Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Lions v Blues Friday March 8th 7:40pm AEDT (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What makes you think GWS has fortitude and mental resilience? They've fallen apart in nearly every big game. They blew the game against the Pies last year...
The GWS under Cameron were mentally weak, but I rate the fortitude of the new Kingsley-led side from what I’ve seen so far.

Even making the PF from outside the top 4 and losing by 1 point at the MCG to the eventual Premier shows resilience IMO. Reminds me of when Collingwood did the same thing the year before in McRae’s first year, losing the PF by only 1 point to Sydney away.

Tbh, the only reason why I’m putting GWS above Brisbane in resilience is because in my mind, this side doesn’t carry the failures of the previous coach. Brisbane would obviously be more resilient if those failures were counted, but I think they start with a clean slate under Kingsley. In contrast, I consider Brisbane’s 2019-2023 seasons as one era because they were all led by Fagan. Resilient, but below the current Collingwood and GWS sides.

Having said that, I do think Brisbane have steadily improved in mental resilience over the years. Beating Melbourne at the MCG in the 2022 SF after beating a then problem team in Richmond the week before was kind of a change in guard for them. Ever since, they’ve dominated at home and made the Grand Final. We’ll see if it keeps improving, but I think yesterday was a step back.

Have Carlton literally done a North Melbourne?

North made two prelims in a row under Brad Scott from outside top 4.
That made them think they were much better than they really were, so they re-signed the coach and started topping up with older players, thinking it would get them over the finish line. Ended up condemning them to a pretty miserable time (which is still going).
Ummmmm nope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Cripps the most overrated player in the league?

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fb7c14dd1-ef7e-4003-8f82-3a68c2720fab

Just shows how important nailing easy set shots at goal is. Give a young team a sniff and they'll run right over ya.

Based on last night, McKay could be our best player next week. Even in general play he was kicking worm burners. Then one out on the full from 35m out. You hate to see it.

I sincerely hope that McKay overcomes the mental demons of having to play for Carlton.
How do you feel today after a night of tears and time to reflect on your summation ?

Just go to the carlton board gameday fred posts before half time, you'll feel better about any comments made here and the saturday morning heroes with their likes 'n lols.
Season 4 Hug GIF by Good Girls

Just go to the carlton board gameday fred posts before half time, you'll feel better about any comments made here and the saturday morning heroes with their likes 'n lols.
Find a supporter group that is happy when down 46 points lmao, of course there’d be some upset comments.

They have every right to gloat after a win like that to kickstart a season, I’d be over the moon considering all the circumstances that played out.

Back