Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

SEN is reporting that Finlayson got a spray from an Essendon player and his outburst was in retaliation.

Still not appropriate, but if provoked, it goes to mitigation. I find it amazing that there has been nothing said in the media regarding the lead up to the incident. Only the public execution that has happened so far.

If it was provoked, Essendon can’t sit there all high and mighty.
I don't find it amazing at all. It's always like this with Port.

Correct.
The pile on for Jez is astounding. Where were these paragons of virtue when Clarko did worse on several different levels and just got fined.

If you're going to change the rules mid stream, then you have to tell the world in advance, so then if a penalty is summarily increased, people know the implications in advance.

You can't just meander along playing the same tune, then when something similar happens to some schmuck not in the Vic boy's club, suddenly say "oh well we'll just change things now - because we can!". No warning given that you're playing to different rules.
Excellent simmary

One too many for mine but probably better for it to be one too many than one too lenient

Three weeks must be a negotiated position. The AFL put themselves in a no win situation. Six weeks to somebody called Tex for racial slur, let Clarkson off for a homophonic slur for the nth time and then “need to make example of somebody” for a homophonic slur. Hypocritical bastards (have I slurred a person who doesn’t know their parentage). I wonder if Finlayson actually has a case against the AFL and several journos with the human rights commission for the vilification he has received over this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL media conference.
Lets Start GIF by Peloton

Any one of you that disagrees with the result and in particular the way it has been handled by all forms of media and still goes to the game this week is a ****ing hypocrite.

Cancel your Kayo.
Delete your betting apps.
Close your fantasy football.
or STFU.

because if all you do is bleat about unfairness while doing your multis and watching all 8 games to decide whether to put Jim Doodleberry or Joe Headcase in as your last fwd, then you are part of the problem.

Last edited:
Obviously a farce but the media started setting the table for this as soon as the sledge came to light so it's not the least bit surprising.

Also not surprising will be the club's failure to call out the bias and inconsistency in the system.

AFL is the least consistent sport organisation in the world.

Not that 3 weeks is wrong but it’s a bloody joke after clarko got a $20,000 fine.

Lucky Fin was probably close to being dropped from the side anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back