Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Lions v Blues Friday March 8th 7:40pm AEDT (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe anyone would write off Brisbane. I still think they are the real deal and will go deep into September.
Yes they are a very good team. I rate them in the 7 to 14 range, which is apparently one lower than where Carlton are rated by the experts.

It’s not 1989 anymore
Well that was a year of unmistakable courage and brilliance and even bloody Gary Ablett senior won the Norm Smith, in a losing side, dipper kept going with a punctured lung, nearly croaked at the hospital Johnny Platten thought it was Friday parade day still, never seen a game like it before or since.

Yes it was very hard. Not one player on that deserved any time off as a penalty, NONE. They all both sides should have got bravery medals, it was gold.

How tough is a man in the first 30 seconds to get deliberately rammed and smashed into a vomiting mess then get up and kick goals.
And how deadly dangerous was the Geelong boys , another final minute added we may have lost it.
Cats were dynamite.
So yes I love the battle, its been whitewashed with woke over kill and political correctness,I don't enjoy what Barry Hall did to Staker. I was not impressed with the Plugger taking out after a long long run up, an opposition player, really badly!
But what I love is the hip and shoulder almost shirt front , from Yeates, and that a tough fella can get up from , and play on, I don't mean king hitting, I don't mean deliberate snipe-ing, which I've seen in lower grade footy, I mean collision and contact and defending without being frightened of a penalty and hesitating,( a big crime at elite level).
Yeate's hit was unforeseen, maybe and was a beauty, Derm was unprepared, but a hard man, took it and played on.

Yeat'es would be gone for ten weeks today for that.
I hated him at the time but that is (IT IS) football Australian style.

For me last Thursday and Friday matches were flowing and I did see a shirt front not a killer , BUT A GOOD HIT. No whistle, no complaining, no petty game stoppers less ball ups hard tackles allowed where I said in another post, would have been called last year, something definitely different in those two games.

Rich and Suns not sure saw only bits of them and Coll v GWS only some of the first half. But my son told me the umpiring deteriorated in the Gold Coast game. Thursday and Fridays games good start .
Hope we get the season of open, flowing, hard tackling, no more stupid James Sicily penalties for a perfect tackle. Like last season.
That was a prime example of AFL woke over kill and the demise of what our game is about.
There was no crime committed no penalty required!

We can only hope and prey the new boss has some football sense, but the corporates run this bent organisation that's diluted the competition, last year the worst season I've witnessed , well since 2018.

Now the AFL want one or two more teams, we'll be playing this game on a basketball court before long if we don't watch how much we let these business men screw up our sport.

We'll see?

Well that was a year of unmistakable courage and brilliance and even bloody Gary Ablett senior won the Norm Smith, in a losing side, dipper kept going with a punctured lung, nearly croaked at the hospital Johnny Platten thought it was Friday parade day still, never seen a game like it before or since.

Yes it was very hard. Not one player on that deserved any time off as a penalty, NONE. They all both sides should have got bravery medals, it was gold.

How tough is a man in the first 30 seconds to get deliberately rammed and smashed into a vomiting mess then get up and kick goals.
And how deadly dangerous was the Geelong boys , another final minute added we may have lost it.
Cats were dynamite.
So yes I love the battle, its been whitewashed with woke over kill and political correctness,I don't enjoy what Barry Hall did to Staker. I was not impressed with the Plugger taking out after a long long run up, an opposition player, really badly!
But what I love is the hip and shoulder almost shirt front , from Yeates, and that a tough fella can get up from , and play on, I don't mean king hitting, I don't mean deliberate snipe-ing, which I've seen in lower grade footy, I mean collision and contact and defending without being frightened of a penalty and hesitating,( a big crime at elite level).
Yeate's hit was unforeseen, maybe and was a beauty, Derm was unprepared, but a hard man, took it and played on.

Yeat'es would be gone for ten weeks today for that.
I hated him at the time but that is (IT IS) football Australian style.

For me last Thursday and Friday matches were flowing and I did see a shirt front not a killer , BUT A GOOD HIT. No whistle, no complaining, no petty game stoppers less ball ups hard tackles allowed where I said in another post, would have been called last year, something definitely different in those two games.

Rich and Suns not sure saw only bits of them and Coll v GWS only some of the first half. But my son told me the umpiring deteriorated in the Gold Coast game. Thursday and Fridays games good start .
Hope we get the season of open, flowing, hard tackling, no more stupid James Sicily penalties for a perfect tackle. Like last season.
That was a prime example of AFL woke over kill and the demise of what our game is about.
There was no crime committed no penalty required!

We can only hope and prey the new boss has some football sense, but the corporates run this bent organisation that's diluted the competition, last year the worst season I've witnessed , well since 2018.

Now the AFL want one or two more teams, we'll be playing this game on a basketball court before long if we don't watch how much we let these business men screw up our sport.

We'll see?
Im all for tough hard footy but the hip and shoulder is a thing of the past and deserves to stay there. Fun to see it at the time, not so good for the player 20 years later suffering severe mental issues.

Back