TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely someone picks them up though? I'd be amazed if they fell through completely.

Would really hope Optus or Paramount grabs at least the Championship.

BeIN is leaving Australia with all the sports rights snapped up by Optus and Stan. If not for COVID, it would've been earlier
I'm pretty sure they have a couple more seasons with atleast the serie a.
Bein is too expensive on its own, fetch could make it standard with espn, but wishful thinking.

What deals are up for renewal that bein have?

BeIN is leaving Australia with all the sports rights snapped up by Optus and Stan. If not for COVID, it would've been earlier
What do you mean leaving Australia?

Isn't the League Cup, EFL, Bundesliga, Serie A, Scottish and French league games still on BeIN Sports connect?

Confirmation for Kayo

That sounds as if Foxtel is cutting ties with Bein, not that Bein is withdrawing from Australia ( or necessarily providing its service as an add on eg with Optus).

Good on Foxtel. Getting rid of sports content and putting up the price of the basic service. First Eurosport now Bein. w***ers.

Only thing I watch on Foxtel is the AFL and European football, particularly Bundesliga & Serie A.

I also find the Beinsports connect the worst sports app going around, so even if I sign up direct with Bein (assuming they provide the option) no guarantee of quality.

* it.

EDIT; Tweet now disappeared but it confirmed Bein also off Kayo and that Bein was removed after review by Foxtel (presumably pricing).

Anyone got the Fetch Mini?

The format of it has changed now and it's run like an app. My TV is a couple of years old and it turns out I can only stream in 720p. Very frustrating, before the change a few weeks ago this was definitely not the case.
Yes, it’s a case of Optus cost cutting and Telstra buying 51% of Fetch sadly

I’d assume BeIN will be leaving the market here once the rights they currently hold run down. Even with the rights they have now there’s no chance it’s viable long term for them to survive here as a solo subscription service.

Across Fox, Stan, Optus and Paramount there will be enough competition for any football/tennis/rugby they currently hold.

Yes, it’s a case of Optus cost cutting and Telstra buying 51% of Fetch sadly
Oh what?

That's really disappointing. I want to get a new TV so I can watch in 1080p but we don't even need a new TV so can't justify it. 720p is awful though.

Fetch was so good, then after this most recent update it's gone downhill in the sense of quality etc.

I do like however you can get more content like the app, but there is no "live channel", so to speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Optus Sport 26.99 (PL, Asian leagues)
Stan Sport 24.00 (must have Stan basic to get Stan sports). (UEFA comps)
Paramount 8.99 (A-League / FA Cup)
Bein Connect 19.99 (Lower English Leagues, Euro leagues, League Cups)

(At least no Kayo needed any more!)

That's nearly 80 bucks monthly if you want to watch the lot. Obviously way too much for the average punter.

Expecting an announcement in the near future for Foxtel to be including either Paramount or Optus Sport (or both). Will need to counter the negative publicity for Kayo over losing Bein rights.

Optus as early as 2020 before COVID interrupted Euro leagues around the world were interested in getting LaLiga, Bundesliga and Serie A with Optus Sport already snapping the LaLiga rights from 22/23

That's nearly 80 bucks monthly if you want to watch the lot. Obviously way too much for the average punter.

Expecting an announcement in the near future for Foxtel to be including either Paramount or Optus Sport (or both). Will need to counter the negative publicity for Kayo over losing Bein rights.

Isn’t there a deal with Optus Sport where it’s $6.99 if you have Optus Subhub?

Yeah I only pay 7 bucks.

Does anyone have sub hub? How does it work? I already have a heap of subs, is it going to make a difference?
If you subscribe to Netflix, Paramount+, Amazon Prime etc thru Optus Subhub, you will get a small discount which grows depending on the number of subs…eg 2 subscriptions = 5% off monthly totals, 3 subs = 10% off etc…

I don’t use it coz I share accounts with family. I am responsible for paying for Stan (which isn’t included in subhub), and I pay for Prime annually…which is cheaper still. Others are paid for by other family members.

Lol.

If their business case told them they could afford to let beIN go, I don't possibly see how there's now going to be enough outrage for them to give a s**t.

As with the PL when they initially lost the rights, the actual numbers rarely justifies the costs.

Because Hawthorn aren’t very good or because you watch AFL on something else?

beIN will still be on Fetch for the 23-24 season and beyond

That doesn't really help most of us, and I assume you still need to pay a subscription fee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back