Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprising. Most Australians don't support one ethnic group receiving special treatment, particularly when 30% of Australia's population was born overseas. We don't need autonomous bodies for each and every ethnic group. If this is about improving outcomes for indigenous Australians there are already plenty of programs, such as Closing the Gap, which were established for that purpose.

I did not realise the PwC fiasco included a Mr Sayers of the Carlton Football Club.

He headed PwC during the turmoil period of confidential govt tax info transfer to companies, before starting out in his own PwC equivalent.

His startup has been stunningly rewarded with govt contracts purveyed by the previous govt. Worryingly further contracts have been awarded by the Albanese regime, although it may be in ignorance of any implications.

Also a charity convened by Sayers and his wife has had an explosion of donations - origin unknown.

Sayers'wife is a devoted Josh Frydenberg fan- girl, who openly supported himat the last election, despite it being illegal to provide that political support by charities.

This may well explode into a massive corruption issue, well beyond PwC.

This is a disturbing read; full of unanswered questions.

I wondered what the Covidiots were doing with their spare time now that the COVID protests have disappeared, now I know.

Some of the most active demonstrators are Trade Unionists who believe this law will inhibit their right to stage a peaceful protest. They should not be alarmed because these steps are aimed at people who cause major disruption like gluing their hands to the roadway or abseiling off of bridges. As a former Unionist myself I was involved in many street protests but ours were well planned and approved by the relevant authority and advanced warning was given to the general population. The fact that the anti protest legislation, had the support of both major parties is significant as it takes an extra ordinary situation to get both Labor and Liberal to agree. The fact that the Greens are opposed says a bit about their party these days.

Do these Extinction Rebellion activists care about those people who cannot get to work or emergency services vehicles that have to be re routed because of the road snarls they cause? Given the proximity to the RAH that numbskull who decided to abseil from the Morphett Street bridge might have cost some one their life. As if ramping was not bad enough we have these idiots causing traffic to be delayed for up to an hour and a half and traffic snarls that extended to the Port Road. The link below has some interesting comments from hospital workers who were trying to get home after their shift.

The organisers of these protests are not even honest with the rest of the population. On the eve of the Protest outside of the Santos building the organisers said a protest planned for the 18th May would be peaceful and non disruptive. The Santos building and the pavement was daubed with paint and the road closed and three people, all from interstate were arrested. Either the organisers are liars or they cannot control their followers.

As we saw in the Covid pandemic this is a case of people being so full of their right to protest that they have overlooked the rights of others to go about their lawful business without hindrance. We know the point these protesters are trying to make and many would agree with their argument and their right to protest, we have got their message now let them get ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Chinese / Iron ore / Gas / Mining consultantacy beckons. Don't think the tourism industry will offer him anything.
Loved by a huge majority of WA people for what he did for them during the pandemic, reaching an all-time record-breaking approval rating for an Australian premier of 91 per cent.

Riding on the back of thumping election wins in 2017 and 2021, Mr McGowan oversaw a 25 per cent swing towards Labor. His re-election for a second term in 2021 in an extraordinary landslide, winning a massive 53 of the 59 seats in the state's lower house and destroying the relevance of the once all powerful WA conservatives in the process.

Fact is that he could go wherever he wanted for his next gig.

And yes - even the tourism industry - remember the 2021 Grand Final?

A political leader who delivered what his electorate wanted when it mattered. Imagine that.

Last edited:
Fact is that he could go wherever he wanted for his next gig.

And yes - even the tourism industry - remember the 2021 Grand Final?
A grand final where the government forked out $40m and the tourism industry got a blimp on the graph for a few days because bugger all people were allowed to travel there.

Talk to people in the hospitality and tourism industry there, and they still aren't happy with their losses over 2 years.

Talk to people in the hospitality and tourism industry there, and they still aren't happy with their losses over 2 years.

All of them?

Every hospitality, tourism and travel company in the friggin' world was financially affected by the pandemic. Reckon most businesses would be smart enough to realise that rather than pointing the finger at leaders actually doing something to protect their communities.

