Games The Punting Thread - Bet responsibly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good evening gentlemen, just studying the form for derby day. I dont think ill place my bets tonight i think ill wait for before the race to get the late mail, see how the track is looking e.tc

At this stage this is who ill be backing in each race

R1 no. 5 Bezel e.w

R2 no. 4 Sebring dream e.w

R3 no. 11 Super cash e.w

R4 no. 2 Real love

R5 no. 6 Russian revolution e.w

R6 no.4 Danish twist e.w

R7 no.3 Swear e.w also my roughie will be captain duffy and i already have $5 on Rocketeer.

R8 no.11 Makintosh e.w

R9 no.9 We'e got this

I don't think ill be betting very big as i generally stay away from big fields 13,14+ so ill probably be going 5-10 eachway on most of them but as you can see i love backing the roughies. I tend to stay away from favorites unless they're a sure thing i.e Winx.

P.s dont be fooled into following my tips im by no means a guru, i win alot more money by betting on the footy, cricket, tennis and mainly soccer. i just read the form guide/tips on a couple of different sites and go off their recent form at distance/track, barrier draw, and thats about it.

Has anyone got any good tips for the day?

Good evening gentlemen, just studying the form for derby day.

Has anyone got any good tips for the day?

Good morning BB. My tip is that you shouldn't listen to anything I say.

Oh, and I'm a lady!

That said, my spidey sense tells me Don't Doubt Momma in Race 6 :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I usually work around Xmas but take Boxing Day off

I'd be happy with that!
Although I fibbed a bit. I especially asked for Christmas off next year because my mum's really quite old. I'll never get new year's eve off. Australia day's more my thing anyway

Last edited:
I'm ALWAYS off grand final time :D

Voodoo lad has placed in each of its 17 starts. Has never ran 1600m tho.

Surely today ain't the day to break a 17 straight run of places.

As LP wisely said, this race is a bit of a lottery. plenty of chances imo.

Averaging winning price in the last 6 years for that race is $24.90.

Let's just say favourites rarely do well in that race.

Voodoo Lad is a decent chance. Have a few I have above but VL is a good hope.

I'd be happy with that!
Although I fib a bit. I especially asked for Christmas off next year become my mum's really quite old. I'll never get new year's eve off. Australia day's more my thing anyway

My work is one where luckily I can pick my own hours but at the same time work gets stacked up around that time

_20161029_080332.JPG

While you guys are having a great time punting I'll be toughing it out at work :cool:

Good start!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back