Game Day AFLW RND 5 - Carlton v Melbourne Friday 23rd September 7.30PM @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

The board need to bite the bullet and put more money into the Aflw program. Seems to me that they are being drip fed.

Yes, I know the facilities are now top notch.

What about the coaches?

What's happening with the high performance department? The girls look woefully out of shape. Some of it is the youth of the side but very few of our girls look fit or strong.

Skills are terrible. Ball handling needs to improve. Too many fumbly players.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everything the team does seems to be chaos and make uppy - skills are very poor - can't fault the endeavor though - which means maybe Carlton has a resourcing issue feeding into poor development of fitness and skills. Based on not much except witnessing relatively poor structures and relatively poor execution and relatively poor game plan and definitely poor fitness from some - I'm not convinced about the coach.

Everything the team does seems to be chaos and make uppy - skills are very poor - can't fault the endeavor though - which means maybe Carlton has a resourcing issue feeding into poor development of fitness and skills. Based on not much except witnessing relatively poor structures and relatively poor execution and relatively poor game plan and definitely poor fitness from some - I'm not convinced about the coach.
I'm convinced he's Shiite.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah Jimmae, not doing the self appointed recruiter schtick or the poor Tayla left because of our horrible culture argument.

It seems to me that in the absence of known facts, you side with your club until you know for sure and have reason to pot them.
There's only so many things that could have gone wrong. Most of them point to incompetence and/or pettiness.
As for the notion that we take away what Peterson has been doing in the midfield to stand Harris, so we can play a fringe Gibbs forward, it just feels like the wrong move.

Harris is supposedly 177cm but her reach and leap is huge. Peterson and Laloifi are 173cm and are dwarfed by her on field.

I'm also not sure where we would be without Mua covering for the rest of the team. She can't do that following Harris around.
We were apparently down 2 other key defensive options, so yes, you drop Peterson back. Gibbs was needed up forward, and we could always give McEvoy a game playing inside midfield given that's what we recruited her for.

And I write that having wished for both McEvoy and Peterson to be used in the midfield for two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back