List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney Freo Collingwood Adelaide would all love him on their lists, none of them would be able to satisfy a deal anyway. Crippa aint going anywhere this year unless there's something massive brewing behind closed doors.
Sydney is one I could imagine. They are likely to have a top 10 pick but probably need a KPD more then they do Cripps. Would Cripps bet on another non finals side coming good?
Adelaide killed us because they have a Dynamic midfield and Crouch has been pushed out because of this so I think they would go a different route. I also doubt Cripps wants to go to another non finals team.
Mitchell and Cripps in the same midfield makes no sense especially with Collingwood’s game style.

Yes, no one can satisfy a deal because it wouldn’t be worth it to them. That’s why I say he is worth a late first. If it costs anymore then that teams would be better off looking elsewhere.
Some on here seem to think we would be able to cope with the loss of Cripps because we have B grade footballers like Kennedy and Hewett on our list. If this is true then I presume other sides would also think that they can fill that gap with B grade footballers and put dynamic mids around them rather then pay more then a first rounder for Cripps.
Mitchell to Collingwood last season should give us some indication of Cripp’s value

Dow is a better footballer than Mathieson & he’s not a dick
Who cares about personality. If he makes us better or rounds out the depth, we should get him.

The "good bloke" approach, sees the list devoid of extroverts and ratbags with inflated egos.

Guys like Ginnivan, toby greene, dane swan, didak, heath shaw etc make teams better.

We haven't had this since we sent Fevola out of the club. And our club history is littered with these "dicks" who make make the team gel better as a whole...

Time we recruit the footballer who makes us better, not the footballer who is a nice guy

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Who cares about personality. If he makes us better or rounds out the depth, we should get him.

The "good bloke" approach, sees the list devoid of extroverts and ratbags with inflated egos.

Guys like Ginnivan, toby greene, dane swan, didak, heath shaw etc make teams better.

We haven't had this since we sent Fevola out of the club. And our club history is littered with these "dicks" who make make the team gel better as a whole...

Time we recruit the footballer who makes us better, not the footballer who is a nice guy

I don’t disagree, we haven’t had our own “dick” for a while. We need at bare minimum a talented “pest”.
Dow is a better footballer than him thou.

The difference is the players you mentioned could play, Mathieson is a dud and will always be a fringe player at any club.

Jed Lamb says hello.

Yeah, I can’t realistically see that many cuts but hopefully there are a good 7-8 gone. Have a mini reset like that over 2 off-seasons and see where we sit for 2025. Cannot do it all in one go.

Yeah I would love to see something like what port did at the end of 18. Realised there list had reached its peak, hit the draft hard got 3 first round picks and then reset and pushed up the ladder again.

Now it may take us a little longer but a mini reset by trading out a couple of players getting a good hit at the draft 2 years in row is how I see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ed Curnow plays 15+ games he will surely be offered a chance to go again.. I thought we were well past needing someone like him in our side but the coaches obviously feel differently.
Says something about the coaching / MC / Club.... It's the vibe.
Excuse me while I go and kick and swear at the copy machine

If Ed Curnow plays 15+ games he will surely be offered a chance to go again.. I thought we were well past needing someone like him in our side but the coaches obviously feel differently.
Apparently, he's a great communicator and director during games, you'd think he'd be better doing this with the kids in the 2s aiding player development.

apart from the fact he's a d*ck.
Who would you take? De Goey or Fisher on a HFF.
One, a Richard Cranium the size of Dirk Diggler's, the other seems like a pretty good lad....
Goodness gracious we need to change things up from a playing list perspective. This whole 'we only recruit good young chaps' narrative that seemed to set in along side the commencement of the Bolton SOS rebuild has been a f*orking disaster.
Bring on the lefthand tail of the IQ bell curve, arrogant, footballing knob heads I say.

God knows, we had plenty of them during our halcyon days and no one complained...

Sometimes simple is best

Who would you take? De Goey or Fisher on a HFF.
One, a Richard Cranium the size of Dirk Diggler's, the other seems like a pretty good lad....
Goodness gracious we need to change things up from a playing list perspective. This whole 'we only recruit good young chaps' narrative that seemed to set in along side the commencement of the Bolton SOS rebuild has been a f*orking disaster.
Bring on the lefthand tail of the IQ bell curve, arrogant, footballing knob heads I say.

God knows, we had plenty of them during our halcyon days and no one complained...

Sometimes simple is best
That’s a false equivalence. De Goey should be compared to someone like Rozee.
Fisher more to someone like Mathieson.

Sydney is one I could imagine. They are likely to have a top 10 pick but probably need a KPD more then they do Cripps. Would Cripps bet on another non finals side coming good?
Adelaide killed us because they have a Dynamic midfield and Crouch has been pushed out because of this so I think they would go a different route. I also doubt Cripps wants to go to another non finals team.
Mitchell and Cripps in the same midfield makes no sense especially with Collingwood’s game style.

Yes, no one can satisfy a deal because it wouldn’t be worth it to them. That’s why I say he is worth a late first. If it costs anymore then that teams would be better off looking elsewhere.
Some on here seem to think we would be able to cope with the loss of Cripps because we have B grade footballers like Kennedy and Hewett on our list. If this is true then I presume other sides would also think that they can fill that gap with B grade footballers and put dynamic mids around them rather then pay more then a first rounder for Cripps.
Mitchell to Collingwood last season should give us some indication of Cripp’s value
And what you have said is absolute sense, yet... Sometimes, things can go your way...Adelaide gave us 2 firsts for Gibbs on his career death bed yet versus Grundy for 27 or whatever it was.

If you are right place right time who knows, you throw the dice and see where things land. Sometimes you will be surprised. This strategy I would roll with a lot of the brigade and see what draft offerings comes back then take a call.

And what you have said is absolute sense, yet... Sometimes, things can go your way...Adelaide gave us 2 firsts for Gibbs on his career death bed yet versus Grundy for 27 or whatever it was.

If you are right place right time who knows, you throw the dice and see where things land. Sometimes you will be surprised. This strategy I would roll with a lot of the brigade and see what draft offerings comes back then take a call.
The problem is it’s a contracted captain who will most likely not be interested in leaving so we would either have to push him out which means fire sale or he would choose a club who is most likely a premiership contender which when you look at all those sides it becomes difficult to see a perfect fit so that a club would go all in on him.
I would be surprised if you could find a supporter from any other club who would be happy for them to give up more then a late first rounder for him. (Pick 12 or under, probably even 14)

That’s a false equivalence. De Goey should be compared to someone like Rozee.
Fisher more to someone like Mathieson.
Nothing falsely equivalent about it. We are talking personality types not like for like positional players. Come, let's keep up with the argument.😉

Hence in answer to your own rebuttle, whose approach to the game displayed by Mathieson v Fisher would we benefit from?

Nothing falsely equivalent about it. We are talking personality types not like for like positional players. Come, let's keep up with the argument.😉

Hence in answer to your own rebuttle, whose approach to the game displayed by Mathieson v Fisher would we benefit from?
I would love a guy with Mathieson’s, Papley etc personality on our side, but being able to play is the most important thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back