HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 - Worst printer I have ever owned.

Remove this Banner Ad

This thing clanks and clunks and creaks and groans and takes for-*******-ever to print.

The scan to computer option constantly drops out.

After maybe 10 months it died all together with a printer head alignment error.

Called HP and they said "We'll send you a new one. Just throw the old one away."

They obviously know this thing is a lemon.

TLDR: Would not recommend.

It's a colour, touchscreen, multi-function printer that retails for under $90, of course it's going to be slow and clunky, and it's cheaper for HP to just give you another unit instead of wasting time trying to fix what is essentially a disposable device. Half of these MFDs have built-in printheads that aren't replaceable by the user either, making just shipping a complete replacement easier too. Hell with those kinds of things it's generally cheaper to just buy a new one instead of buying a complete set of ink cartridges.

Sounds like plenty of people have been having these issues for years, HP have even upgraded their replacements to better models in some cases. Considering that Laser printers are worth these days it's better to just make the jump to them.

Ink jets outsell lasers I believe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oh very much so. Being in a business that sells printers, ink jets are much more sold to general households that want a small compact printer to print off receipts and tax invoices. Laser printers are built for your business purposes. No point in spending $$ on a laser when you'll only use the printer once a week

• Admin
Oh very much so. Being in a business that sells printers, ink jets are much more sold to general households that want a small compact printer to print off receipts and tax invoices. Laser printers are built for your business purposes. No point in spending $$ on a laser when you'll only use the printer once a week
Yeah I hardly use it. Kids use it more for school.

Anyway, this fecking printer. Now we have to basically restart both the computer and the printer to get them to recognise each other.

Such a pile of poo.

WIR? Nope.

Yeah I hardly use it. Kids use it more for school.

Anyway, this fecking printer. Now we have to basically restart both the computer and the printer to get them to recognise each other.

Such a pile of poo.

WIR? Nope.
Such a bulky looking machine too. Strange that you have to restart both devices for them to sync with each other. $130 is pretty expensive to purchase a printer that you're hardly using when I work with printers and you can get a decent Epson printer for less then $89 which will do what you're wanting to do with it. But as a few have said on here already, if you're only doing your standard black and white printing, you might be better off getting a laser printer at the price of $59 for a 110 series from Officeworks. Performance wise you can't go wrong, and with the toner catridges, it has a s**t tone more prints out of it with the toner taking up to 1100 pages while your standard ink jets have around 450-500 pages.
Just something to think about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back