Prediction Rd 6 Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the Chapman to sub call whoever it was that came up with that. Roll the dice that he won't have to play the full game (if he's not ready).
Yes I like it in theory.. just risky. Let's say switta gets an injury in the 1st quarter. It means Chappy might have to play a full game and we would be a forward down.. effectively.. although maybe one of the mids goes forward.. just kinda makes it messy .

Yes I like it in theory.. just risky. Let's say switta gets an injury in the 1st quarter. It means Chappy might have to play a full game and we would be a forward down.. effectively.. although maybe one of the mids goes forward.. just kinda makes it messy .
Yeah but I feel like West Coast is a team we can get away with that.

Who will be in the ruck for the Eagles this week? Could we rest Luke Jackson?
No, our forward line is the area that needs the most work, so getting JJJ playing games together is critical.

If he needs resting we could consider keeping Treacy as second ruck with Dogga full time forward, but reckon that’s unlikely.

Same applies to Johnson though. And without knowing his personality, his body language seems to indicate a disinterest that Erasmus doesn't have. Erasmus , with much fewer opportunities has achieved similar to Johnson . Especially Johnson his season. I would prefer NOD or maybe Chapman or maybe try Wagner or later Stanley on the wing than either, personally but If one needs to earn his spot, so should the other. Imo
Johnson’s disinterest feels kind of similar to that Mundy guy when he was strolling around putting in minimal effort in his first 4 or 5 years. I remember how much he used to annoy folks around here.

No, our forward line is the area that needs the most work, so getting JJJ playing games together is critical.

If he needs resting we could consider keeping Treacy as second ruck with Dogga full time forward, but reckon that’s unlikely.
at least we have those options

who has tickets to the game?

Johnson’s disinterest feels kind of similar to that Mundy guy when he was strolling around putting in minimal effort in his first 4 or 5 years. I remember how much he used to annoy folks around here.
True. So he doesn't have to perform between now and when he is as good as Mundy but Ras does?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In : Darcy, Freddy, Warner
Out : Tabs, Switta, Johnson.

I’m convinced Sam is carrying an injury and I’m naming Karl to start as Sub.
We don’t want wholesale changes to a team that is structurally sound.

some of our supporters are in 'sack the coach' mode lol

Erasmus gets -1 DT points, gives away 3 frees against and deserves a full game.

Will be lucky to get a sub spot for the derby.
Shallow analysis, he was set up to fail coming on with 20 mins to go

He is not a flashy impact player but is an accumulator who will run and tackle all day , unfortunately he doesnt have elite leg speed

Firstly, Simpson is not ready to come in yet - he was getting beat up by WAFL players in his first game and was hurt. Imagine what AFL defenders would do to him.
Johnson is looking bad because he is playing wing and is not suited to this. Banfield looked his best when playing in this role to my knowledge.

So Darcy should come in for Tabs, with Treacy still doing a bit of ruck whilst Darcy gains match fitness.
Other changes should involve shuffling a few around. Maybe Ras could get the job of beating the sh?t out of HRH Reid?
Ras would excell as a tagger

Hate to rain on you parade here but:

• Mann and Chisholm didn't play forward in this game and Chisholm was never a permanent forward
  • Ridley was the other key forward with Groom that day.
  • Waterhouse not only didn't play he wasn't at the club. He was drafted at the end on the year.

Mann wasn't a very good forward, really he was a defender. I'd say of the list of actual forwards in Game One only Abraham would improve our current side.
Besides, those blokes are way too old, now

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't see the relevance. Perform or be replaced with another different player who is performing well at wafl or training. We had too many passengers against Port.
we lost in the last 5 minutes against a team that had played 4 of their 5 first games at home

I think it's unrealistic to call our players "passengers" - some people are knee jerking and want the entire team turfed\
I think you are going to be disappointed when the team is named this week

The issue is that he doesn't look even 1/10th the player Mundy was in his first few years. Mundy was an obvious gun-in-the-making from day one. I believe Johnno will turn it around (when he gets more time on the ball) but the Mundy comparison doesn't jive imo.

With JL at the helm I don't think there's any worry there. In fact I think you have one change too many.

It'd be interesting to do a count of how many contests Hughes is sat back on his haunches 3 metres away, watching an opposition forward take a mark, rather than jumping in to spoil, when he was fully in a position to do so. I'd say it would be way way waaay too many.

When did any of this happen ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back