Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Bombers v Saints Sat March 30th 4:20pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting Essendon choosing not to replace Wright with a Caddy/Harrison Jones/Wiederman type like-for-like, and instead going with a smaller team, and us pulling a surprise by going with young Hastie, instead of Schoenmaker or Garcia (who both played in at least one of the preseason games).

Will be our 3rd debutant from last years draft inside the first 3 rounds. With the aforementioned other two from that draft listed as emergencies.

Interesting Essendon choosing not to replace Wright with a Caddy/Harrison Jones/Wiederman type like-for-like, and instead going with a smaller team, and us pulling a surprise by going with young Hastie, instead of Schoenmaker or Garcia (who both played in at least one of the preseason games).

Will be our 3rd debutant from last years draft inside the first 3 rounds. With the aforementioned other two from that draft listed as emergencies.
Makes sense for the bombers since we should be ahead on leg speed. So far as the kids go l assume it's just about exposure at this point. RTB said they'll all get a taste

Makes sense for the bombers since we should be ahead on leg speed. So far as the kids go l assume it's just about exposure at this point. RTB said they'll all get a taste
Pretty amazing that all 5 from last years draft will have had a taste of senior footy (preseason or AFL games) within our first 5 such games this year.

I think Hastie is actually the closest to like-for-like for Wood. Not sure either Schoey or Garcia are suited to the wing, whereas Hastie could actually play there, or as a rebounding HBFer, to release a Bonner/Wangmil to a wing. Looking forward to seeing his speed.

While i think Essendon get on top in the midfield
While we have a chunk of our midfield stocks unavailable (Crouch, Clark and Dow), we aren’t afraid to tag (last week Seb kept De Goey to just 13 touches, while Windhager kept Daicos to minimal influence), so I think Merrett and Parish will have some very close company this week. And it sounds like Setterfield might not get up, which would balance things up a bit in there.

This could get unattractive. The faux tough edge business may backfire severely against a defensively sound and swift Saints side. Authenticism wins. Saints by 5 goals, Ross schools Brad, a very very good coach versus a capable one.

Essendon will have easy targets for cheap shots with most of the opposition players within a 50m arc on one side of the ground.

Saints win over the Pies looks good, but with the outs on both sides I think it will be a low scoring ugly game, Saints to get up by about 2 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really worried about essendons hard nosed players like Nicholas hind and mason redman

Saints win over the Pies looks good, but with the outs on both sides I think it will be a low scoring ugly game
Would be pretty surprised if it’s low-scoring. Essendon have scored over 100 points in both their games this year, but have struggled to defend the ground, and as such can get scored against the other way. If that trend continues, it could be a pretty free-flowing shoot-out on the fast deck.

Back