Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Demons v Dogs Sun March 17th 1pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne-vs-Bulldogs.png

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 1
MELBOURNE V WESTERN BULLDOGS
SUNDAY MARCH 17TH 1:00PM AEDT (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams

DEMONS

B: T. Rivers, S. May, J. Lever
HB: J. McVee, B. Howes, M. Hore
C: E. Langdon, C. Petracca, C. Windsor
HF: T. Sparrow, J.van Rooyen, K. Pickett
F: A. Neal-Bullen, B. Fritsch, K. Chandler
FOLL: M. Gawn - C, J. Viney, C. Oliver

I/C (FROM): C. Salem, J. Billings, B. Laurie, T. McDonald, T. Fullarton, T. Woewodin, B. Brown,

IN: M. Hore, K. Pickett, T. McDonald, T. Fullarton, K. Tholstrup, T. Woewodin, B. Brown
OUT: A. Tomlinson (Omitted), J. Bowey (Injured), J. Schache (Omitted), C. Spargo (Injured)

BULLDOGS

B: L. Bramble, L. Jones, N. Coffield
HB: E. Richards, B. Khamis, B. Dale
C: J. Harmes, A. Treloar, H. Gallagher
HF: R. Sanders, R. Lobb, C. Weightman
F: R. West, A. Naughton, J. Ugle-Hagan
FOLL: T. English, M. Bontempelli - C, T. Liberatore

I/C (FROM): O. Baker, C. Daniel, S. Darcy, J. Johannisen, L. McNeil, L. Vandermeer, B. Williams

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Talk football, live the excitement

Last edited:

Doggies to start the season hot and continue Melbourne's pain. Their midfield can match them and they have more weapons up forward, even if Melbourne have the better defensive unit.

I think the Melbourne selectors may have already lost the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Melbourne selectors may have already lost the game.

In what way? The Dees are the ying to our yang.

You've got hopeless tall forwards, we've got hopeless tall defenders.

It generally comes down to your midfield getting a run on and/or Fritsch kicking a bag. If neither happen it'll be close but you've had the edge in most games the last few years.

I'm tipping the Dees by under 20.

Our gameplan has been adjusted this year so that's probably the big difference from years past. We've only seen it against the Hawks so far so who knows if it's any good.

Last edited:

It generally comes down to your midfield getting a run on and/or Fritsch kicking a bag. If neither happen it'll be close but you've had the edge in most games the last few years.

Our gameplan has been adjusted this year so that's probably the big difference from years past. We've only seen it against the Hawks so far so who knows if it's any good.
Brown and McDonald can be relied on to kick a goal after the game is decided and the opposition have gone into cruise mode.
At least your forward line doesn't need walking frames.
Our midfield delivery is also not good.
And finally, Lever has become a waste of space in back line.
You don't have much to beat.

Brown and McDonald can be relied on to kick a goal after the game is decided and the opposition have gone into cruise mode.
At least your forward line doesn't need walking frames.
Our midfield delivery is also not good.
And finally, Lever has become a waste of space in back line.
You don't have much to beat.

I am not falling for this, demons by 32

We have one key defender so JVR or Brown will kick a few. Fritsch will kick 4-5 and Pickett 2-3 so there’s Melbournes 10-15 goals. Force Lobb and JUH to kick from 50 metres and don’t worry about where Naughton kicks from.

Our backline wont contain your forwards. Lever is not in good touch after what we saw last week so it’ll all come down to May. Howes is in game 2 and then there’s Rivers (who should be in the middle) and Hore.

Gawn would want to lift after last week. English is AA and your midfield whilst green is probably more footy smart than ours. Our F50 entry will give your defenders a great look and they’ll be smart enough to work out that they’ll be supported by the midfield so just need to remain composed and work the ball around. I’d say Caleb Daniel will tally big numbers just roving around the backline and middle.

Bag for JUH or Naughton. Even Lobb will look like Paul Salmon today. We will need Gawn down there as cover with those 3 threatening to clunk everything.

Dogs by 20.

The team with all the forwards versus the team with the all the defenders. Hard to tip Doggies games in the Bevo era, the collective often underperforms compared to their individual reputations.
Very hard. They have a few players who do the hang dog[1] when things don't go their way. e.g. 2021 GF.
They often seem to give up when things don't go their way.

[1] Downcast; intimidated.

Back