Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking the below. Yeo doesn't have the ceiling and I'm not keen on fading Sheezel any longer. Hewett with the bye and again no ceiling so needs to go. Means I miss Dempsey, although all my forward rooks are making money so will unfortunately have to pass on him. Leaves me with $169k in the bank. Newcombe gets another week because he does have the role and a ceiling and I'm just hoping it was an aberration.

View attachment 1932356
I'm waiting to see what Yeo can do at home. Port were miserly.

I think I've now settled on the following;

1. Wines > Billings. Allows me to field Sharp or Roberts and bench Reid or Wilson in an almighty game of rookie roulette.
2. Campbell > Massimo. Removes last rookie defender which was Howes or Hore. Dean shifts to utility meaning once dropped he can become any rookie rather than having to find a defender rookie pulse somewhere.

Can't complain with removing a rookie from field, especially D6.

Leaves the following. Main issues going to be Grundy & Fisher but hoping they will bounce back. Clark & Dean soon to be dead rooks I reckon.

Screen Shot 2024-03-19 at 8.15.30 am.png

I think I've now settled on the following;

1. Wines > Billings. Allows me to field Sharp or Roberts and bench Reid or Wilson in an almighty game of rookie roulette.
2. Campbell > Massimo. Removes last rookie defender which was Howes or Hore. Dean shifts to utility meaning once dropped he can become any rookie rather than having to find a defender rookie pulse somewhere.

Can't complain with removing a rookie from field, especially D6.

Leaves the following. Main issues going to be Grundy & Fisher but hoping they will bounce back. Clark & Dean soon to be dead rooks I reckon.

View attachment 1932460
How'd you go first up mate (score/ranking)?

Hmm i am amazed that a score just over 100 above mine is so much apart in ranking it tells you early the gaps are not huge
Yeah I think there is only so far you can get ahead or fall behind in 1 week. Especially when they're saying there are 40k odd auto fill teams.

Went super vanilla this year, last year the pods killed me along with lazy campaigner Laird C.

Yeah I get that. Saving money everywhere is important. But I just think Serong is the best value right now.

• Won't go lower than what he's currently priced at
  • Has the best bye (round 13) that only has Freo and Port on it
  • Can VC/C him through the entire early bye rounds when captains mean that much more with just 18 scores counting
just because he had a good game doesnt mean all of a sudden hes a 120 guy

This was my rd 1 team, taking Daicos' VC score and looping via Barnett - reasonably similar but not as close as I would have thought.

View attachment 1932512
Serong owner...

Jealousy GIF by The Roku Channel

Thoughts on Perkins? Attended 27 of the 30 CBAs. Yes I know Parish will be back soon but I would think Durham makes way for him rather than Perkins.

Surely he at least stays in there for 50-60%.
They do seem to like him rolling through the fwd arc. I like him, I think this is his break out finally - but I've been wrong before. he did do pre-season as a mid though so finger crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been asking about these two trade as they're most likely the trades ill go with.

Most are saying getting Xerri in is more important because of the cash gen.

While i agree isn't the first one overall better because you're fixing up a red dot rook and upgrading the backline D6 from Coffield?

Maybe im looking at it wrong.

trade options 4.png

just because he had a good game doesnt mean all of a sudden hes a 120 guy
He certainly played like one on the weekend against Brisbane. My only concern is he'll be first chosen to tag, and he is still working through that, for example had an 86 when O'Neill from WC went to him.

Been asking about these two trade as they're most likely the trades ill go with.

While i agree isn't the first one overall better because you're fixing up a red dot rook and upgrading the backline D6 from Coffield?

View attachment 1932559
Hmm i like the fist one more.. As it provides better cash gen and gives you 1 more look at Grundy before throwing him out

He certainly played like one on the weekend against Brisbane. My only concern is he'll be first chosen to tag, and he is still working through that, for example had an 86 when O'Neill from WC went to him.
This he has stamped himself as the number 1 tag target between last year and the start of this year.. Now he may well handle a tag no worries or he could turn to dust.

View attachment 1932559
I like the first one get Coffield off field from your 22.

I'm holding Grundy. Sucks he dropped a 53 but think he can bounce back. We can always sideways them next week if required.

I like the first one get Coffield off field from your 22.

I'm holding Grundy. Sucks he dropped a 53 but think he can bounce back. We can always sideways them next week if required.

Hmm i like the fist one more.. As it provides better cash gen and gives you 1 more look at Grundy before throwing him out

Yeah i feel like im in the same boat also, but you can say the same about giving Wines one more week also while Xerri is the must get this week out of all those players.

I should just go with my gut but its a tough decision.

View attachment 1932559
I think Wines is probably urgent, whereas back in Sydney this week against Essendon, I'm not sure Grundy is. Xerri against Jackson at Marvel will be an interesting match up - both hi leaping Rucks, both get around the ground. They have only come up against each other once when both were 2nd fiddle rucks, so nothing predictable.

Think option one is a 60 point gain based on Coffield to Massimo and Wines to Sharp, whereas that is covered just by Clark to Sharp, but I suspect Clark was M9/10, so is Sharp really bench cover too? After that you look at potential $ gained and work out which is your priority I suppose. Grundy against Essendon at SCG this week does look good for him on paper.

The fact Wines got so very few CBA's is way more concerning to me then Grundy
I think Wines is probably urgent, whereas back in Sydney this week against Essendon, I'm not sure Grundy is. Xerri against Jackson at Marvel will be an interesting match up - both hi leaping Rucks, both get around the ground. They have only come up against each other once when both were 2nd fiddle rucks, so nothing predictable.

Think option one is a 60 point gain based on Coffield to Massimo and Wines to Sharp, whereas that is covered just by Clark to Sharp, but I suspect Clark was M9/10, so is Sharp really bench cover too? After that you look at potential $ gained and work out which is your priority I suppose. Grundy against Essendon at SCG this week does look good for him on paper.

Yep i feel the same way but multiple top 10 players have said the other way mainly because Xerri is top priority this week because of the cash gen. But i guess sometimes you gotta go with what you think.

I think Sharp will be onfield this week if i go the 3 rookie option as Sanders potentially being subbed off might be a problem and Sharp also has a good matchup.

If there's no confirmation from Ross as to where Sinclair plays this week, thinking might have to abort bonner (as a trade in)

If Sinclair takes Bonners role, or even a risk of it, it's not good at all. So hopefully Ross helps us out 💪
I know he should be going mid but with his injuries etc he might not have the tank

If there's no confirmation from Ross as to where Sinclair plays this week, thinking might have to abort bonner.

If Sinclair takes Bonners role, or even a risk of it, it's not good at all. So hopefully Ross helps us out 💪
I know he should be going mid but with his injuries etc he might not have the tank
Hmm at the moment i think it is 50/50 on if Sinclair plays mid or defence.

Was his preseason a good one until the injury or has he missed a chunk of it? If he has missed some they may prefer to give him a easier role until he is fully match fit. If he is named it does pose a very hard choice on Bonner though as no matter which position he plays i think it will affect him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back