The guy had a 91% approval rating during the pandemic and re-elected with a landslide majority on the back of his pandemic response. So that is all the proof you need of how popular his response to the pandemic was, even amongst those whose lifestyles and means of life were adversely affected.

But one thing this world is never short of is whiners. And they always think they speak for the majority. Because misery loves company.

Last edited:
All of them?

Seriously get a grip. Every hospitality, tourism and travel company in the friggin' world was financially affected by the pandemic. Reckon most businesses would be smart enough to realise that rather than pointing the finger at leaders actually doing something to protect their communities.

The guy had a 91% approval rating during the pandemic and re-elected with a landslide majority on the back of his pandemic response. So that is all the proof you need of how popular his response to the pandemic was, even amongst those whose lifestyles and means of life were adversely affected.

But one thing this world is never short of is whiners. And they always think they speak for the majority. Because misery loves company.
Spoken like some one who spent a long time in the political world / government world.

The polls, the polls, the polls, but I get a political orgasm out of political polls and look at his numbers.

Where is your common sense??

I said he would get a consultancy from certain industries - because they have done very very well during his time as leader. And by consultancy I mean a big fat annual multi million dollar one. I then mention the one industry he wasn't that popular in, and you immediately wet your pants.

But look at the polls, the polls, the polls. You are ignoring them.

Sure somebody in the tourism industry might offer him a consultancy, but you reckon its going to be as big a multi million dollar ones like the other industries I mentioned??

What he achieved is unprecedented for a Labor government in Oz history - state of federal. I said it in this thread after his 2021 re-election victory. But that doesn't mean the love lasts forever and by everyone. He wont be short of offers. FFS don't try and turn this into some sort of political s**t fight.

Spoken like some one who spent a long time in the political world / government world.

The polls, the polls, the polls, but I get a political orgasm out of political polls and look at his numbers.

Where is your common sense??

I said he would get a consultancy from certain industries - because they have done very very well during his time as leader. And by consultancy I mean a big fat annual multi million dollar one. I then mention the one industry he wasn't that popular in, and you immediately wet your pants.

But look at the polls, the polls, the polls. You are ignoring them.

Sure somebody in the tourism industry might offer him a consultancy, but you reckon its going to be as big a multi million dollar ones like the other industries I mentioned??

What he achieved is unprecedented for a Labor government in Oz history - state of federal. I said it in this thread after his 2021 re-election victory. But that doesn't mean the love lasts forever and by everyone. He wont be short of offers. FFS don't try and turn this into some sort of political s**t fight.

LOL. Alright. You're the old man legend of these parts. Know better than to dare question your superiority on anything in these forums.

Everything you say is spot on.

BTW - on a point of correction I have worked in government, university and business both here and overseas. I have also volunteered with various organisations and community groups. I would never pretend to speak as the authority for any of them. But reckon I know a little bit about all of them. Each of those experiences, as well as my background as a partner and parent, come together to inform my understanding and perspective on things. You might not agree with that perspective but please give me the courtesy of respecting the fact that what tidbits of my background and life I offer up in this forum for discussion do not pretend to represent who and what I am.

FFS don't try and turn this into some sort of political s**t fight.

And there I was thinking this was a politics thread. My mistake.

Last edited:
LOL. Alright. You're the old man legend of these parts. Know better than to dare question your superiority on anything in these forums.

Everything you say is spot on.

BTW - on a point of correction I have worked in government, university and business. Would never pretend to speak as the authority for any of them. But know a little bit about all of them.
And you do exactly the same thing.

All of them?

Every hospitality, tourism and travel company in the friggin' world was financially affected by the pandemic. Reckon most businesses would be smart enough to realise that rather than pointing the finger at leaders actually doing something to protect their communities.

I find it amazing how tourism blames governments, not the actual virus, for their woes. Would they rather we let it rip in those early days with the extra deaths we would have endured, just to keep them ( and cafe owners) happy. It's a fine line.

A Chinese / Iron ore / Gas / Mining consultantacy beckons. Don't think the tourism industry will offer him anything.

It's time for one of these organisations to take on the burden of employing him in return for all the favours they received during his tenure. As Swanny often says.... nothing's for nothing.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back