Preview 2024 Rd 9 Carlton vs Melbourne Thursday 9th May 7:30PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Ollie Hollands, Brodie Kemp, Jack Martin, Mitch McGovern
OUT: Zac Williams (glute soreness), David Cuningham, Orazio Fantasia, Lewis Young

Round 9 team v Melbourne
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:David CuninghamOrazio FantasiaLewis Young

Daicos had already kicked a goal from stoppage. Already had 6 clearances and 31 disposals. Fine if you want to spin it that way why didn't Walsh call someone else over to handle daicos so he could be free. Take Hewett of his less dangerous man or something. If you're on the opponents best player with about 1 minute left at a d50 stoppage you do not let them go free. It's that simple. Nothing else to it.
It's not spin at all. It was merely an illustration designed to show how how small the margins between media adulation/media interrogation are.

Even a cursory glance at the stoppage in question would let you know that Hewett was not around the stoppage (my memory was that he was on the bench but I can't be 100% sure). Kennedy was on crisp, cripps on Josh Daicos, Boyd on Lipinsky, cottrell on #36. Cerra loose behind the stoppage.
Walsh follows daicos from the boundary to the back of the contest, ball spills between Cottrell and Cerra, cerra gets grabbed around the neck and ball spills upwards. Walsh is half a step behind Daicos who is heading to the the front of the contest. #36 taps the disputed ball forward of the contest where daicos runs on to it now 3 yards in front of Walsh. The rest is history.

There were plenty of possibilities in the contest.
1) cerra cleans up the loose ball.
2) Cerra gets a free kick
3) cottrell halves the Ariel ball resulting in a stoppage.
4) Walsh mark's tighter for longer.

None happened. Daicos played it exceptionally and reaped the rewards.

The margins are very fine though.

It's not spin at all. It was merely an illustration designed to show how how small the margins between media adulation/media interrogation are.

Even a cursory glance at the stoppage in question would let you know that Hewett was not around the stoppage (my memory was that he was on the bench but I can't be 100% sure). Kennedy was on crisp, cripps on Josh Daicos, Boyd on Lipinsky, cottrell on #36. Cerra loose behind the stoppage.
Walsh follows daicos from the boundary to the back of the contest, ball spills between Cottrell and Cerra, cerra gets grabbed around the neck and ball spills upwards. Walsh is half a step behind Daicos who is heading to the the front of the contest. #36 taps the disputed ball forward of the contest where daicos runs on to it now 3 yards in front of Walsh. The rest is history.

There were plenty of possibilities in the contest.
1) cerra cleans up the loose ball.
2) Cerra gets a free kick
3) cottrell halves the Ariel ball resulting in a stoppage.
4) Walsh mark's tighter for longer.

None happened. Daicos played it exceptionally and reaped the rewards.

The margins are very fine though.

I personally thought Hewett was on Daicos for the first goal. Would have to double-check.

Regardless of the above, some posters post because we lost but other posters call out stuff to help the long term and look at averages. For Austin and long term list mgmt planning there is an issue there with burst speed so Austin should be looking at that in the draft/trade period. We need other thing too like a second KPDer who can play lockdown so doesnt mean he can fill both needs this draft that meet the expectations of top 4 and finals footy. By and large, most posters are just pointing out this requirement.

For the short term ranters...Yes the Daicos thing was that one game and moment where we fell short. And yes, if we had of got the ball and won there would only be superlatives on here and on the media.

Personally, even with a win, i'd say Austin should be targeting burst speed in a midfielder that also meets your other requirements too. I'd guess you'd be the same in that context.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Hollands McGovern Martin
Out: Acres young Orazio

That’s the ins and outs.

Feel free to add that to the Bluemour thread, and perhaps allude to a source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back