Preview 2024 Rd 7 Carlton v Geelong Saturday 27 April 4:35PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over to the Game Day thread …

We win this the same way we won last week - through a dominant midfield, manic team defence, our newly found ability to rebound, King Charles & Prince Harry smashing it up.

What does Geelong bring that GWS doesn’t.

Rinse - repeat.

Well Eastern Beach is nice on a hot summer's day but other than that.....?

Not sure why we would play Cerra as a half back/mid. He is a pure mid. The logical thing would be to bring in a hbf’r (Cincotta) for Williams.

The Williams injury occurred during the game, which is the only reason Kennedy went back (because we had no other options).

If Cerra is fit, he comes in for a mid (Carroll).

Like for like. Next man up and all that..

It’s a moot point regardless, as I don’t believe they will risk Cerra or Williams.

If the rumours re Fantasia being ill are true, then Binns comes in. Not like for like, but we have no other fit (and ready to go) HFF’rs, so take next best.
Little Durds, Owies and Cottrell play that role with Binns running the wing/high HFF.

OUTS
Williams and Fantasia

INS
Cincotta and Binns

Just to clarify, is this something you've heard or an opinion?

Watching pre season and training recently. Both Kennedy & Cerra have/had been spending time rotating through HB and the middle. Adam also said he is likely to play there at times if our full midfield compliment is available

Like I said, that's what "I think"

A few of us wrote him off with the assumption his absence was injury related, not being aware of the suspension. If Durdin plays out the season healthy and maintains or improves on his output when available last year, he is absolutely a serious chance to maintain his spot.
He has played 23 afl games and turns 28 in a few months, he will need to do something exceptional to hold a spot when list spots are tight.
He has played one game for us since being drafted mid 2022.

l feel we will invest in a young developing defender via the draft or another team at year end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest test of the year.Plenty soldiers down.Cats form team of the comp with great structure and coaching would be a great effort to get over the line.Have full belief they can.Should be a cracker.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am really looking forward to this one. Back at the MCG against undefeated well drilled side

If we bring the effort we did in second half last week we win

I have no doubt that if we bring last weeks intensity we’ll get the chocolates….

But…

Can we bring that insane amount of pressure week in week out? Particularly with injuries mounting.

There would have to be lots of sore bodies.

I guess cats had a big slog fest last week so they’ll be sore also.
Cats don't move the ball with the intensity and speed that GWS do when they go tsunami mode...

That works in our favour too.

Biggest test of the year.Plenty soldiers down.Cats form team of the comp with great structure and coaching would be a great effort to get over the line.Have full belief they can.Should be a cracker.

We are the form team of the comp.

Cats have had a pretty darn easy run so far....

Cats IMO are the form team who have been there before and are very well coached.

Two big Victorian teams,stars everywhere across all lines and at the G.

IMO biggest test of the year for us.

We are a team that loves the big test.

I feel like we will show our best (as last week) over the next 4 games.

My concern is when we show up to game against a team we should dismantle.

Our supporter base is still dealing with PTSD from the dark years…

Not yet quite believing. Everything worries us injuries, two rucks, only just winning etc etc

I’m sure the joy in the crowd is 50% relief mixed with delight.

I don’t see Geelong offering anything different to GWS - in fact their midfield is weaker.

The biggest test is to our supporters confidence - only lasts a couple of days after a great win IMHO.

If Cerra is fit to play he’s in the guts. Leave your best players in their best positions and let the rest work itself out.

Boyd Weitering Kemp
Williams Young Newman
Cowan

And if Williams isn’t fit you play Cincotta. Next man up.

Don’t mind throwing the magnets around in game if required but whilst our best football is good enough to beat anyone we should stick with what we know.

Fantasia might not get the ball much, but something positive happens every time he gets it. He’s second at the club for goal assists. Not a chance Binns will have that level of impact with the ball in his first game. Really keen to see the kid get a crack, I just think the rhetoric around Fantasia “doing nothing” is incredibly lazy and achieves nothing

agree on this - Orazio not getting high #'s, but has poise in traffic and uses it well.. think he makes a good Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back