Carlton AFLW/VFLW Media, Training Reports, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

PORT ADELAIDE can confirm that winger Yasmin Duursma has requested a trade to Carlton.
Port Adelaide will work with Carlton and Duursma’s manager to reach an appropriate outcome.

The 2023 AFLW Trade Period begins on Thursday, 7 December and runs until Thursday, 14 December.

Meg Robertson (potential father-daughter pick) has nominated the national pool.

Carlton father-daughter prospect Meg Robertson has also nominated nationally in a move that widens the potential list of clubs that could place a bid on her.

As revealed by AFL.com.au last month, four players have been deemed eligible to join clubs as father-daughter picks although Robertson – whose father Ben played three games for the Blues in 1992 – is the only one to nominate nationally.

Clubs must have a pick within the next round of selections – essentially within the next 18 picks – to match a bid on a father-daughter prospect, after the AFL changed the bidding process ahead of this year's draft.

Meg Robertson (potential father-daughter pick) has nominated the national pool.

Does this signify that she's not sold on joining Carlton?

I know we can still match bids but she's increased the number of teams who can bid.

Maybe we haven't committed to taking her so she's making sure of it.

Last edited:
Does this signify that she's not sold on joining Carlton?

I know we can still match bids but she's increased the number of teams who can bid.

Maybe we haven't committed to taking her so she's making sure of it.
Hopefully not an issue of wanting to come to Carlton or not, but I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference. Given her talent level she'd probably only be set to eat up our 2nd or 3rd pick anyway.

This maybe just solidifies it as the 2nd pick?

Thought Mua's been great for us?

"However, popular defender Mua Laloifi is set to part ways with the club and has attracted interest from the Western Bulldogs and Sydney, among others, after being told she would not be offered a new contract to stay at Ikon Park."

Article on the AFL website that the club is parting ways with Laloifi (bit of a surprise) after not offering her a contract for next season, Bulldogs and Sydney are both interested…

Club is closing in on deals for dogs Celine Moody & pies Tarni Brown as well as ports Yasmin Duursma’s request to the blues as well, along with the Bulldogs are interested in departing suns defender Lauren Ahrens…

Impressive young midfielder Isabelle Pritchard had interest from blues and pies but is set to stay at the dogs…

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought Mua's been great for us?

"However, popular defender Mua Laloifi is set to part ways with the club and has attracted interest from the Western Bulldogs and Sydney, among others, after being told she would not be offered a new contract to stay at Ikon Park."

What an odd decision. I always thought she was among our most reliable defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand the logic around moving Mua on, but it will hurt many. Clearly short term pain for long term gain is the strategy. Kez and H along with smaller Gab remain as the experienced nucleus as the develop the youngsters around them. I join the chorus of those sad to see Mua leave, but there is logic.

Celine Moody is a great target. We clearly want her sister playing more forward and Jess Good is no spring chicken despite just coming in to her own as a player. We are still bringing in mature depth from the look of things, while continuing to add to our youth.

Thinking we have a clear long term list strategy rather than what appeared a quite haphazard approach until recently. Plenty of quality youngsters already demand a balanced approach to recruitment, Duursma if an athlete like her brothers, looks a good target with a few games under her belt.

Fingers crossed for Maddy Guerin to get back on the park to complement Hill, McKay, Sherar and Skepper. Fitzpatrick will be a big loss after an impressive debut season, hopefully she is keen to continue her career along with Finn who “grew” with experience.

Edit: Observation suggests Mua might be having some (perhaps chronic) injury issues.

We’ve been linked to Ahrens from GC as well.

With the players we’re trading in, Beatty and Guerin to add back to the main list, and the upcoming draft - with only two confirmed departures so far (McWilliams and Laloifi), likely there may be more tough calls to come 🙁

Hopefully not an issue of wanting to come to Carlton or not, but I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference. Given her talent level she'd probably only be set to eat up our 2nd or 3rd pick anyway.

This maybe just solidifies it as the 2nd pick?

She is rated top 30 by rookiemecentral but I don't know exactly where. Her bio and attributes certainly stack up well.

Mua is 30 and had some injury issues this year. Hopefully we are moving to having genuine tall defenders who can run and direct traffic. We do tend to struggle against decent forwards.

She is rated top 30 by rookiemecentral but I don't know exactly where. Her bio and attributes certainly stack up well.
Their updated guide has her 30-50, so you have to assume she is sliding, and that could also be why she's nominated herself for the national pool: no point excluding 8 other chances to get drafted somewhere in the late rounds.

EDIT: sorry it's 30-50 or 20-40 depending on where you look, but that's suggestive of her being late 2nd round, which means we can match with a 3rd round pick.

