Review Round 6, 2024 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

If Collingwood finish top 4 this year. Lets not forget that we would end the year as 0-10 AWAY against top 4 sides with an average losing margin of 41 (nearly exactly today's margin).

We don't beat good sides, especially not away from home.

Our only chance at success is to be 100% fit come finals. To finish top 2, get 2 home finals, have opposition that has bad kicking days. Fluke a couple late wins. Sneak through to a GF and play a non-Vic banged up side on GF day. That's literally the ridiculous sorta stuff that would need to eventuate for us to have any sort of success within our existing flawed system and structure.

We have zero % chance of success in our current form. Making finals and going nowhere is just so ******* pointless.

I’m sorry. Did anyone eavesdrop into the discussions at quarter time? I need some tips for my portfolio, anything really. Stock options? New tax loop holes or maybe some suggestions into offshore holdings?

Because clearly there was a quarter time millionaires club meeting that I wasn’t fcuking privy too!

At the risk of being accused of stating the bleeding obvious a soft outside receiver like Rozee would have never been seen as a first choice midfielder in the Fos Williams and John Cahill eras.

Regardless of his skill level he would have played the majority of his footy on the half forward flank, and the only times he would have got a run as a mid would have either been when the final result was in the bag, or the oppo were some down in the boondocks mob who couldn't beat time on a drum.
TO be fair there is no one in our side who is captain material. The only one showing signs is JHF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comical performance that really highlights everything that is wrong with us. You see the undeniable talent on display in the first quarter. Then you see the mental weakness, lack of fight and poor structure that overrides any level of talent for the next three quarters. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Coaching and culture. A poorly coached team with a loser culture instilled by a loser coach and loser administrators.

The leaders should be ashamed of their performances. Rozee was nowhere. Slipped over and fumbled everything. Couldn't handle the heat. Butters at least got near the ball a bit but he too couldn't handle the heat with ball in hand.

Sweet and Soldo were demolished in ruck.

Ratugolea and Aliir poor.

Jones reverted straight back to the spud category after last week's much improved effort.

Rioli gave us nothing.

Powell-Pepper might as well have got 6 weeks because his first 2 back have been terrible.

Bergman started well then nothing.

Drew poor.

Wines nothing game.

Houston a bit of the ball but ineffectual.

Farrell's defending was awful.

Burton soft as always.

Standouts were Horne-Francis who kept fighting all day, Georgiades who looked our only threatening forward and Burgoyne who also kept going and had one of his better games.

Last edited:
Got home 10 minutes before halftime, we led by 11 points. From there, I saw every hallmark of our worst losses in the Hinkley era - beaten out of the centre clearances; our gun players going missing; smashed in
contested possessions; over-running the ball; dropping chest marks; spoiling teammates; handballing to opponents; butchering simple goals.
And topped off by late injuries to star players

I can handle losing to the reigning premier on their dunghill if there's a genuine fight for the points & a close result, however that was the same old s**t after quarter time it'll never change until the obvious happens.

You pretty much got a glimpse of what will happen to us this year if we play a final at the G.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back