Podcasts

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone caught Dirty John? It's brilliant and being made into a 2 season TV series with Eric Bana as Dirty John. If you haven't heard about it and like Casefile or similar podcasts, then dont read anything about it and just listen to the podcast.
A 2 season tv show? i didnt think there was enough material for one season let alone 2. Did enjoy the podcast though.

Malcolm Gladwell - revisionist history
TEAM Effort
Side hustle school
Ben Shapiro
Jordan B Peterson
Joe Rogan Experience
Rich Roll
Steve Austin Show
Tim Ferris Show

and 2 I've gotten into over the last 6 weeks, Sam Mike and Thomo and Tony Martin's Sizzletown.

The greatest season that was - 93'

It is a look at why the 1993 AFL season was the best ever. If you're a 30 something footy fan, you'll love it.

Is there it an option to end it at half time in the prelim final?

Starting listen to Casefile last week. Some really chilling stuff I must say. The East Area Rapist ones are tough and scary listening, you almost feel like you’re there.

The Hoddle St Massacre one was also very good. Again very chilling hearing the events unfold. Particularly knowing my parents were headed home that Sunday night at that time but decided to go onto the Eastern Freeway rather than Hoddle St.

Highly recommend.

Starting listen to Casefile last week. Some really chilling stuff I must say. The East Area Rapist ones are tough and scary listening, you almost feel like you’re there.

The Hoddle St Massacre one was also very good. Again very chilling hearing the events unfold. Particularly knowing my parents were headed home that Sunday night at that time but decided to go onto the Eastern Freeway rather than Hoddle St.

Highly recommend.
The East Area Rapist one was chilling to the bone. Awesome that they have now caught him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The greatest season that was - 93'

It is a look at why the 1993 AFL season was the best ever. If you're a 30 something footy fan, you'll love it.

Only listened to one so far. When they say 1993 was the year football turned from what it used to be to what it is now, they spot on. The first year a final played at night and the last year we had a singular preliminary final. Was also before interchange benches got increased to rotation systems to come a decade later. Fitzroy still existed and true big bags of goals by forwards was way more common place. Salary cap and drafts still in their infancy that clubs not fully serious about them yet. Interstate outposts just one team towns at that point. The football itself was always exciting and still had a number of suburban grounds exists but Friday night footy was already regular fixture but not live on tv. Friday nights back then was about either going to the game or following live the radio coverage. Internet for football or club analysis was not even started. The Footy Show was not even a thing. Was the real turning point for so much going and so many changes coming.
Will be interesting to see how much they cover of all this in the series. Not much I suspect, will probably be mostly about the football which actually hammers home the point even more.

Only listened to one so far. When they say 1993 was the year football turned from what it used to be to what it is now, they spot on. The first year a final played at night and the last year we had a singular preliminary final. Was also before interchange benches got increased to rotation systems to come a decade later. Fitzroy still existed and true big bags of goals by forwards was way more common place. Salary cap and drafts still in their infancy that clubs not fully serious about them yet. Interstate outposts just one team towns at that point. The football itself was always exciting and still had a number of suburban grounds exists but Friday night footy was already regular fixture but not live on tv. Friday nights back then was about either going to the game or following live the radio coverage. Internet for football or club analysis was not even started. The Footy Show was not even a thing. Was the real turning point for so much going and so many changes coming.
Will be interesting to see how much they cover of all this in the series. Not much I suspect, will probably be mostly about the football which actually hammers home the point even more.
Im up to episode 12 I think... It's very good. The insights to what was going on in the background are huge. Each episode is brilliant in its own way... Mybe it was the greatest season of the modern era. Bu * me the AFL commission were campaigners.

Fitzroy... I miss you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back