Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I like to trade in and out. I'm hedging that there will be another rise or two before it bottoms out (completely speculative of course). Currently at $1322. I'll let this rise a little more and trade it out again.

The difference between what I believe I may make in the process and the bottom dip (which you never really get a chance to buy at unless you are watching constantly and I don't) will be greater than waiting just for the dip.

Anyone can challenge this strategy, but it has worked extremely well for me thus far.

I actually enjoy this component of trading. As I track all my movements on excel, I can itemise which deals have worked out for me and which ones haven't.

Strike rate with this strategy is comfortably outweighing just waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we may need to sell some more CND... I'm questioning whether its a hold coin or not!

Looks like we may need to sell some more CND... I'm questioning whether its a hold coin or not!

I ran the gauntlet twice since yesterday and have picked up a few more for free due to the trading, but only risking 50% of stock in trading.

Hold coin at this stage. It's staying strong in a climate that is rather volatile. Imagine when the market becomes bullish.

We're on a winner. I wish I'd backed the tip more considering I got in when I did. I'll still buy more, but actually hoping for another pump n dump.

So you’re just trying to pick small movements and trade in - out? Are you trading in and out of fiat or b/w cryptos?

Trading between cryptos only. I haven't yet cashed out a cent. Although my original plan was to cash out initial investment once I doubled, but thought f'k this when it happened and I continued reinvesting profits and will continue to.

I ran the gauntlet twice since yesterday and have picked up a few more for free due to the trading, but only risking 50% of stock in trading.

Hold coin at this stage. It's staying strong in a climate that is rather volatile. Imagine when the market becomes bullish.

We're on a winner. I wish I'd backed the tip more considering I got in when I did. I'll still buy more, but actually hoping for another pump n dump.

Appreciate your thoughts.
I'm looking at volume and it appears that there is more room to grow so I'm thinking hold too.
Verge and Tron have changed me a bit when it comes to hold/trade thoughts. I was adamant I would hold all coins but those 2 changed my whole perspective. Thankfully I made those two winners and grew my portfolio from the gains made on them.
Every day and trade is a learning curve in this game...thankfully I'm winning and not losing :)

Well if it works for you, that’s the main thing. Good work!

I've tried buying at the bottom, I've also set buy / sell orders etcetera overnight and I found that I was either buying or selling well off the mark on occasions due to having no immediate control overnight.

I also tried buying at the very bottom when the opportunity would present itself and found that what could have been a purchase at $1,000 could quickly climb to $1,200 in a flash and subsequently a small rise would occur and then miss out completely or pay overs. This is why I deploy above strategy too. For someone who enjoys trading, I don't have the time to do it as effectively as I would like.

I would suggest it's a hold, from what I've just read. Take some profit though.
I took out my initial 'buy in' yesterday so what i hold of it is pure 'profit' now...thinking when it hits $0.50 AUD i will take out 1/4 or 1/3 of it to throw into my NEO or ETH bags.
Thanks for your thoughts...

I was literally standing in line just now at the bank to deposit a cheque. The lady in front of me was having a number of issues doing what she needed to do; again, literally all of those issues were solvable by blockchain based products. XLM probably solved all of them.

I haven’t taken any profits and turned them into fiat so far. Will look to do this more in future reflecting back on Ripple going from 37c to $4.80, and TRON going from 3c to 30c. I’m a long term holder for the most part and the lesson I’ve learnt is the big bull runs follow with a sharp corrrection at some stage.

As for retrieving my initial investment and playing with house money I think I’ll want 4-5 times gains before I do that. Gotta say I’m a bit surprised the whales that pumped the market cap up to 830b early Jan are still sitting on the sidelines. It’s been just over 2 weeks since the dump began.

I haven’t taken any profits and turned them into fiat so far. Will look to do this more in future reflecting back on Ripple going from 37c to $4.80, and TRON going from 3c to 30c. I’m a long term holder for the most part and the lesson I’ve learnt is the big bull runs follow with a sharp corrrection at some stage.

As for retrieving my initial investment and playing with house money I think I’ll want 4-5 times gains before I do that. Gotta say I’m a bit surprised the whales that pumped the market cap up to 830b early Jan are still sitting on the sidelines. It’s been just over 2 weeks since the dump began.
I like your thinking...
I think the whales are as patient as those that hold. Always seen patience as the key to those that have a long term view.
As the market cap grows the corrections wont be as drastic (from what I understand).

I think there comes a time when rational thinking needs to take over. I got onboard XRP, BAT, DGB, FUN, BTC fairly cheap and when it felt too good to be true I bailed. I've bought in and sold out completely twice now with the advatage of learning from screw ups along the way. For example, I bought 2.5k worth of Power at 19 cents and sold at 30 cents.

There are only a few coins I really 'trust', those having real world application ofc. The coins that I think will survive and thrive are.
ETH Walton VeChain FUN and Power ledger. Honorable mentions to BAT and XRP. I'm sure there is others but the above are cryptos I'd get back into. My portfolio now is 85% Walt 15% Eth. Will get back into Power and Fun at some point.

This is that graph - (ignore the you are here bit, that was already on it)

youarehere.jpg

Our crypto fad doesn't have to worry about that

1513371147070.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ultra noob question here guys? Is there a reasonably economical way to transfer BTC from one exchange (BTC Markets) to another (Coinspot)? From my limited experience it seems these crowds must be making a killing on fees alone.

Just a reminder that you have to pay taxes on crypto to crypto trades.
There seem to be a few who don't want to hear it. I think those people are just waiting to hear what they want to hear. Something like there's no tax because it's considered gambling. Or that because it's not regulated the ATO won't ever know they made money on it.

Just a reminder that you have to pay taxes on crypto to crypto trades.

Bullshit. Completely unmanageable and unenforceable. And not in keeping with current laws re trading on tthe traditional things like stocks.

Show me where it says you have to pay on every trade.

Ultra noob question here guys? Is there a reasonably economical way to transfer BTC from one exchange (BTC Markets) to another (Coinspot)? From my limited experience it seems these crowds must be making a killing on fees alone.
Question, why do you want to move your BTC from BTCMarkets to Coinspot ?? You can't trade on Coinspot, and if you buy and sell on there to get into some alt coins you are going to get severely raped.

What exchanges are the best ??

I’m on BTC markets but coins are limited ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Binance and Kucoin are 2 of the best. Buy litecoin on an Aus market and send to one of these exchanges to start trading. Coinspot is another Aus exchange and has the biggest range of alt coins that you can buy with $Aud fiat, if you would prefer to do it that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back