Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Pies v Swans Friday March 15th 7:40pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Swans by a goal or less

• Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Pies by a lot

• Swans by a lot

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Literally just checked the fixture to see if you were correct and it seems you are right.
Well an easy kill should at least take the heat of us for a while.

And seriously, even if we lose, what is the worst that can happen?????

I am still celebrating the flag, you can honestly have the four points if it means that much to you :thumbsupv1:
And there it is … the Wobbler Team Psyche right there. Awesome..

Roco firing an early shot at the after game presser "So was that a rude awakening?".

Macrae still in denial and shrugging it off, surely he must be more concerned than he looks.

The Pies were a rabble tonight, even worse than last week, the alarm bells should be ringing.

Always amusing watching a conman scramble when the gig is up.
He’s cultivated the media beautifully previously so they’ll stick with him for a while yet.
The con was good while it lasted …

Always amusing watching a conman scramble when the gig is up.
He’s cultivated the media beautifully previously so they’ll stick with him for a while yet.
The con was good while it lasted …
The con-man, who won a flag? As opposed to our coaches, non con-men who haven't won a flag?

Logically then from your premise:

Con-man = success.

The con-man, who won a flag? As opposed to our coaches, non con-men who haven't won a flag?

Logically then from your premise:

Con-man = success.
These Carlton supporters are actually hilarious.

That close-fought Collingwood flag has sent them bonkers.

Were they like this after Collingwood survived the drawn grand final of 2010 and saluted a week later?

Swans a revelation. Beneath the notable skill improvement of ball movement under pressure, and the multipronged dynamic forward half, there is also now extra determination and steel. Great to watch, a fair dinkum shot this year.

Pies look like they did in 1991, walking away from the buffet table, content, tipsy. Their coach looks nonplussed. Tough next 2 games. Their season hanging in the balance.

been really toughened up by the disgrace of the 2022 grand final and the bad patch in the first half of last season ...
the young players have learned how to absorb pressure when the momentum turns against them ... it's happened in both these first two games and they've maintained composure ... they just keep working
the relentless pressure last night showed up several collingwood players as being too slow

These Carlton supporters are actually hilarious.

That close-fought Collingwood flag has sent them bonkers.

Were they like this after Collingwood survived the drawn grand final of 2010 and saluted a week later?
Well, I do like a lot of the Blues fans and their effervescence, enjoying the moment, up and about, it's mostly good fun. But yeah, calling a coach a conman BECAUSE he won a flag has baffled me!

Well, I do like a lot of the Blues fans and their effervescence, enjoying the moment, up and about, it's mostly good fun. But yeah, calling a coach a conman BECAUSE he won a flag has baffled me!
The old sneaky "here's a flag - ha! My trick is I'm not giving you two!" trick. A timeless classic by frauds of the game. Scott forgot all about his con a decade later and delivered a second flag. But he's right back on the con job now.

The old sneaky "here's a flag - ha! My trick is I'm not giving you two!" trick. A timeless classic by frauds of the game. Scott forgot all about his con a decade later and delivered a second flag. But he's right back on the con job now.
Indeed. Here's hoping our Adam is also another one of those swindlers!

It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconstancy is my very essence," says the wheel. "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away."

STICK TOGETHER PIES FANS, SIDE BY SIDE!

It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconstancy is my very essence," says the wheel. "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away."

wtf GIF

been really toughened up by the disgrace of the 2022 grand final and the bad patch in the first half of last season ...
the young players have learned how to absorb pressure when the momentum turns against them ... it's happened in both these first two games and they've maintained composure ... they just keep working
the relentless pressure last night showed up several collingwood players as being too slow
Well said. That's been the biggest takeaway from the first 2 games for me.

A real maturity in the way they've stood up to the challenge from 2 elite midfields. Apart from the pies stealing a few at the end of the game last night we've rarely let the opposition get any sort of momentum over 8 quarters of football. Something we struggled to do all of last year.

Well said. That's been the biggest takeaway from the first 2 games for me.

A real maturity in the way they've stood up to the challenge from 2 elite midfields. Apart from the pies stealing a few at the end of the game last night we've rarely let the opposition get any sort of momentum over 8 quarters of football. Something we struggled to do all of last year.
Spot on, looks exactly like the resolve and composure I was already very excited about this time last year.

You're a genuine chance, and boy are you due. Copped heaps of pain over the last dozen years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still trying to work out how Maynard's rushed behind in the first quarter wasn't called deliberate, considering Broad did the exact same thing 6 days ago and got pinged. Commentators as per usual were completely useless.

Commentators dont call that out against Collingwood. Eddie might make a call or two.

Its becoming blatant how bias the media is when it comes to the noise of affirmation only existing interstate. When in reality the big Melbourne games are affected just as much.

But commentators only complaign when it happens interstate? And Vic teams affected on the road. Totally ignored when it occurs at the MCG.

Wonder why? We all know why?

Roco firing an early shot at the after game presser "So was that a rude awakening?".

Macrae still in denial and shrugging it off, surely he must be more concerned than he looks.

The Pies were a rabble tonight, even worse than last week, the alarm bells should be ringing.
Maybe, you'd be more familiar than anyone how those bells sound.

Stick together?

78,000 fans in total turned up.

How many Pies fans walked out at 3 quarter time?

Half way through the final quarter looked like 20,000 stayed for the final siren. 58,000 odd Pies fans SIDE BY SIDE TOGETHER walked out instead of supporting their team. No wonder the team ran out of puff. 90% of their supporters walked out before the game finished.

Now there's some REALLY commited supporters for you. Embarrassing stuff TBH.

In other living creatures the ignorance of themselves is nature, but in men it is a vice.

Spot on, looks exactly like the resolve and composure I was already very excited about this time last year.

You're a genuine chance, and boy are you due. Copped heaps of pain over the last dozen years.

Swans are way overdue.

AFL are starting to wonder what else they need to do to help land the Swans another flag. My wife and I nearly vomited last night when the commentators were gushing over the Swans and just how consistent they have been making finals. "They are the envy of every other club." Well sure every other club DOES envy the academy kids they access cheaply and how they seem to have no problem attracting players as trades and free agents.

Im hoping for a Swans v GWS grand final. Then sit back and read the Vic media complaign about how much additional assistance the expansion sides are getting to sell TV rights.

Last edited:

Umpires "side by side!"

Thus spoke Zarathustra

Back