News New Theme for BigFooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

green arrow thing as pointed out, very slow loading, slow when clicking reply/like etc. more blank space and cluttered icons etc and having to scroll more to get between each post. had an extra step to view notifications as well, had to tap the menu which loaded out slow then the flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

green arrow thing as pointed out, very slow loading, slow when clicking reply/like etc. more blank space and cluttered icons etc and having to scroll more to get between each post. had an extra step to view notifications as well, had to tap the menu which loaded out slow then the flag
And this. Viewing the forums list was relatively simple before with forum details at a good size and compacted to the each link. For example i could probably view from the main board down to bay13 or the beginning of the team boards and on the new version its the main board and maybe one or two more.. viewing threads is basically the same

Just when I finally got used to the old theme lol.

EDIT: How come when I pick BF Mobile Theme from the menu at the bottom of the page, it reverts to the Slick theme? Are they the same?

EDIT: Also, is there a way to add a refresh page button down the bottom? Instead of having to refresh it through the browser to see new posts? I know some other forums have them.

EDIT: I'm on mobile and it doesn't show the team supporter flag next to someone's name anymore. Is that intentional?

EDIT: Chief
Chief ?

Is this not the right place to ask questions?

Just when I finally got used to the old theme lol.

EDIT: How come when I pick BF Mobile Theme from the menu at the bottom of the page, it reverts to the Slick theme? Are they the same?

EDIT: Also, is there a way to add a refresh page button down the bottom? Instead of having to refresh it through the browser to see new posts? I know some other forums have them.

EDIT: I'm on mobile and it doesn't show the team supporter flag next to someone's name anymore. Is that intentional?

EDIT: Chief
1. You shouldn't be able to pick "BF Mobile". It shouldn't even show up in the list. Pick "Default" and it will be sorted out for you.

2. No I don't know how to do that - though I imagine a link to back to the current page would work?

3. I am adding that today.

4. @ doesn't work if you edit a post and add it, sorry.

1. You shouldn't be able to pick "BF Mobile". It shouldn't even show up in the list. Pick "Default" and it will be sorted out for you.

2. No I don't know how to do that - though I imagine a link to back to the current page would work?

3. I am adding that today.

4. @ doesn't work if you edit a post and add it, sorry.
Ok, thanks mate.

FYI, yeah, it was showing a BF Mobile theme aswell as Slick and 2 others.

Refresh button is really handy, but I have no idea how they are implemented. Something to think about if you have time.

Oh, I didn't know that about tagging. Good to know.

Seems harder to locate things. Less intuitive. Lots more scrolling. Happy to see old version back.
Can you give me an example of something you could find before but cannot find now?

Not a matter of not finding. Just ugly to look at and you have to scroll further as it takes up more real estate. Any way of not using this look or is this the only version available now?

Anyway, change for changes sake i guess. We will just deal with it.

After 4 or 5 years on the current theme, BigFooty is changing its look (slightly).

Next week we will open the new theme up for people to elect to use.

Then after a week or two of fixing niggles and getting all of our little hacks and hard-coded changes settled (like displaying your footy team and displaying a cup beside supporters of the current premiers) we will retire the old BigFooty theme and move to the new one permanently.

If you'd like to see the basic theme, you can go here:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/material.5429/

BigFooty's colours are being added to the theme, so we will be more red and shades of grey than the blues, greens and purples you see in the example.

Also: This will give us a nicer mobile theme!

Thank you to the guys at ThemeHouse who have been on hand to help us in whatever way they can. Buy your themes and stuff from them.

* I might get a screen grab if I can so you can get an early peek at the colour scheme.
It's very bad and I dislike it immensely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back