Review Cats down Blues by 13 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stanley got balted by a second string ruck. It's not really much of a risk. I'd back him in.

Parfitt particularly disappointing. With him finally getting regular games you'd hope he'd have shown a lot more vigor.
The problem is Conway has shown he just doesn’t have the tank for AFL footy. Rhys has fared OK against Gawn (and often has down games against muppets like Pittonet). Wouldn’t switch it up.

Dont think you can risk conway vs gawn (it would be a huge call) but he will overtake rhys soon at this rate.

Paddy is a big loss. You would assume hardie or mannagh come in.

Parf has been good this year but tonight shows why id prefer atkins over him if we only have room for one.
Atkins gets a full game. Rohan comes in.

We are absolutely electric with ball in hand this year. As soon as we win it we just cut the opposition apart. It's fantastic to watch.
The more we do it, the better we become at it. Kinda like Richmonds tap on game play. Today, especially, the players looked like they could read each others minds…

Nah. Six goals up with 7 minutes to go. We sewed it up and gave them respectability in the end.
Dogs game on steroids.

A lot will be made of the tight margin, less so that we had the game won with 10 minutes to spare on both occasions and let them back in after playing in a monsoon.

Someone has probably already said it but the cats 2024 side is the definition of a champion team beats a team of champions. Every win has been a team effort.

Look I know it's April but our problem in a lot of those disastrous finals losses is that we were relying on our stars like Danger and Selwood far too much. Then we got found out.

I don't see that being a problem come September 2024.

The problem is Conway has shown he just doesn’t have the tank for AFL footy. Rhys has fared OK against Gawn (and often has down games against muppets like Pittonet). Wouldn’t switch it up.
Gawn has eaten him alive a few times, too. Not that it's really much of a guide, to be honest - more to the point, Rhys has had a bad 2024 apart from the Bulldogs game. His 2023 was not good, either.

Conway doesn't have a huge tank, sure, but we do have the best part-timer in the game. I don't think we lose anything by playing Conway.

Getting beaten at ground level by Pittonet is a real worry.

The evenness of the contributions is what, quite rightly, will be pissing 17 other clubs right off.

And get it in my veins.

Not Sel, PFD, GAJ, Bartel types needed every week. Bruhn, MOC, Stengle, Miers, Zuthrie, Bowes, Kolo Ollie Henry,

with Mannagh, Clark, Hardie, Knevitt all putting hands up.

Conway making Stanley Bruce Nankerivs.

Luv the development in the club.

GO Catters
This club developing players? Never!

I assume that we wont see our old negative friends this year, much like 2022.

I said it in the pregame thread
Todays games was a lose lose and it’s just like that.
Already read multiple comments regarding Umpires and players missing for the Blues.

Even though we won today we still haven’t got the respect

Stupid internet earlier didn't save my full text before posting

I don't mind us being the underdog & continuing to do the hunting in matches, but it would be nice for the players and coaches to start getting some recognition for what they've come out & done to date this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The tackle when Kolo had the player wrapped up, and he ended up eventually getting the ball to boot for the goal pissed me off.

The AFL don't want players wrapped up like that taken to ground... but they need to blow the whistle faster for a ball up.

I was dirty Kolo didn't take him down, but I understand why he didn't. It cost us a goal because the umps were super slow on the whistle tonight... sooo slow when Carlton had the ball.
Nah, was classic dumb Kolo. Spin him dickhead.

Parfitt has his worst match of the year.

The real disappointment was that he had 2 missed tackles in the f50, both which directly cost goals. The last one on acres almost cost us the match.

The rest of the team tackled brilliantly, he suddenly came up with 2 incredibly soft tackling attempts.
yeah it was weird. It was like he went to strip the ball and not to tackle. Most inneffective.

You're more half glass full than me.
I watched on delay, and took a peek at the result early. It was a comfy watch let me assure you. They got too far back.

No, I agree with the other poster. Spinning him and therefore risking the dump was a bigger risk than him somehow dropping the ball onto boot.

Ideally, you'd try and fall backwards, but in the moment...
No no, no dump. SPIN.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back