Coaching Staff Former Coach James Hird

Do you think Hird should coach Essendon again?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

thankyou for showing some class and some level of decency.

there are so many scumbags out tonight.

cheers.
Some people are just morons and are the bottom of the barrel of society.

I once read on the Hawthorn board that before one final last year a Geelong supporter came up to a Hawks supporter and said that he hopes Hawthorn lose and Roughead dies of cancer.

Nothing suprises me any more after that

Hope Hird can get his life back on track.

no but she's part of the strands of a cable

There are many strands of the cable, why take a crack at her and act as if blood is all over her hands? It's unreasonable and cruel. You're just looking for someone to blame because your hero is hurting. Have some perspective.

"Ambulance Victoria was called to the Hird family mansion in Toorak at 10:07 last night for what was listed as an intentional poisoning overdose," Seven reports.

The bolded are specific and the terminology is straight off an ambicad job card.

meh... it's channel 7. I'm not sold that what they are reporting is 100% accurate. they can use terminology to sound like they have an inside scoop.

terminology isn't enough to convince me that there's a leak. they could stand around outside the hospital after he was admitted and piece together enough to make that statement.

Emotions are running high! Clearly mine are!
It's good to express these.
No right or wrong. Let it out in 'our' forum.
He's 'our' champion.
I need to be patient. I'm emotional. You may be too. Be patient.
WE ARE ONE!
JAMES HIRD = LEGEND!!!
James_Hird_High_Court.jpg
Well said, feeling shattered after hearing this news,
Love you Hirdy, please stay a leader despite all the haters,
your family need you more than anything and maybe, just maybe all the morons who fling cheap shots at you will pull their heads in and realize that life is prescious and we are all vulnerable..In memory of our co poster The Scales I hope like * that you get stronger than ever and can move on and find some peace...All those with tall poppy syndrome can wallow in your own mire right now...

There are many strands of the cable, why take a crack at her and act as if blood is all over her hands? It's unreasonable and cruel. You're just looking for someone to blame because your hero is hurting. Have some perspective.

you've taken a 10 words sentence of mine to deduce how I'm feeling about the whole thing and who I blame.

c'mon mate, be better than that.

the "strands in the cable" comment was a dig at the way Hirdy was demonized.

although, if taken seriously.... surely you could see that Wilson's unfair attacks on Hird are but one element of many that might take a mental toll on Hird.

as you say; perspective.

I guess we are still to find out the full picture of what has happened.

But if it's what we all suspect and what it sounds very much like, how dreadfully sad. It is horribly sad when anyone becomes so desperate, so down on themselves and their life and feels so alone that they see this as a solution.

I wish James nothing but the best of recovery, and all the support, help and time that he needs.

And as for comments on this elsewhere; don't waste your time, people. You don't need to look to know what some are saying. You will only get angry - trust me I know this first hand. Just avoid it, you will stay in a better frame of mind.

I feel absolutely gutted hearing this. Everyone forgets he has four young kids and a wife. Imagine how they feel. Living with James right now, and how different of a man he would be compared to before this whole saga.

From what has been said, he seems to be pushing a lot of people away who are trying to help him. Hopefully this is a line in the sand moment where not only he seeks help from friends. But also from the doctors as well. He can't do this alone.

My thoughts are with Hirdy, his relatives and friends.

My thoughts are also with you rowdy lot, Hirdy's faithful.

To feel like you know someone because you've been a part of the Essendon family yet are unable to do anything but "support" leaves you guys in a difficult spot. So today, and until he comes out the other side, my thoughts are with you guys.

Not that it matters, but I'm an emergency services worker. I see people in crisis all too often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my god.... the main board thread.

I'm pushing forty.... but damn it takes me right back to primary school. vividly.

how can people be THAT IGNORANT?

This news is just so sad you guys. Sorry to you all. He never deserved the brunt of the shyte he got. Other people need to hang their heads in shame.
WHO IN THE WORLD GOES ON THE MAIN BOARD ANYMORE?
Stopped years ago.

I'd also like to remind everyone that we still don't know what actually happened and the media, in their ever present rush to be first, is not always spot on when it comes to the finer details. Let's wait and see and let everyone else jump to conclusions. He's still alive and where there's life there's hope.

meh... it's channel 7. I'm not sold that what they are reporting is 100% accurate. they can use terminology to sound like they have an inside scoop.

terminology isn't enough to convince me that there's a leak. they could stand around outside the hospital after he was admitted and piece together enough to make that statement.

Yeah nah yeah nah nah

Who says "intentional overdose/poisoning" in a sentence? It's straight from a job card. However, you do present a compelling "vibe" based argument to the contrary.

Last edited:
There are many strands of the cable, why take a crack at her and act as if blood is all over her hands?

This always was a very predictable outcome and anyone who sought to profit off his downfall shares responsibility to a certain extent. He holds responsibility as well, but the lengths the media and baying populace went to strip him of dignity has removed them from being blameless.

I don't mean that vindictively, rather that the enormity of the ramifications is a good point to pause and analyze their position for the future.

Last edited:
Back