Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Pies v Swans Friday March 15th 7:40pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Swans by a goal or less

• Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Pies by a lot

• Swans by a lot

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I am talking in recent memory.
Seriously I have four sons and four grandchildren (just to show their age) and they haven't been alive to see a Carlton flag.

Since the turn of the century (25years) you have won zero flags but won 5 wooden spoons.

That wasn't exactly what I was talking about, when I said win something.
No one cares mate.
Pull your pants up and move on.

No one cares mate.
Pull your pants up and move on.
Ok, with your team's history, I can understand your pain and am actually impressed you have hung on this long and still not only watch but acknowledge football.

That being said, as we have not yet brought in a relegation system, you are still a live chance (no matter how remote it is) to see your team salute.

Please keep the faith my friend because soon you may win a final, then who knows what can happen after that.

Stay Strong :)

Ok, with your team's history, I can understand your pain and am actually impressed you have hung on this long and still not only watch but acknowledge football.

That being said, as we have not yet brought in a relegation system, you are still a live chance (no matter how remote it is) to see your team salute.

Please keep the faith my friend because soon you may win a final, then who knows what can happen after that.

Stay Strong :)
Don't we play you next week?
I'll be watching :)

Daicos with 37 and completely ineffectual.

Wonder when the media will pick up on this.
We had about eighteen blokes that were rubbish tonight, you don’t need to make s**t up out of sheer jealousy.

Daicos was far and away our best tonight and did impact all evening. Literally zero help.

Anyway on the game itself, Swans far too good, scoreboard flattered the Pies. Sydney probably left five genuine sodas on the board too which makes the result even more damning. Going to be a luxury having Mills back, I’d be tempted to play him half back when he returns.

Don't we play you next week?
I'll be watching :)
Literally just checked the fixture to see if you were correct and it seems you are right.
Well an easy kill should at least take the heat of us for a while.

And seriously, even if we lose, what is the worst that can happen?????

I am still celebrating the flag, you can honestly have the four points if it means that much to you :thumbsupv1:

Roco firing an early shot at the after game presser "So was that a rude awakening?".

Macrae still in denial and shrugging it off, surely he must be more concerned than he looks.

The Pies were a rabble tonight, even worse than last week, the alarm bells should be ringing.

Especially with the umpires yet again being effected by the home crowd. They assisted chipping in for the usual 3 to 4 goals. Some very soft frees awarded to the roaring Pies crowd two resulting in goals. Would have been more if the Pies kicked straight.

And some of the non calls for the Swans.......just wow.

As for the 78,000 well it was the first home game the Pies unvielled the premiership flag. Shame that for the last quarter the crowd only looked like 20,000. Lol. Didnt hang around to clap off their premiership hero's? Fair weather fans......much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney for the brownlow!

Honestly, he likely has 6 Brownlow votes right now. If Longmire keeps him in the midfield then he is going to have a real crack at a Brownlow medal.

The problem is the word "if" in that last sentence as there is a good chance Longmire will put him forward the moment Parker, Adams and Mills are back in the side.

Honestly, he likely has 6 Brownlow votes right now. If Longmire keeps him in the midfield then he is going to have a real crack at a Brownlow medal.

The problem is the word "if" in that last sentence as there is a good chance Longmire will put him forward the moment Parker, Adams and Mills are back in the side.
Be hard to move him and he catches the eye goes forwards big grand breaks the lines, I’m excited this is the Heeney so many people have imagined.

Literally just checked the fixture to see if you were correct and it seems you are right.
Well an easy kill should at least take the heat of us for a while.

And seriously, even if we lose, what is the worst that can happen?????

I am still celebrating the flag, you can honestly have the four points if it means that much to you :thumbsupv1:
Looks like your players are too.

7 players over 30 that played. The pies are far from being an up and coming side. There won’t be any dynasty’s here just a one hit wonder. They are looking very slow and sides are ready for them trying to sling shot the ball forward. Daicos really needs to stop diving it’s embarrassing to watch. In summary the Pies are fake news.

That Pies Premiership team could be one of the worst to ever win a flag

So many soft players carried by a very few exceptional ones

Saints and then Brions could see them 0-4
McReery (23), Dean (22) and N.Daicos (21) were their only 23 and unders starting last night as well. A superstar, a decent role player forward flanker and a spud defender.

Even the old Cats will have De Koning (23), Bruhn (22), Holmes (21), O.Henry (21), Dempsey (20) and Clark (19) out there.

Swans a revelation. Beneath the notable skill improvement of ball movement under pressure, and the multipronged dynamic forward half, there is also now extra determination and steel. Great to watch, a fair dinkum shot this year.

Pies look like they did in 1991, walking away from the buffet table, content, tipsy. Their coach looks nonplussed. Tough next 2 games. Their season hanging in the balance.

We had about eighteen blokes that were rubbish tonight, you don’t need to make s**t up out of sheer jealousy.

Daicos was far and away our best tonight and did impact all evening. Literally zero help.

Hi Tarks, Naicos was fine. Had a flop or two but won more than his share of hard ball and was one of the better players on the ground.

Was a decent enough game esp from my mob. Plenty of rust on both teams. My mob was appalling in front of goal. One fundamental weakness we have not addressed is our inability to convert hard won chances.

I have no doubt the Pies will bounce back and make top 4. I expect those laughing at the Pies are making a grave error.

Back