Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Demons v Dogs Sun March 17th 1pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Your players were pretty devo to lose this 'fake flag'. Our flag was harder to win than a normal flag given we had to finish on top and play away in all of our finals šŸ˜€
Way to miss the point champ.

And no, your flag was not harder to win than ours. But keep telling your self that if it makes you feel better - just like winning a flag in Perth instead of at the MCG doesn't bother you either.

Naughton needs to play CHB but the club and half the supporter base insist we are better off with him in the forward line despite him not being a natural forward at all. Him kicking as many goals as he has is a testament to the talent he has, but he is not coached well nor does he play like a forward, rarely leads, plays from behind trying to get the speccy etc.

Never seen Bont so frustrated on the field until this game and some games last season. He will be in his thirties before we look like doing anything again.

I think half the story is just that the coaches time is up, they have lost belief whether they truly believe it or not. Cannot seriously say it is entirely down to some players not being as good as we think (even though we select some REAL CRAP players, * we know how to pick em). Every other team Iā€™ve watched this round has looked far more enjoyable, with clear game plans and systems in place even if the side is not brimming with talent you can tell they have been well coached on what to do in each scenario and bring a level of physicality and intensity. I see none of that with us. First time at the footy where I havenā€™t been outgoing and had any sort of release or reaction to a bit of play, just kinda sat there and copped it, almost yelled when McNeil turned it over for the 8 time but I didnā€™t, because I knew it was going to happen, because Iā€™ve seen it before.

Not trying to sound like a flog but Melbourne seem to beat the dogs the same way every time - Gawn gets on top in the middle and May kills Naughton. Dogs then bomb it down the line and turn it over. I thought our performance was ok but itā€™s hard to take a lot out of it when the dogs seem to have a broken system.

Not trying to sound like a flog but Melbourne seem to beat the dogs the same way every time - Gawn gets on top in the middle and May kills Naughton. Dogs then bomb it down the line and turn it over. I thought our performance was ok but itā€™s hard to take a lot out of it when the dogs seem to have a broken system.

We still bring a half forward to the stoppages as an extra mid. Plays right into your hands to free up the extra number to intercept at half back.

We always seem to cough up ridiculous turnovers against you guys as well. Stationary 15m sidewards kicks getting picked off etc.

Everyone knows. Got beaten the same way in 2022, had a few players have moments individual brilliance that won us the same in late 2022, then lost 2023 the exact same way, then lost yesterday the same way. We all know what the answer is: hint it stats with C and ends in ā€œingā€.

And no, your flag was not harder to win than ours. But keep telling your self that if it makes you feel better - just like winning a flag in Perth instead of at the MCG doesn't bother you either.
Legit, why does winning a GF at the MCG seem better than winning one interstate?

There's no excuses for the dogs not beating us today. The dogs got gifted an elite talent in Ugle-Hagan and followed that up with being gifted Sam Darcy to play alongside a gun in Naughton. What a luxurious position to be in. Meanwhile the dees are playing Ben Brown and Tom Mcdonald in key position posts.
Not even your own board takes you seriously.

I call it...

groundhog.gif

lol, yes it was harder to win because you weren't as dominant as us. We finished on top of the ladder, we won our first final by 33, the prelim by 83 and the Granny by 74. Utter dominance. With no home game advantage that we earned. Meanwhile you guys scraped over the line and in the granny some of the most one sided umpiring that people still talk about til this day.

Since then you get gifted Ugle-hagan and Darcy and you still haven't improved with the best player in the league and one of the best rucks in the league. Imagine if the dees had Ugle-hagan, we probably would've won by 90 on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Macrae was injured, was he fit and just not selected?? And Caleb Daniel as sub??? I think Beveridge has well and truly jumped the shark, he won a flag and he'll always be a hero to the Doggies supporters but he's been there what 10 years now? Probably should've left after last season a new challenge might do him good.

Back