Game Day Rnd 2 - Carlton v Kangaroos Sunday 10 September at 3:05pm @ Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

They expanded too fast. A lot of good young ladies being developed but the rate of expansion was too quick imo.

As the mystery continues. Tune in tonight on 7 for part 8,675 of "Why Men Can't Say 'Women'".

As the mystery continues. Tune in tonight on 7 for part 8,675 of "Why Men Can't Say 'Women'".

Is there something wrong with the word ladies? It is like using gentlemen or is that taboo too?

Is there something wrong with the word ladies? It is like using gentlemen or is that taboo too?
Nothing to do with taboo. Both words are archaic "polite" terms for man & woman. You have choices, you chose "ladies". I'm wondering in what circumstances you might actually use the word "woman" or "women"? Why this sense of chilvary towards a sports person? And don't get all defensive, most blokes are the same for some bizarre reason.

Nothing to do with taboo. Both words are archaic "polite" terms for man & woman. You have choices, you chose "ladies". I'm wondering in what circumstances you might actually use the word "woman" or "women"? Why this sense of chilvary towards a sports person? And don't get all defensive, most blokes are the same for some bizarre reason.

tbh I haven't given it a lot of thought. I tend to use "lady" for women I respect above others and the women that play footy at the highest level imo deserve that respect.

tbh I haven't given it a lot of thought. I tend to use "lady" for women I respect above others and the women that play footy at the highest level imo deserve that respect.
Ok. Thanks for the level headed response.

I don't think many thought we were much further advanced. The Roos are vastly more experienced.

I agree, but I fell into a little bit of wishful thinking last week with beating Gold Coast, and then seeing them thump West Coast this week (who are probably at the level I thought we would be at.)

Just a brief flutter of hope that perhaps we weren't as far back as I thought. But I've been certainly set straight on that today.

Our good players are playing well. Others are just making silly decisions. Hendrie being 47m out and looking for a target 50m out in the corridor is just pointless. May as well look for the chaos ball forward.
Have to worry about our fitness levels in last quarters, or wonder if we should be playing a contested style that is so physically taxing considering our inexperience.
Tactical reinforcement and aerobic and anaerobic endurance seem to have been an afterthought. High intensity drills would have solved for most of these problems.

North have a strong midfield, so much so it's making Shierlaw look good...
They expanded too fast. A lot of good young ladies being developed but the rate of expansion was too quick imo.
Don't agree, I feel that the AFL and AFLW have failed miserably to assist the entire ecosystem by not bringing in fitness staff - even if it was just a league-wide coordinator and assistants - and identifying any key issues with talent ID and skill acquisition.

The problem is almost completely failing to confirm knowledge transfer is happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back