Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - Crows v Cats Fri March 22nd 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or lss

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Van rooyen is a B grade version of Membrey.
Bowey should have become a jockey. AFL should also hide player heights because Melbourne have far too many shrimps on their list.

Pickett is the only one out of all those names who looks the most promising.

You have no future rucks on the horizon. Gawn is literally on his final legs.
No key forwards of any hope.
Great midfield but that's all.
Gawn is literally the best ruck in the league right now.

Pickett has kicked 40, 41 and 37 goals the last 3 years. That's not 'showing promise', that's delivering. Far more than any Geelong youngster.
Rivers is a gun. Van Rooyen is 20 years old. Who is your next key forward coming through? Shannon Neale? Foster? Please.

The irony of claiming we have no young key forwards when you literally have no young ones coming through... and your midfield is relying on guys like Tanner Bruhn, Parfitt and Mitch Knevitt for the next 5 years?

You're relying heavily on your 30 year old + to win games. That's just a fact.

Well he’s hard at the ball and fearless and half his possessions so far have been contested so that’s a fair place to start as far as I’m concerned.
Yes, true. but you just described Tom Sparrow. Windsor has showed more in 2 games than Clark has shown in 1 year and 2 games. that's just a fact.

Sorry but Windsor has played 2 games hasn't he?

I'm pretty confident in saying Jhye Clark will turn out to be one of Geelong best players in the coming years. He's as tough as they come.
Had a bad run with injury since draft day but he's got all the factors you look for in a quality midfielder.

I'm far more worried about finding the next Tom Hawkins. We have key defenders set for the next decade but now need a quality forward.
Yeah, the same number of games as Clark has. Clark tonight, showed no awareness. He got caught multiple times, he run into trouble and consistently struggled to find the ball. I haven't seen any traits in him that show me to be an A grader. Last week, 7 of his 13 possessions were clangers. 7!

Yeah, finding key position players is hard and that's why we've had to play a 20 year old Van Rooyen as our main ruck for far too many games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he's got that to look forward to in 2025-26.
yeah, imagine not rating Jhye Clark, Tanner Bruhn and Parfitt as a midfield of the future. What's wrong with me. As a dees fan, I know plenty about rebuilds and the only way we really. rebuilt was when we nailed our picks and brought in quality (Oliver and Petracca). I don't see any high end talent in the midfield coming through. Holmes perhaps but I want to see a top 3 finish in your bnf this year.

yeah, imagine not rating Jhye Clark, Tanner Bruhn and Parfitt as a midfield of the future.
Imagine thinking that's what we're talking about. It was clearly in reference to you not getting the point re: Max Gawn and Steven May,

What's wrong with me.

How long have you got?

Imagine thinking that's what we're talking about. It was clearly in reference to you not getting the point re: Max Gawn and Steven May,

How long have you got?
Obviously every team relies on their older players, but Geelong has more of them. Everyone knows Geelong is a retirement village. Don't disagree just because you like doing it.

And Melbourne is in for a world of pain if/when we lose Petty as he is our life after May but Melbourne's list couldn't be anymore irrelevant to Geelong's list. Focussing on Melbourne is a major deflection. At least I'm not saying Jefferson is our future key Forward, Will Ferrell is our life after Gawn, Kynan Brown will step into the midfield. Basically listing a bunch of guys that haven't shown anything at afl level.

Obviously every team relies on their older players, but Geelong has more of them. Everyone knows Geelong is a retirement village. Don't disagree just because you like doing it.
Oh. So when you said "You're relying heavily on your 30 year old + to win games", that wasn't at all meant as a sort of criticism?

Sure.

Just like when you included Harry Petty in your list of Melbourne 'youth' you were doing it to be ironic, rather than hoping nobody would call you out on your bullshit.

And Melbourne is in for a world of pain if/when we lose Petty as he is our life after May but Melbourne's list couldn't be anymore irrelevant to Geelong's list. Focussing on Melbourne is a major deflection.

I'm a Catlton supporter. What exactly do you think I'm 'deflecting' from? 🤣

Your posts have more holes in them than Melbourne's forward line.

Tom Stewart you are a king.

Ollie Henry wasnt his usual clean self tonight but I loved his attitude and competing he halved a lot of aerial contests.

Another good game from dempsey as well.

That Mchenry was a real positive for them and was last week they need to show some more trust in his ability.

Great game by Stengle every thing he touched turned to gold today and of course Miers he was a jet tonight.

Bilcavs was a monster anywhere we put him he gives 100.

Oh. So when you said "You're relying heavily on your 30 year old + to win games", that wasn't at all meant as a sort of criticism?

Sure.

Just like when you included Harry Petty in your list of Melbourne 'youth' you were doing it to be ironic, rather than hoping nobody would call you out on your bullshit.

I'm a Catlton supporter. What exactly do you think I'm 'deflecting' from? 🤣

Your posts have more holes in them than Melbourne's forward line.
Yes, it's not a criticism that teams are relying on their 30 year olds but it's the quantity of 30+ year olds that I'm critical of.

What are you banging on about petty for? Some guy listed a bunch of 25 year olds as being young so I rightfully, and in response, named a 24 year old. Who I do not believe should be included as young. I literally said 19-22. What part of 19-22 don't you understand.

Yes, it's not a criticism that teams are relying on their 30 year olds but it's the quantity of 30+ year olds that I'm critical of.

What are you banging on about petty for? Some guy listed a bunch of 25 year olds as being young so I rightfully, and in response, named a 24 year old. Who I do not believe should be included as young. I literally said 19-22. What part of 19-22 don't you understand.
If you're 25 years old at the Cats you tend to have plenty of good years left. If our players in their 30s aren't cooked, the mid 20s are chipping in and there's a few youngsters with potential is it a big problem? People are so obsessed with when Geelong's cliff is coming and have been for about 15 years. Maybe that's a hobby for opposition supporters but good wins on the road with a wide bunch of contributors - that's just something to enjoy as it happens.

It'd be different if everyone not called Stewart, Hawkins or Dangerfield was terrible.

Is their age a liability or not? We keep getting told that our issue is that every bastard is going to retire tomorrow and we will have no one left that can play. Suddenly we have a whole group of players making major contributions that are 25 or under and the players that are 25 are some sort of liability because you don’t consider them young
Only thing I can add is,,, I wish our older players would play like yours do😔

Back