Round 11 Trades (The 1st 'real' multi bye round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing this now:

Hampton to Scharenberg

Pickett to Scooter
Yeah looks much better

Barrett has about two more weeks left in him if his scores are mediocre

Anyways

Got 19k to spare if I do SPP to Greenwood and Williamson to Tuohy

Will turn Mutimer or Parspuds into Ainsworth if he's named. If all 3 are named then Parspuds goes because he's rubbish

Not sure taking Bolton is the right choice considering I already have Mutimer and Parspuds. Would much prefer a higher scoring rookie who isn't limited to just as a small forward.

Would like Scooter, but I may save a trade using Barrett as a cash cow. I'll do a scenario involving Scooter, or a much expensive premium later on once I've thought about it.

If I pull these 2 trades then I'll have:
R11 17-20
R12 20-21
R13 15-18

I provide a range based on job security

Hampton > Shazberg
Barrett > Greenwood
Marchbank > Adams

Got 19 players this week

Set up week for me this week as I have 18 potential players before trades.

SPP -> Scott Selwood
Mutimer -> Greenwood.

Looking to get in Lloyd after his low score cycles through, Merrett, Zorko and Treloar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I would of dropped further in the rankings then back to 102 but I'm still keen for a lil bit of rage trading over next few weeks.

I can't do anything with Scooter unfortunately, don't have the trades (learning my lesson there) or the free cash to bring him in for m9 cover & not having him playing @M8 not matter how much his bye helps, so I'm going a lil risky route

Onfield team finished by end of byes using all 9 trades but only 4 left for injuries & ah let's say not the greatest cover :huh: Definitely starting to see I screwed myself early on when I went a lil YOLO but if I can pull of my trades over next 3 weeks I atleast like the look (mostly:)) off my onfield team going forward

This week
Newman > Scharenberg
Barrett > T.Lynch
Fyfe > Sloane

Thought I would of dropped further in the rankings then back to 102 but I'm still keen for a lil bit of rage trading over next few weeks.

I can't do anything with Scooter unfortunately, don't have the trades (learning my lesson there) or the free cash to bring him in for m9 cover & not having him playing @M8 not matter how much his bye helps, so I'm going a lil risky route

Onfield team finished by end of byes using all 9 trades but only 4 left for injuries & ah let's say not the greatest cover :huh: Definitely starting to see I screwed myself early on when I went a lil YOLO but if I can pull of my trades over next 3 weeks I atleast like the look (mostly:)) off my onfield team going forward

This week
Newman > Scharenberg
Barrett > T.Lynch
Fyfe > Sloane

You're trading Newman out?

Had plans for a triple downgrade this week, but not really liking the rookies expect Greenwood. Would have liked to see atleast one good score from Perryman or Bolton to give me confidence. Still undecided on Selwood,think with the lack of options I will.

Will hold out on Shaz to next week, will pocket a few extra dollars of Otten and make that move next week

You're trading Newman out?
Yeah man.

- I Don't see him as a reliable D6 week in week out with only Scharenberg/Stewart as cover
- I need cash
- Work's great for byes
- He's done his job for me, not much cash left in him & a bad game or two people look to upgrade anyway wouldn't they??
- Can't really see where he fits in my finished back line :confused: With just Otten > Tuohy RD13 which also works perfect for byes pretty much all's that's left

Adams-Docherty-Laird-Tuohy-Lloyd-JJ (Scharenberg/Stewart)

Works well for me :cool: A lot stronger aswell IMO with Tuohy over Newman

At the moment I am thinking of just the 2 trades, early days though.

Hampton > Greenwood

Pickett > Scooter

Helps with my bye set up and hopefully scooter can make plenty of cash quickly for a stepping stone to a rocky/zerrett type. Would leave me with 135k to play with next week and 19 on field this week (Assuming no rookies get dropped).

Sloane has gone 130+ 6 times this year, and is $588k.

His price might be too much to pass up. I can actually do it in 2 trades.

