Ovens & King FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Still thinking this Slim? Wooden spoon secured. Well done
Follow this league a bit from a far these days, but didn’t All Blacks win the flag last year? To fall all the way to wooden spooners is a massive decline. Obviously the almighty $$$ has something to do with it but couldn’t be the only factor??

Follow this league a bit from a far these days, but didn’t All Blacks win the flag last year? To fall all the way to wooden spooners is a massive decline. Obviously the almighty $$$ has something to do with it but couldn’t be the only factor??

They also won the twos flag in 2023 which is a difficult achievement winning both grades so they had great depth too.

No depth what so ever at benella or there seniors wouldn't be were they are now

I posted the reason for the decline some months ago. It’s there if you wish to look. $$$$ don’t come into it.

Such a big town should easily be able to support 2 clubs but maybe not by the looks of it may have to all merge together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supporting 3 clubs plus Violet town, Dookie, Greta, Moyhu and Tungahmah are always sniffing around as well.

Sure Greta but I don’t think you can include Moyhu in this conversation Slim unless you want to go back to the early 90’s when Whale came across .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sure Greta but I don’t think you can include Moyhu in this conversation Slim unless you want to go back to the early 90’s when Whale came across .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Stuff Benalla they’ve made their own bed now bloody lie in it. Got a bunch of money hungry grubs as recruits now you dimwits are crying poor. This is what’s killing clubs , they could’ve at least attempted back it up and slowly slide but it was rock bottom in 6 months. You want to know the secret to sustained success and multiple cups, it’s bringing in loyal blokes with. Connection to the club. How can you play for the jumper when it men’s nothing to you. You’ll be dust by 2025 and twirling your bloody thumbs wondering why. My advice, get in early and call a merger, anyone that’ll listen, Mel la

Guys don’t want to train , we had blokes working the orchard for 6 hours before a game, trained two night, volunteer , club men with Ahistory, . You an wonder why Benalla are a exactly example of what not to do . Where the premiership blokes now? Pockets to o heavy, wallets busting , nowhere to be seen

Stuff Benalla they’ve made their own bed now bloody lie in it. Got a bunch of money hungry grubs as recruits now you dimwits are crying poor. This is what’s killing clubs , they could’ve at least attempted back it up and slowly slide but it was rock bottom in 6 months. You want to know the secret to sustained success and multiple cups, it’s bringing in loyal blokes with. Connection to the club. How can you play for the jumper when it men’s nothing to you. You’ll be dust by 2025 and twirling your bloody thumbs wondering why. My advice, get in early and call a merger, anyone that’ll listen, Mel la

All this from a bloke that was involved with a club that threw massive money at players to buy premierships!?!?! Just because Glenrowan had deeper pockets to be able to do it for a few more seasons does not make it any different, kinda makes it worse!

And "slowly slide", great advice! Glenrowan aren't even in the comp. There was no slow slide for them, it was an absolute free-fall.

The nonsense that you spout is entertaining, I'll grant you that. But it is not grounded in any type of normal reality.

I’d love to hear navybluemans thoughts on this
Re Normo, yep we did true and encourage him to come back on two occasions. When the whispers of him leaving Rovers started but that was quickly shutdown when we couldn’t find a block of land to sweeten the deal.

The second time was when Glenrowan had folded and Ralphy signed with us, he naturally tried to recruit a couple of his former teammates. Ultimately he followed Robbo to Tarra.

We never broke bread with Jason re a merger because the suggested arrangement didn’t offer solutions to any of our problems long term…. I’m confident that it would have in fact created more problems in the short term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back