Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Dogs v Eagles Sun March 31st 1pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

• Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

• Dogs by a lot

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bont's spread, once again pathetic. slow and lazy. 1 touch in the quarter, no 2nd efforts.
Hi, Danster, hope you're well. Last week you were critical of Bont primarily due to his tackles (to quote you "sick of bonts trash. doesn't tackle anymore."), also declaring him "cooked" in what turned out to be a best on ground performance as agreed by the coaches who gave him 10 votes.

I though his 9 tackles today was an interesting statistic. 50% more than any other player on the ground! Keep it up :thumbsu:

You have to wonder if this continues from the Eagles will the AFL just replace them with Tasmania in 2027.

They were as bad today as Footscray were in the early 1980s when they won 4 games in 3 years, or Fitzroy in 1996.
Ironically, the early 80s Bulldogs improved on the back of some WA talent. Pursar, Beasley, Hardie, Rance etc

Hi, Danster, hope you're well. Last week you were critical of Bont primarily due to his tackles (to quote you "sick of bonts trash. doesn't tackle anymore."), also declaring him "cooked" in what turned out to be a best on ground performance as agreed by the coaches who gave him 10 votes.

I though his 9 tackles today was an interesting statistic. 50% more than any other player on the ground! Keep it up :thumbsu:
Plus 3 goals (nobody else kicked more than 2).
Either a terrible judge of football or a troll, take your pick

You have to wonder if this continues from the Eagles will the AFL just replace them with Tasmania in 2027.

They were as bad today as Footscray were in the early 1980s when they won 4 games in 3 years, or Fitzroy in 1996.
None of the interstate clubs are going anywhere, especially not the biggest club in the league.

Though I do wish East Fremantle could have a crack instead of West Coast, at least they’d put in more effort, just give them a pre season with pro level standards and resources.

The Eagles senior team might make their WAFL side more competitive.

Yeah without WCE Bulldogs wouldn't even exist as a club anymore, but keep talking s**t

I must have missed West Coast’s supporting role in the ‘89 fightback rallies.

For what it’s worth, I think questioning the future of clubs based on how they perform on field is a load of fickle garbage.
WCE, along with Collingwood and Adelaide are always the 3 clubs who give the most money to the AFL, who then pass this money to the clubs who can't support themselves such as Bulldogs (in the past anyway, not sure about nowadays)

WCE, along with Collingwood and Adelaide are always the 3 clubs who give the most money to the AFL, who then pass this money to the clubs who can't support themselves such as Bulldogs (in the past anyway, not sure about nowadays)
The only time my club’s future has been in genuine jeopardy, West Coast were two seasons old and Adelaide had never played a game. What exactly were we given by said clubs in this instance?

You and I both know that West Coast are a bigger organisation than the dogs. As I said, throwing barbs about any club’s future existence is not something I warm to.

The bulldogs basically paid for marvel stadium and supported the maximisation of afl revenue for the past 40 years - but whatever mate , you do you.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

And Dan the Manster was never to be found again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s incredibly how the most financially successful club has found themselves in this situation. Their list is in diabolical shape. There’s probably 5-7 young players worth anyone surrounded by a few cooked older guys.

It’s worse than an expansion club list.

ah I remember the good old Days about Fremantles list at the end of 2008. badly ageing squad with 6 or 7 players out of a list of 43 aged 23 or under....

Good times.

I had that shoved down my throat constantly in 2008.

There’s still what - half a dozen aging top end eagles players still on the list that won’t see their next finals push. And they don’t have a good draft hand. This could be a prolonged rebuild.

Wait? you didnt know about this?

I dont usually kick eagles when they are down, but you are correct.

Again, Equalization.

Eagles made finals every year from 2015-2020. They didnt have many top picks in that 6 year stretch didnt they?

I thought Dockers 2016-21 rebuild was bad, West coasts is gonna be worse.

We were poor from 2010 to 2019 and got like pick 19 lol. Eagles are still 2 years away from bottoming out. Go through your list and identify all the guys that’ll be retiring over the next 2 years and what top line talent you have. Heck even Tim Kelly is 30 this year.

Tim Kelly is your classic traded-in cellar dweller rolls royce. Nice to have out there now but he won't be around next time we're relevant.

Tim Kelly Turning 30 years old this season in July is Irrelevant.

He is easily one of the eagles better players. I can actually see him Hang around the eagles when they make finals. Even though he is likely to be aged 33 or 34 or 35 years old when that happens

Wait? you didnt know about this?

I dont usually kick eagles when they are down, but you are correct.

Again, Equalization.

Eagles made finals every year from 2015-2020. They didnt have many top picks in that 6 year stretch didnt they?

I thought Dockers 2016-21 rebuild was bad, West coasts is gonna be worse.

You always show great restraint mr maniac

Shout out to the teams playing WCE twice. We share a special bond.
This is why they need assistance at the end of this year, if they win 4 games or less. It's not fair to the teams trying to make the 8, or finish top 4, if one plays WCE or North for 4 easy wins, and another might have only 2 games. We can't have these terrible teams that only win 2 games a year, and the draft is so compromised with father son and academy picks that the teams that need the draft picks have pick 1 and then about pick 25.

With 19 teams, we should just have an 18 game season, spread over 20 rounds, but that's not going to happen for financial and TV reasons.

The Suns play WCE, North, Richmond and Essendon twice. Compare that to Adelaide, who also missed finals last year who play Sydney, Geelong, Brisbane (runners up when draw made) and Port twice. That's not an equal competition.

Last edited:
Back