Marchbank to Sloane, Pickett to Greenwood, +$100k in cash, has the added benefit of 2 more warm bodies for rd 11 (and I need them)

Super keen on Selwood too, but would have to come at the expense of WHE or Tom Boyd. With Roughead back in town, Tom Boyd's time may have come.

and then use the Spencer to Strnadica cash next week to upgrade WHE.

Sounds like a plan.

Not sure I am sold on Scooter. I feel the 17 tackles each week greatly inflates his scores and I don't think it is reasonable to expect him to be able to sustain that. I think even the best tackling averages by Rocky and Libba have been around 10 per game. If he were able to average that from here in I feel that would be a pretty good average but that pegs his scores down by quite a margin. He hasn't been winning loads of the ball either, 17 and 15 disposals in each of his games. Granted he will make a bit of money and his bye is awesome but I feel if you are running a bit short on trades, it might be one to miss.

Not sure I am sold on Scooter. I feel the 17 tackles each week greatly inflates his scores and I don't think it is reasonable to expect him to be able to sustain that. I think even the best tackling averages by Rocky and Libba have been around 10 per game. If he were able to average that from here in I feel that would be a pretty good average but that pegs his scores down by quite a margin. He hasn't been winning loads of the ball either, 17 and 15 disposals in each of his games. Granted he will make a bit of money and his bye is awesome but I feel if you are running a bit short on trades, it might be one to miss.

My head is telling me the same, despite the obvious appeal.

18 on field right now before trades, but 2 of those are Hibberd and Black who are unlikely to play this week

Two options that I will most likely weigh up before Thursday
Option 1:
Pickett --> Bolton
Z.Jones/Newman --> Tuohy

Not a huge upgrade, and I'm not sure about dumping Zones after a 119

Option 2:
Pickett --> Bolton
Barrett --> Cousins
SPP --> Sloane/Treloar

Definitely more of an upgrade, but Barrett is set to go up another 25k next game, whilst Cousins is a real unknown

Granted he will make a bit of money and his bye is awesome but I feel if you are running a bit short on trades, it might be one to miss.
Yeah, Barrett's low BE makes me want to hold him through the byes at the moment then upgrade him once he's made enough

If his BE was above 60 then I'd trade him to Scooter, but I imagine it'd be lower with two 80s rolling through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Barrett's low BE makes me want to hold him through the byes at the moment then upgrade him once he's made enough

If his BE was above 60 then I'd trade him to Scooter, but I imagine it'd be lower with two 80s rolling through.

Barret's BE is 21, he still has money to make but trading him this week still makes alot of sense.

Thinking of doing:

Williamson ----> Scharenberg
Balic -----> Bolton
Barret -----> Scooter

Gives me 18 on field this week, although not looking forward to having to field 7 rookies :eek:.

Least my midfield is basically complete now Scooter fills M8 and moo's, either ends up being a keeper or can dish off later for Rocky etc. Fyfe is now my M7 who ill look to dish off in his Bye.

Last edited:
Just the 2 trades for me this week. Will do the sensible thing and wait another week on Shaz, just in case he gets injured again* it also means I can upgrade EVW to Shaz just before EVW's Rd12 bye after he's made another 10k this week.

Fisher > S Selwood
Balic > Greenwood

Gives me 18 starters + Parsons for Rd11 with a projected score of 1,880*

rd11 DT.JPG

Barret's BE is 21, he still has money to make but trading him this week still makes alot of sense.
If you're screwed this week onfield then it does

Otherwise imo no it doesn't, particularly when most of us have dumped or are dumping say a Pickett, Eddy or Balic to a Greenwood type and made not much cash from it.

Barrett is one of the last starting rookies still going on strong, so after the troll act Otten and Hannan put out this week, then I'm very wary moving Barrett on with a 21 BE right now. He could easily get to around 400k by R14-15, so hopefully turning him into a Gawn or uber mid could be the right move by then

If you're screwed this week onfield then it does

Otherwise imo no it doesn't, particularly when most of us have dumped or are dumping say a Pickett, Eddy or Balic to a Greenwood type and made not much cash from it.