Last edited:
AFLW Draft Order for 2023, pre-trade period. Gives an idea what we have to play with currently.

Carlton: 7, 21 (McEvoy compensation), 28, 47, 67

Draft Order as of December 7, 2023

ROUND ONE​

1Western Bulldogs
2West Coast
3Greater Western Sydney
4Port Adelaide
5Hawthorn
6Fremantle
7Carlton
8Collingwood
9Richmond
10St Kilda
11Collingwood (Chloe Molloy compensation pick)
12Brisbane (Emily Bates compensation pick)
13Essendon
14Gold Coast
15Sydney
16Melbourne
17Geelong
18Adelaide
19North Melbourne
20 Brisbane
21Carlton (Lucy McEvoy compensation pick)

ROUND TWO​

22Western Bulldogs
23West Coast
24Greater Western Sydney
25Port Adelaide
26Hawthorn
27Fremantle
28Carlton
29Collingwood
30Richmond
31St Kilda
32Brisbane (Greta Bodey compensation pick)
33Essendon
34Sydney
35Melbourne
36Geelong
37Adelaide
38North Melbourne
39Brisbane
40Adelaide (Ash Saint compensation pick)

ROUND THREE​

41Western Bulldogs
42West Coast
43Greater Western Sydney
44Port Adelaide
45Hawthorn
46Fremantle
47Carlton
48Collingwood
49Richmond
50St Kilda
51Fremantle (Janelle Cuthbertson compensation pick)
52North Melbourne (Brooke Brown compensation pick)
53Essendon
54Gold Coast
55Sydney
56Melbourne
57Geelong
58Adelaide
59North Melbourne
60Brisbane

ROUND FOUR​

61Western Bulldogs
62West Coast
63Greater Western Sydney
64Port Adelaide
65Hawthorn
66Fremantle
67Carlton
68Collingwood
69Richmond
70St Kilda
71Essendon
72Gold Coast
73Sydney
74Melbourne
75Geelong
76Adelaide
77North Melbourne
78Brisbane

AFLW Draft Order for 2023, pre-trade period. Gives an idea what we have to play with currently.

Carlton: 7, 21 (McEvoy compensation), 28, 47, 67

Draft Order as of December 7, 2023

ROUND ONE​

1Western Bulldogs
2West Coast
3Greater Western Sydney
4Port Adelaide
5Hawthorn
6Fremantle
7Carlton
8Collingwood
9Richmond
10St Kilda
11Collingwood (Chloe Molloy compensation pick)
12Brisbane (Emily Bates compensation pick)
13Essendon
14Gold Coast
15Sydney
16Melbourne
17Geelong
18Adelaide
19North Melbourne
20Brisbane
21Carlton (Lucy McEvoy compensation pick)

ROUND TWO​

22Western Bulldogs
23West Coast
24Greater Western Sydney
25Port Adelaide
26Hawthorn
27Fremantle
28Carlton
29Collingwood
30Richmond
31St Kilda
32Brisbane (Greta Bodey compensation pick)
33Essendon
34Sydney
35Melbourne
36Geelong
37Adelaide
38North Melbourne
39Brisbane
40Adelaide (Ash Saint compensation pick)

ROUND THREE​

41Western Bulldogs
42West Coast
43Greater Western Sydney
44Port Adelaide
45Hawthorn
46Fremantle
47Carlton
48Collingwood
49Richmond
50St Kilda
51Fremantle (Janelle Cuthbertson compensation pick)
52North Melbourne (Brooke Brown compensation pick)
53Essendon
54Gold Coast
55Sydney
56Melbourne
57Geelong
58Adelaide
59North Melbourne
60Brisbane

ROUND FOUR​

61Western Bulldogs
62West Coast
63Greater Western Sydney
64Port Adelaide
65Hawthorn
66Fremantle
67Carlton
68Collingwood
69Richmond
70St Kilda
71Essendon
72Gold Coast
73Sydney
74Melbourne
75Geelong
76Adelaide
77North Melbourne
78Brisbane

3, 12, 15, 25 in Victorian Pool not allowing for those who have nominated nationally.

Interesting. There are quite a few highly rated interstate players this year.

I'm liking Kristy-Lee Western-Turner for our first pick. A tall with that pace and athleticism.

Seems like we want to play Moody forward though so we are more likely looking at a midfielder.

Interesting. There are quite a few highly rated interstate players this year.

I'm liking Kristy-Lee Western-Turner for our first pick. A tall with that pace and athleticism.

Seems like we want to play Moody forward though so we are more likely looking at a midfielder.
The Dogs are keen on Weston and have pick 1, but she may make it past them, the only problem is she's nominated herself nationally.

FWIW, I would pick her regardless of the Moody twins situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back