Game Day AFLW Round 10 - Carlton v St Kilda - Sunday 5th November, 1.05pm @ IKON Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did you have to go there ODN?

I am older than most on here, and I have experienced a lot of life. You are aware that I am, to say the least, annoyed at the modern “woke” (for want of a better term attitude. Emanating from the academics and self professed “informed” society, we have had some ludicrous alterations to what is acceptable. I live in a regional Queensland town(technically city) and real life in my community is far from that the minders of this forum have adopted as “normal”. We are not subnormal, we are real. Society is way too contrived by people afraid to embrace the new normal. Then people who “embrace” that thinking set about vilifying those of us who do not comply.

You have wound me up mate, if I write what I am thinking it will be lucky to last 5 minutes, but us so very relevant to society. As a 60 plus father of a 7 year old girl already asking questions she shouldn’t have to when trying to find her way in this world which is ever growing in complexity and “tolerance” to so many different groups and philosophies and their overt self promotion. These groups and views collide with increasing frequency. “Life” is heading down a very dark path from which there is little lope of coming back.

Sexuality has always been challenging, the social and physiological awakenings. The “quickening” (Nostradamus’s term”) with social media, working from home, door dash and growing remote “interaction” as opposed to even fleeting social interaction creates more social ineptitude than there has ever been. “Love” emanates more and more from social opportunity for “experimenting”, as opposed to “normal” growth while various group who are absolutely entitled to tolerance and acceptance are being glorified and promoted through public figures and public events.

I hate being triggered and ranting, but it is so bloody hard already giving my daughter the tools to survive, let alone thrive.

Edit: Oh look there is a story on remote teaching. Let’s teach our little ones by bloody zoom.

So because I'm aware you arent a fan of what you call 'woke', I can't correct something you posted that wasn't true? You went there with your lynching comment.

What I replied with is fact checking and it is correct. It wasn't an invitation to fire up and go back there again. Maybe, just maybe, it is the other stuff that sees you 'lynched'?

Mate, I'm 56 and have 2 daughters. The youngest is 11. I don't think these are the motivating factors here.

So because I'm aware you arent a fan of what you call 'woke', I can't correct something you posted that wasn't true? You went there with your lynching comment.

What I replied with is fact checking and it is correct. It wasn't an invitation to fire up and go back there again. Maybe, just maybe, it is the other stuff that sees you 'lynched'?

Mate, I'm 56 and have 2 daughters. The youngest is 11. I don't think these are the motivating factors here.
So, your first sentence I can’t CORRECT something you posted that wasn’t true (would have used quotation marks bar for highlighting that you deem it necessary to correct). You imply high ground in your assertions.

The post was early am last Wednesday, is it necessary to go there over five days later? Perhaps you are a little bored with the lack of content lately and wanted to evoke a reaction?

So, your first sentence I can’t CORRECT something you posted that wasn’t true (would have used quotation marks bar for highlighting that you deem it necessary to correct). You imply high ground in your assertions.

The post was early am last Wednesday, is it necessary to go there over five days later? Perhaps you are a little bored with the lack of content lately and wanted to evoke a reaction?

Never bored on this forum mate. I didn't even look at the date. Just saw something that I know I was a part of previously and didn't want the falsehood to stand.

No high moral ground. Just defending myself and others who have taken issue in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back