2018 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what the interleague team looks like?

Is the team near its full strength?

Last 2 spots in the 5 look like they are up for grabs. Kiewa, Chiltern, Yack and Mitta have all played really good footy at times but have also been inconsistent week to week.

What makes you so certain of the top 3 fruit? Plenty of footy left in the season

Last 2 spots in the 5 look like they are up for grabs. Kiewa, Chiltern, Yack and Mitta have all played really good footy at times but have also been inconsistent week to week.

What makes you so certain of the top 3 fruit? Plenty of footy left in the season
Not super certain but I think Thurgoona have enough talent to ensure they stay there. Wahgunyah and Rugherglen are also playing fairly consistently and the ones below aren't. That's what I was basing it on.

It's been a big talking point over the last few years, but what is wodonga saints future?
So many 100+point drubbings. It's not really good for anyone is it. It's not appealing to any potential recruits either.
I'm a casual Thurgoona supporter when they play near by I'll go watch but I saw they were playing the Saints so went to an O&M game instead. How sad

It's been a big talking point over the last few years, but what is wodonga saints future?
So many 100+point drubbings. It's not really good for anyone is it. It's not appealing to any potential recruits either.
I'm a casual Thurgoona supporter when they play near by I'll go watch but I saw they were playing the Saints so went to an O&M game instead. How sad

I think the people there are working hard to try to build a culture that's enjoyable. Every Club goes through some tough times. Look at Corowa in the O and M.

It has been 10 plus years, but Thurgoona had 20 years and managed to turn it around eventually. As silly as it sounds, they've improved from 200 point drubbings

I still think Saints v Thurgoona has a current O&M game covered.

Think you're pretty spot on with the top 5, don't think it will change much from here, but the order will be interesting. Dogs still flag favorites, but Kiewa if they get a clear run with injury will go close. Haven't seen enough games to pick a barton medalist. I think the best story is the strength and competitiveness of the league, crowds seem really good, certainly better than o&m

What does everyone think think about the points system ? It doesn't seem to be helping the bottom sides as Dederang & Saints are midfield when it comes to averages. 2 of the stronger sides Kiewa & Thurgoona are 11th & 12th, and Mitta & Rutherglen are 1st & 3rd highest, both having hit the maximum of 40 on one occasion each this year.

Averages in ladder order:
Thur - highest 31, lowest 25, average 28.
Ruth - high 40, low 31, avg 37.2
Kiewa - high 34, low 28, avg 30.2.
Wahgunyah - high 32, low 26, avg 26.6.
Mitta - high 40, low 33, avg 36.6.
Yack - high 35, low 29, avg 31.9
Barny - high 34, low 29, avg 31.5
Chiltern - high 36, low 33, avg 34.9
Tallangatta - H36 L30 A31.9
Beechworth - H39 L33 A36.7
Dederang - H37 L27 A33.1
Wodonga - H37 L33 A34.5

Thoughts ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does everyone think think about the points system ? It doesn't seem to be helping the bottom sides as Dederang & Saints are midfield when it comes to averages. 2 of the stronger sides Kiewa & Thurgoona are 11th & 12th, and Mitta & Rutherglen are 1st & 3rd highest, both having hit the maximum of 40 on one occasion each this year.

Dederang - H37 L27 A33.1
Wodonga - H37 L33 A34.5

Thoughts ?
The system has so many flaws it's not funny, and in the case of the TDFL a solution to a problem that didn't need fixing. My major gripes are;
  • If you happened to be near or at the bottom when they brought in the system (DMB, Saints), you have next to no chance to recruit back to competitiveness, as you can't bring in enough quality players.
  • The system is meant to reward clubs that promote youth, sounds good in theory but not in reality. With a stronger quality league so close (O&M),many youth from Tallangatta League clubs like to rightly test themselves at a higher level and leave. It isn't so much a problem for isolated leagues, or higher quality leagues as there isn't that many more places youth can go.
I think it was rushed into personally, maybe leagues should have had the option to opt in or our at their discretion?

Dederang - H37 L27 A33.1
Wodonga - H37 L33 A34.5

Thoughts ?
I think it will work but it needs time to level out. Obviously the first 1 or 2 years points will be determined by what your list was like last year but over time I think it will help encourage clubs to play their own kids more and stop the big recruiting sprees.

Wahgunyqh seem to have fallen off the pace a bit. Have they suffered some injuries or did they just have an easy run early on
They had a good draw. They beat sides who are all currently out of the 5 in order - Chiltern, Saints, Dederang, Barny & Yack before losing to Rutherglen. They have since beaten Tallangatta & Beechworth.

What's the best story so far in 2017? How even the competition is, almost anyone can beat anyone on their day, crowds are probably up on recent years due to a level playing field

best Recruit? Tim kendellan - Kiewa
Sam Livingston- tallangatta
Drew Cameron - mitta (has kicked a few goals since having a late start)

Top 5 Barton medal contenders?
Jamie Seymour
Sam Livingstone
Jared Farwell
Tyson goroupic
Kade Brown

Rising star? Not to sure

Flag favourites? Have to be Thurgoona, or Rutherglen for me

Top 5 predictions? It's already set I believe
Thurgoona
Rutherglen
Kiewa
Mitta
Wahgunyah (easy run home should see them sneak in)

Few coaching gigs available. It's been announced that the Beechworth, Chiltern & Barny coaches have all decided to pull the pin. Any more jobs coming up? Would it be hard to find a coach these days?

Few coaching gigs available. It's been announced that the Beechworth, Chiltern & Barny coaches have all decided to pull the pin. Any more jobs coming up? Would it be hard to find a coach these days?

Sorry have to change the subject but how could the Umpire board award that umpire with the name opposite to wrong the top of the table clash between Thurgoona & Kiewa He's always hated the dog's for some reason. A good game ruined

Barnys filled. Current O&M player with a side currently in the top 5.

Hearing a change is on the Cards at DMB as well. It will be an in house Appointment out there though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back