Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Port's complete domination around the ball put our defence under the pump though.
Yes! It was not our backline who "let" them have 23 scoring shots.
This poster (below) nails it.
Port supporters will blame their inaccuracy for the loss, but our defence pushed them wide and did not give them any easy shots, which made it really hard for them to score goals. Our defence was massive again.
Well said.

Good: Our goal kicking. 7.2 at half time with the 2 behinds being rushed. 12.6 all up. 2 of our 3 wins this season have been when we’ve kicked straight.

That’s 3 of our last 4 we’ve won (and the loss was by under a kick). We’re getting our groove back. Still got a bit of a hole to dig out of but it’s not the doom and gloom of the first month.

Ugly: Port’s goal kicking. Enough said.

Entertaining: The knives out down the road.

3 votes Worrell pretty easy I thought yet we have to look always at who touches the ball the most. Soligo deserving but Worrell was faultless and full of flair and dare. McHenry made me laugh and Laird's middle part of the game was limp - we didn't play as well as many think. Backlines and ROB yes forwards ok tho saw Keays 5 times all game it seems. Smith looked like the guy who carries water out to the players. Curtain should have stayed on if he was up to it. How could a human not say Schoenberg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McHenry Nank deserves great praise for such an inexperienced player. Cook meh! Rachelle was near our worst.. mostly no awareness far too often.

Great: Soligo, Crouch
Good: Dawson, Michalaney, Worrell, Rankine, Fogarty, Keane, Walker, Hinge
Average: Butts, Nankervis, Laird, Sholl, Keays, McHenry, O'Brien, Rachele, Curtin
Bad: Jones, Himmelberg, Cook
Terrible: Smith

Also; Was I the only person furious about that pre-match shit about violence against women? WE HAD A ****ING GOAL UMPIRE MURDERED IN A MALE ON MALE CRIME THIS PRE-SEASON AND THERE WAS LESS FOCUS ON THAT THAN THIS. As much as I'm against domestic violence. Don't play the ****ing sex card. ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE PERPETRATOR AND ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE VICTIM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We look so much better with Soligo in the guts. He's the classy mid we've been crying out for.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Great thing about Soli and Dawson is they are hard nuts both ways, as well as being sublime ball users

Far cry from the Laird/Crouch/Keays/Sloane days

Good - Soligo, Max, Keane, Fog, Worrell, Rankine

Port supporters will blame their inaccuracy for the loss, but our defence pushed them wide and did not give them any easy shots, which made it really hard for them to score goals. Our defence was massive again.
While some of their shots were difficult, I think most of them were entirely possible.

Average: Butts, Nankervis, Laird, Sholl, Keays, McHenry, O'Brien, Rachele, Curtin

Also; Was I the only person furious about that pre-match s**t about violence against women? WE HAD A ****ING GOAL UMPIRE MURDERED IN A MALE ON MALE CRIME THIS PRE-SEASON AND THERE WAS LESS FOCUS ON THAT THAN THIS. As much as I'm against domestic violence. Don't play the ****ing sex card. ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE PERPETRATOR AND ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE VICTIM.
Statistics don't lie

The Port board is absolute gold.

Thank you.
moccona-2-gif.1974809

Ugly: we had 72 tackles for the game. Did we get anyone HTB?
Butters should have been pinged on three occasions. Different set of rules for that bloke.

Also; Was I the only person furious about that pre-match s**t about violence against women? WE HAD A ****ING GOAL UMPIRE MURDERED IN A MALE ON MALE CRIME THIS PRE-SEASON AND THERE WAS LESS FOCUS ON THAT THAN THIS. As much as I'm against domestic violence. Don't play the ****ing sex card. ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE PERPETRATOR AND ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE VICTIM.
I don’t think you need to be defensive about it. You can’t cherry pick one crime of male on male and use that as evidence of there being no issue. The stats don’t lie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back