Game Day 2024 Round 07 Hawks v Bloods @ MCG @ 4 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty ordinary quarter, but I'll grant Hawthorn did a good job of making it a scrap and their onball brigade can match ours at the source. Still well ahead.

That said, I'm not sure we can get away with trying to razzle-dazzle all the time against good teams.

Can tell we’re playing with a team with very few if any changes each week, most seem to understand and execute their role. Thought we over handballed a tad that quarter though

Not sure what's up with Blakey today but he looks terrible.

Thankfully, the other usual suspects (Chad, Heeney, Gulden, McInerney, RB) are all standing up. Melican, McCartin and Roberts holding up our defensive end well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside of "smashing the living shit" out of Hawks, things we should be aiming for:

Scoring 140 plus - makes us the highest scoring team over 7 matches
Not allowing hawks to score over 44 points - will give us the second best points against.

Ridiculously negative. We had their measure and eased away with no fuss. I thought it was a very solid quarter. This is looking like a walk in the park.
Play like we did in the first quarter, especially the first half, against GWS next week and the game will be over before quarter time. If you don't believe, suggest you watch their highlights, especially the game against the Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back