Injury Murray ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez what an absolute cluster **** last week was. Nicks's selection bullshit, season injury to our best defender, nasty hamstring to our best small forward, screwed by the umps in a close loss, and Showdown the following week. I'm completely demoralised at this point. I can genuinely say that footy brings me no joy at all these days.

Geez what an absolute cluster * last week was. Nicks's selection bullshit, season injury to our best defender, nasty hamstring to our best small forward, screwed by the umps in a close loss, and Showdown the following week. I'm completely demoralised at this point. I can genuinely say that footy brings me no joy at all these days.
It's the lack of flag in the past 25 years that kills me.

Faaark that's brutal - he's been great for us. Hope he recovers well! 9 months of gym, he may come back an absolute beast, he's already pretty damn strong :muscle: . Guess we'll get to see either Borlase and or Keane play now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disaster, not only for Murray and the short term future of the team but the long term future of the club as they have no one of near quality to replace him on the list and now the club have to go out & find a replacement with that opposition club knowing how desperate they are & will demand all the Crows trade currency, so other deficiencies like midfield will fall to the way side.

Someone probably has to stop Nicks from telling list management to double their offer to the 187cm Tom Doedee as he’d want to use him as the replacement key tall defender from round 6 onwards next year.

Some less bad news re Izak

It’s a double blow for the Crows, with Murray’s absence to compound that of Izak Rankine’s hamstring injury.

Adelaide has now ruled out the former Sun for up to a month as a result of the blow suffered against Melbourne.

“While it’s disappointing to lose Izak, fortunately there was little to no tendon involvement, so he will begin his rehab process and we anticipate that being 3-4 weeks before he returns to play,” Burgess added.

“Izak has had hamstring injuries in the past, so he knows what is required with his rehabilitation and will work closely with our medical team to get back.”

Shattering news. He was really showing some good signs this year. A big hole to fill next year with few on the list that can fill it.

Some less bad news re Izak

It’s a double blow for the Crows, with Murray’s absence to compound that of Izak Rankine’s hamstring injury.

Adelaide has now ruled out the former Sun for up to a month as a result of the blow suffered against Melbourne.

“While it’s disappointing to lose Izak, fortunately there was little to no tendon involvement, so he will begin his rehab process and we anticipate that being 3-4 weeks before he returns to play,” Burgess added.

“Izak has had hamstring injuries in the past, so he knows what is required with his rehabilitation and will work closely with our medical team to get back.”
I'd almost prefer we put Izak on ice, start his preseason earlier.

This is flipping terrible news. Been our biggest improver imo.

and now we know hamish will pick a flipping defender with our first pick.

What shit news.

Need to try all of Keane, Borlase & Himmelberg for the remainder of the year to see if anyone stands up... or we need to trade in someone.

Last edited:
Mutineer Thunderstruck

With the terrible news of Muzza's knee injury, what KPD's in the early part of the 2nd round do you see being there possibly we should be looking at.

Under no circumstance whatsoever should our 1st be in play as that has to be for a Sanders or a Durrsma type - must be quarantined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back