Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide-logo-1997.gif

It might not refresh properly, the website hosting it has some sort of weird caching rule to stop files being downloaded all the time.
http://footyjumpers.com/images/Adelaide-logo-1997.gif

Last edited:

Mero, a correction.

You've currently got the 1997-8 Adelaide crest as sporting a generic font:

View attachment 432191

When it was actually this one or possibly two - 'Crows' looks different to 'Adelaide' (taken from the IP Australia site):

View attachment 432194
Cheers.
I know this is the thread where there shall be no judgement of nitpickers but honestly m8 how did you even notice this

Mero .will you design the suns guernseys 2018 to reflect the removal of the background of the logo, now it is just plain or will you say "Oh its just the change of lighting'? because it isnt its removal of the sunbeams

Mero .will you design the suns guernseys 2018 to reflect the removal of the background of the logo, now it is just plain or will you say "Oh its just the change of lighting'? because it isnt its removal of the sunbeams
If the logo is as shown in the graphic on the jumpers they use, I will change it to that one.
Given they've used someone else's template, I don't 100% believe it will look like that until I see it in use.

If the logo is as shown in the graphic on the jumpers they use, I will change it to that one.
Given they've used someone else's template, I don't 100% believe it will look like that until I see it in use.

Last year's graphic had the background missing on the GC logo, but it was still there on the actual jumpers.
Don't think it is going anywhere.

Last year's graphic had the background missing on the GC logo, but it was still there on the actual jumpers.
Don't think it is going anywhere.
Thanks for that.
That was my memory, but then I couldn't find the graphic without it.

It's all there, Black and White, clear as crystal! Not really though.
Some of the years are a mess. In 1983 the logo before the one pictured was still being used in the records. Plus no mention of the prior flag swap 1993-2003 and the continued use of the 4th logo throughout the 80's and early 90's and it's first use was in 1976 rather than 1978 23360942_10156722297581102_610415327_n.jpg
Record for reference
s-l1600.jpg

Also spotted on an AFL Buy/Swap/Sell
23244005_936163089882232_1444721987682661671_n.jpg
2 shades of the 1st jumper plus the 1982 jumper has a Green collar with the Burgundy flaps

It's all there, Black and White, clear as crystal! Not really though.
Some of the years are a mess. In 1983 the logo before the one pictured was still being used in the records. Plus no mention of the prior flag swap 1993-2003 and the continued use of the 4th logo throughout the 80's and early 90's and it's first use was in 1976 rather than 1978View attachment 435521
Record for reference
View attachment 435524
Also the circular logo (1983) was reused in 1995.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What formally happened mid-way through the early 1990s whereby most clubs started to leave the Marbold shield simultaneously?
The AFL allowed them to seek their own branding, while still retaining ownership of the final product.
I believe this was after a 'fact finding' junket to the US and UK during which the marketing dept determined that establishing a unique brand for each club was a good idea. Apparently Manchester Utd don't have to look like Liverpool, and the New York Giants don't have to look like the San Francisco 49ers. And therefore, Carlton don't have to be branded to look like Collingwood. (I remember Football Ltd mentions this)
51uoQ7Qf%2BPL._SX344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

When Collingwood stepped out & introduced a new logo, granted immediately after a premiership, their merchandise sales went to the moon.

Surely Sydney are due for a rebranding? While the logos ok, it's hardly a "classic"..

Oh fwiw I really miss the GFC as geelongs primary logo. Looks classier than a stupid cat head! Would love to see the one on our jumper become the main logo

I always thought St Kilda, Richmond and Collingwood nailed it with a "timeless" looking logo. Now it seems the Saints are due to change.

Won't that have Black side panels? Like the Clash and Preseason from this year?
Doubtful as they have taken the side panels off the clash guernsey as well.

I always thought St Kilda, Richmond and Collingwood nailed it with a "timeless" looking logo. Now it seems the Saints are due to change.

Please no, never. there is absolutely no reason to change it, it's been the same for decades, won the flag in it, it's been on the jumper for approaching 100 years, it would be an absolute travesty to change the image of the club like that.

Please no, never. there is absolutely no reason to change it, it's been the same for decades, won the flag in it, it's been on the jumper for approaching 100 years, it would be an absolute travesty to change the image of the club like that.
Oh I don't think they should at all, but doesn't mean the marketing department doesn't think so...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back