Barrett is one of the last starting rookies still going on strong, so after the troll act Otten and Hannan put out this week, then I'm very wary moving Barrett on with a 21 BE right now. He could easily get to around 400k by R14-15, so hopefully turning him into a Gawn or uber mid could be the right move by then

If i don't trade him ill be a man down this week, so its worth for me to trade now.

If i don't trade him ill be a man down this week, so its worth for me to trade now.
If Mountford or McInnes play then you'll be fine

Just looking at your team, your cash generation is low imo, I have 1 or 2 more rookies around than you and even I don't rate my prospects with being able to get the big dogs in to complete my team properly, so I'm considering R13 as a write off just to get Sloane at rock bottom in this week to boost my midfield and hope I rank very high in R11 and 12.

If some more Non R13 rookies pop up this week and next then that helps big time as I'm assured of moving on potential R13 problem players like Mutimer, Parspuds, J Stewart and Myers and hopefully I can turn them into a Tuohy/Simpson (if I don't get Tuohy this week)

I'm sure you could turn Myers and Fyfe into something decent on their byes, but I'm just not sure turfing Barrett helps in the medium-long term for you

Do you have a FWD/MID in your mids still?

What about just Williamson to Scharenberg and Balic to Scooter if you can afford it? Bolton will help this week and maybe in R13, but I'd rather have a Barrett over him if it came down to them two.

At the moment Marchbank > Scharenberg gives me 17 on field.

If Sandi and/or Balic don't make it back next week can trade either to SS Elwood to give me 18. Probably ought to stop there, but...

I would then also have enough to go Fyfe or Watson to Sloane this week - status quo for bye rounds but gets me Sloane at possibly his cheapest for the rest of the year and removes one headache from my midfield.

Never had Barrett in DT so he's not an option. :(

go you pups, you need to collate those essay length posts into an ebook or something. Monetize those thoughts, start a blog.
Lol, would be nice, I'm just here to help out everyone. Hopefully Bigfootys gain.

I wonder where I'd be sitting overall if I fielded Newman in R8, captained Titchell last week and Lloyd doesn't get concussed on the weekend :(

Easily 250 points there

If Mountford or McInnes play then you'll be fine

Just looking at your team, your cash generation is low imo, I have 1 or 2 more rookies around than you and even I don't rate my prospects with being able to get the big dogs in to complete my team properly, so I'm considering R13 as a write off just to get Sloane at rock bottom in this week to boost my midfield and hope I rank very high in R11 and 12.

If some more Non R13 rookies pop up this week and next then that helps big time as I'm assured of moving on potential R13 problem players like Mutimer, Parspuds, J Stewart and Myers and hopefully I can turn them into a Tuohy/Simpson (if I don't get Tuohy this week)

I'm sure you could turn Myers and Fyfe into something decent on their byes, but I'm just not sure turfing Barrett helps in the medium-long term for you

Do you have a FWD/MID in your mids still?

What about just Williamson to Scharenberg and Balic to Scooter if you can afford it? Bolton will help this week and maybe in R13, but I'd rather have a Barrett over him if it came down to them two.

I have Balic as my Mid/fwd link.

Well if McInnes or Mountford magically get named yes ill have 18 available and can keep Barret.

If they DO come in, i can keep Barret and do Williamson ---> Scharenberg and Balic ----> Scooter.

The big issue is, if McInnes/Mountford aren't named im left with 17, so in order to avoid a 0, i would need to trade Barret...but you're right my cash generation is lacking at the moment....big concern.

I have Balic as my Mid/fwd link.

Well if McInnes or Mountford magically get named yes ill have 18 available and can keep Barret.

If they DO come in, i can keep Barret and do Williamson ---> Scharenberg and Balic ----> Scooter.

The big issue is, if McInnes/Mountford aren't named im left with 17, so in order to avoid a 0, i would need to trade Barret...but you're right my cash generation is lacking at the moment....big concern.
Is trading Barrett worth the 40 points Bolton will give you this week? That's probably what I'd be looking at in justifying that trade.

Barrett could get say 140-160 points in R12-13 and Bolton may be dropped for R13 = you may be well down on bye output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back