Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - Hawks v Demons Sat March 23rd 4:35pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne defensive unit is absolutely humming.Pressure was great. Optimised by the Petracca spoil late when the game was well and truly over. Hawks couldn’t move the footy. They played too safe and spent a lot of time playing kick to kick at half back. Just played into Melbourne’s hands.
Was also impressed with the way we played with May and Lever off in the second half. Obviously Hawks still rebuilding but good performance by the Dees.

Dewyyyyy You were spruiking Sicily so much in the AA threads in recent years. And this is what I mean. Absolutely taken to the cleaners by Fritsch. And you can't even blame the midfield, genuine 50-50's. You would never see something like this happen to the best backs in the comp like Steven May.

The last hard rebuild we did with Clarko , who was a non-Hawthorn person at the time ,was in line with this .
So Im happy to disagree with Sam getting more grace as a Hawthorn Champion from our club . We dont operate that way .
He is a very good media performer so he may get some leeway there from media.

Like then the club made a decision on our direction which Im happy to back in as the right call .
With that comes pain along the way as the team and coach grow together.
I guess unless you watch us every week , you probably dont see the little sparks that may be there.

Good luck next week you will need it 🙂
Did I hear correctly that the Hawks ground announcer called next week vs Geelong the "dare to hope" match?

That guy has the toughest job in football talking up the lame Hawthorn effort. That monotonous switching back and forth, going nowhere with Sicily racking up Fantasy points must be devastating to watch.

Geelong, Pies, Suns away, then North - that could be some interesting schadenfreude.

Did I hear correctly that the Hawks ground announcer called next week vs Geelong the "dare to hope" match?

That guy has the toughest job in football talking up the lame Hawthorn effort. That monotonous switching back and forth, going nowhere with Sicily racking up Fantasy points must be devastating to watch.

Geelong, Pies, Suns away, then North - that could be some interesting schadenfreude.
Probably not , might be worth getting your hearing checked ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Dare to hope" is regarding Paul Dear's battle with cancer.

Show some class.

Sounds like a worthy cause. It's a shame your ground announcer didn’t care to mention it. Just said to the mostly remaining MFC crowd "come to the dare to hope game next week against the Cats".
Because it's aimed at the Hawthorn supporters who already know what is.

This is a weirdly stupid thing to whine about.

Back