouldve paid more tbh
Dont stress, the fox footy crew are bitching as well “Carlton kicked 8 goals from frees” yet no mention of the fact that North had 5+ goals from frees….

There was a lot of soft free kicks that went both ways, that was one thing the umpires were actually consistent with today

Carlton received a lot of soft free kicks and it affected the game, especially early on.
Yeah was definitely a 10 goal difference

Carlton received a lot of soft free kicks and it affected the game, especially early on.
Would I be annoyed by the umpiring if it were against Carlton?

Simple answer, yeah

All the trees were there but generally speaking you don’t see every free kick that’s there paid. A lot is ignored in the average game. North were stiffed a bit.

Yet they didn’t mention the 5+ goals North got from frees so it’s pointless bitching
Haha Blues fans trying their hardest. Bless yas

Must be boring watching a stat sheet all afternoon.

I’ll say it again, you play VFL hacks against two of the best forwards in the game, you’re going to get caught out.

North kicked out a very good full back and are paying the price for it.

Curnow exaggerates contact a lot, the rest is fair North let McKay walk for a compo pick.

Expected loss.

Unsurprisingly the floggish comments flowed thick and fast.

It makes me wonder what sort of dickhead thinks that abusing people in a public forum is a wise use of their time? My ignore button got a good workout today.

Dont stress, the fox footy crew are bitching as well “Carlton kicked 8 goals from frees” yet no mention of the fact that North had 5+ goals from frees….

There was a lot of soft free kicks that went both ways, that was one thing the umpires were actually consistent with today
Consistent? LOL

I didn’t see one Carlton player penalised for dropping the ball today.

As for Curnow. The only bloke who can pluck a free when he is doing the grabbing.

Back