Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - Crows v Cats Fri March 22nd 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or lss

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide were robbed
How so? Double the frees for Adelaide (all time low free count for Geelong). Home ground advantage. Adelaide robbed themselves letting Tom Stewart do as he pleased

Dude, your best players tonight were Stewart, Cameron, Blicav, Dangerfield and Hawkins. Miers in there. You're not fooling anyone. Jhy Clark was horrendous. Had no awareness, was fumbly and couldn't find any of the ball despite playing a juicy role. Dempsey looks good when around the ball but that's about it, outside of De Koning.

Yeah but they weren’t were they. Max Holmes was excellent once more, Brad Close was very good again: our two main ball winners aside from stewart were Miers and Holmes - Parfitt had 20 and 10 tackles and was only brought into the side this afternoon.

Literally 1 goal assist came from a player over 26 years of age.

Dempsey followed his rising star week with 16 touches and 2 goal assists.
Ollie Henry had 2 goals and a goal assist playing as our third forward option.

Nah you’ve really put a lot of thought into this. Well done.

Might be waiting a while, we've got the disappointing Hawks next week.

robert-de-niro-finger-wag.gif

Hawthorn will easily account for Geelong, xould beat them blindfolded in fact ;)

Dude, your best players tonight were Stewart, Cameron, Blicav, Dangerfield and Hawkins. Miers in there. You're not fooling anyone. Jhy Clark was horrendous. Had no awareness, was fumbly and couldn't find any of the ball despite playing a juicy role. Dempsey looks good when around the ball but that's about it, outside of De Koning.

Bro, Holmes has been our best player these past two weeks and Dempsey has all the qualities of becoming a star.
I think the upside we have in the list is pretty good. In fact, compare it to your list (Melbourne), who have only achieved one grand final with arguably the most dynamic midfield and ruck combo in the league, and yeh, why even bother paying attention to a fan such as yourself.

Clark's played 3 games you fool! Of course he will be fumbly :$

Holmes... Close...Stengle...Miers...Parfitt...Dempsey...Mannagh...Dempsey...Zuthrie...O. Henry...J. Henry...

All above played well tonight. All above are 26 or under. Bruhn to come back in next week who has started very well. Jhye is in his third game, might want to give him a break, lol.

Seriously mate, just pick and choose when you make your comments. This one is so far off base.

Yeah but they weren’t were they. Max Holmes was excellent once more, Brad Close was very good again: our two main ball winners aside from stewart were Miers and Holmes - Parfitt had 20 and 10 tackles and was only brought into the side this afternoon.

Literally 1 goal assist came from a player over 26 years of age.

Dempsey followed his rising star week with 16 touches and 2 goal assists.
Ollie Henry had 2 goals and a goal assist playing as our third forward option.

Nah you’ve really put a lot of thought into this. Well done.
The official match report has the best as the following 'Stewart (31), Miers (24), Dangerfield (33), Hawkins (35), Blicavs (32) and Holmes'(21). That's an average age of over 29.

Parfitt isnt young. He's 25. 7 years into his career and still a fringe player.

Even Miers at 24 I wouldn't say is young. He's peaked. Show me your 19-22 year olds.

Holmes... Close...Stengle...Miers...Parfitt...Dempsey...Mannagh...Dempsey...Zuthrie...O. Henry...J. Henry...

All above played well tonight. All above are 26 or under. Bruhn to come back in next week who has started very well. Jhye is in his third game, might want to give him a break, lol.

Seriously mate, just pick and choose when you make your comments. This one is so far off base.
All well and good but half of those players aren't young mate. You've listed a bunch of 25 year olds and then conveniently said 'all under 26'. Not fooling me. Mannagh is an advanced age recruit. Brad Close is 25! Guthrie 25. lol. They've had years to break out. Tell me your true young players 19-22. 23 at an absolute stretch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The official match report has the best as the following 'Stewart (31), Miers (24), Dangerfield (33), Hawkins (35), Blicavs (32) and Holmes'(21). That's an average age of over 29.

Even Miers at 24 I wouldn't say is young. He's peaked. Show me your 19-22 year olds.

Clark, Dempsey, Holmes, Henry, and Knevitt all played tonight. All 19-22.

Bruhn is but was out hurt. Conway, O'Sullivan.

Run from it all you want but Geelongs youth are there and coming.

All well and good but half of those players aren't young mate. You've listed a bunch of 25 year olds and then conveniently said 'all under 26'. Not fooling me. Mannagh is an advanced age recruit. Brad Close is 25! Guthrie 25. lol. They've had years to break out. Tell me your true young players 19-22. 23 at an absolute stretch.

Agreed.

Compared to a list like Melbourne's, their young talent is not even comparable because they don't have much.

You know the whole young and s**t > old and good stuff has peaked when the 24 year old Gryan Miers is being talked about as if he's close to the end. 26 touches, 3 goals and 2 assists for Messi tonight.

You know the whole young and s**t > old and good stuff has peaked when the 24 year old Gryan Miers is being talked about as if he's close to the end. 26 touches, 3 goals and 2 assists for Messi tonight.

I think it is ridiculous to call him old. Still in the prime of his career so far as a player. Probably not even reached the highest level yet.

The official match report hasn’t really taken a lot of time to look into things has it and gets produced as quickly as possible for immediate publication within 45 minutes of the conclusion of the match and I suggest you avail yourself of what actually happened - or just read the numbers I handfed you above.

Again:

Brandon Parfitt who wasn’t even in the side an hour before the first bounce had 20 touches and 10 tackles

Every goal we kicked, bar one, was assisted by a player 26 years old or younger

Ollie Henry had 2 goals and 1 goal assist

Our rising star from last week Ollie Dempsey, a mid sized forward, followed it with 16 touches and 2 goal assists

Our 2nd and 3rd most prolific ball winners were Miers and Holmes

Brad Close had 15 possessions, a goal and 3 goal assists.

So does the match report just make all of those facts null and void or do you want to go off what actually took place during the course of the match?

Back