Game Day AFLW Rnd 3 - Carlton v West Coast Sunday 17th Sept 3.05PM @ Mineral Resources Park

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic confidence booster for our girls after last week.

A little rusty in the first quarter but we came together. A bit too wasteful in the last five minutes of the second and third quarters, should have kicked one or two more goals in both of those periods when the ball was trapped in out forward half.

Some very nice chains up the ground later in the game, the passage of play, kick mark game which we've lacked for a season or three.

Handballing is still our weakest link, no distance, no accuracy and putting the receiver in high pressure situations, but I'm happy with that game.

Fitzpatrick is looking great three games into her career, just needs to get her running disposal sorted, otherwise a good kick.

Moody back in the ruck and chasing the ball was a more effective forward than sitting in the forward for a whole game last week and not having the ball come anywhere near.

Fantastic confidence booster for our girls after last week.

A little rusty in the first quarter but we came together. A bit too wasteful in the last five minutes of the second and third quarters, should have kicked one or two more goals in both of those periods when the ball was trapped in out forward half.

Some very nice chains up the ground later in the game, the passage of play, kick mark game which we've lacked for a season or three.

Handballing is still our weakest link, no distance, no accuracy and putting the receiver in high pressure situations, but I'm happy with that game.

Fitzpatrick is looking great three games into her career, just needs to get her running disposal sorted, otherwise a good kick.

Moody back in the ruck and chasing the ball was a more effective forward than sitting in the forward for a whole game last week and not having the ball come anywhere near.
No inside info, but Moody looked a bit underdone for mine in the first couple of games. Perhaps carried an injury or a “relaxed” off season. Much more like herself this week although I think her leap is still not at optimum. I reckon she is “catching up”.

Good is actually quite handy in the ruck and I like them playing Moody forward a bit, but surely needs 70/30 or at least 60/40 of TOG in the ruck as a multiple All-Australian, if fully fit.

The younger players are developing nicely. Kez should be back soon. Missing Maddy Guerin again hurts the midfield mix, it is to be hoped she can come back from the ACL next time around.

Clearly a big gulf between the teams at the moment. A couple of almost untouchable sides and some battlers. We are in the middle ground, but clearly struggle against the power house teams based on the North game. With our draw, we will be a sneaky chance of playing finals, but clearly off the top four.

F6RHjk4bEAAxB6d

Remove this Banner Ad

Back