OKFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Most teams will be starting up again in the next few weeks. Should have most of recruiting done by now I would think. See in the paper Whorouly have picked up a handy player with pace to run along the wing. They will be competitive but look like that's all the recruiting they are going to do. Milawa haven't been too busy with recruiting either apart from the initial get of Wyatt and Owen who are really good gets. Looked at the list on the previous forum and looks that Moyhu have improved depth but haven't really got any stars to help them out so I don't expect them to improve too much but not fall away after losing Waite.
Glenrowan have been fairly quiet of late too. Maybe they have something up the sleeve. Hope Tarra can push them this year. Will make for a good year if they can. Still think after all that's gone on so far the Tigers will make it 4 in a row.

NthWangman, any progress to your ground condition?
I attended the community meeting back in late November/early December and they explained that the process wasn't a simple one, and it was up to the gun club to have the testing done which is a big upfront cost which they obviously are struggling to afford.

There was an assessment due by the 30th of December which I received and email about on the 22nd stating that it was unlikely the assessment would be completed on time due to these financial constraints, so the EPA, Council and various other government agencies that are involved have contributed financially to ensure that the assessment is moving forward.

Apart from seeing people out on the ground collecting samples, I have not heard anything about it at all. I guess we will have to wait and see what the assessment says when it is finally released.

Here is a link to the email that was sent out. http://www.epa.vic.gov.au/about-us/...ratta-recreation-reserve-contamination-update

Edit: added link.

The whisper going around you talked your self up Ntwangman about having a big pre season this year but once again you failed to show any truth.

The whisper going around you talked your self up Ntwangman about having a big pre season this year but once again you failed to show any truth.

Once again I will be frequenting the back pocket being 5 steps off the bloke that's half my weight. Always talk up a big preseason, never deliver. We only started yesterday though, so let me get in to it, can't show everyone up on the first night. I'll have to stagger my return time, only do a few drills before coming off for at least the first 8 weeks. If we are made to do sprints I'll sit it out, so I don't show them all up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard the same that Buckley was moving away for Work up in the Sydney region so wouldn't be playing. If he does it will only be one or two games. Ben Bond I heard was gone and Ben Henwood still out with the knee. I think Bright will be competitive but that's about it. Cant seem them playing finals.

I heard the same that Buckley was moving away for Work up in the Sydney region so wouldn't be playing. If he does it will only be one or two games. Ben Bond I heard was gone and Ben Henwood still out with the knee. I think Bright will be competitive but that's about it. Cant seem them playing finals.

Buckley is back living bright and will be kicking bags for the mountain men as per usual.

Few interesting signings for my boys out at the valley. Really hope we can go one better this year and win a final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if the rumours are true but there is word that old veteran Scott 47 Oliver is pulling the boots on for Glenrowan. Not sure how true this is.

My predictions

Tarra
Glenrowan
Goorambat
Bonnie doon
Benalla
Bright

King valley
Milawa
Greta
Moyhu
Whorouly
North wang

Last edited:
W

Who are Doons ins and outs?
You don't think moyhu s 15 new players will help push them up the ladder!
I can't remember off the top of my head but they had lost atleast 4-5 of their better players, that's just from what I've read on last years forum.
I think from 5th to 12th could be in any order..

Ill do another ladder halfway in the season and I don't doubt moyhu will be up higher, but until then I don't think they have picked up enough quality to replace what they have lost

I can't remember off the top of my head but they had lost atleast 4-5 of their better players, that's just from what I've read on last years forum.
I think from 5th to 12th could be in any order..

Ill do another ladder halfway in the season and I don't doubt moyhu will be up higher, but until then I don't think they have picked up enough quality to replace what they have lost

Not sure if Moyhu will jump massively, however they didn't miss finals by too much last year so don't think they will be finishing that low.

I believe their ins far outweigh their outs. Ryan Craig is a massive loss - he was an excellent player. However, Nathan Waite, whilst being very handy in his time, has not played more than half a season for quite a few years. Kruen was a regular senior player, but in a really good struggle. He would be on the fringe. McGeehan didn't really play last year anyway so isn't really a loss. In's wise, Cheong will be a very big asset in the ruck and key position. Dave Renton was a fantastic CHF in their last premiership in 2011. Very big target and quality player. Other ins will be quite handy, together with natural progression of younger players.
They will surprise some teams. Whilst maybe nont playing finals, they won't be far off the bottom part of the 6. You have to remember with the draw they won't have to play the top sides as much as bottom sides so might sneak more wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back