Suggestion Live threads for matches a possibility?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jazzsam

Senior List
Jan 12, 2017
Stratty
AFL Club
Carlton
Apologies if this has been asked before.

Are actually live live threads a possibility?

I appreciate this may be a bit of effort behind the scenes and maybe not actually be possible.

I've been on some cricket threads during matches and would love for love games to have real live threads. It would absolutely make being here during any live game a better experience.

Oh, and could I also ask why the upload limit for media is set to 1mb?

I feel like it's a sever side limitation, but curious none the less.

Cheers,

On LG-H850 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Edit: if this question is a question that doesn't need its own thread and belongs in the "questions that dont require their own thread" thread, ill happily remove it and put it there.

Last edited:
I would have thought game threads in the team boards during a game pretty much are live threads
They are pretty much live, I was just curious about making them actually live. It's not then end of the world or a total game changer, I still think it would be nice though.

Notwithstanding the amount of effort to set it up however

They are pretty much live, I was just curious about making them actually live. It's not then end of the world or a total game changer, I still think it would be nice though.

Notwithstanding the amount of effort to set it up however

What form would these take? Match threads that run during a match are "live threads". I am guessing you are thinking of running commentary, scores etc?

What form would these take? Match threads that run during a match are "live threads". I am guessing you are thinking of running commentary, scores etc?
Running commentary and score I hadn't thought of. Im dont know if there are any APIs to use for that, could be handy but i guess there are already plenty of sites for that.

I was more talking about threads having live comments (no need to refresh), like I said not a game changer but would be a nice change

Running commentary and score I hadn't thought of. Im dont know if there are any APIs to use for that, could be handy but i guess there are already plenty of sites for that.

I was more talking about threads having live comments (no need to refresh), like I said not a game changer but would be a nice change

Auto-refresh is what you originally meant?

I dont know too much about web development, I guess i could have worded it better.

Is there be much difference in auto-refresh and comments automatically populating? Or are they essentially the same thing?

But yeah thats pretty much what i was asking...

I think he means like one of the live streaming discussions that they have on the hun/age from time to time (and some club websites)

No need to refresh, new comments are added into the stream to view automatically.

Off memory it uses flash

I think he means like one of the live streaming discussions that they have on the hun/age from time to time (and some club websites)

No need to refresh, new comments are added into the stream to view automatically.

Off memory it uses flash
This is what I meant, Live feed probably would have cleared up the confusion quite a bit... Sorry everyone.

New comments straight to the top, old ones get pushed down.

Took a while but we got there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back